A Danish company is building a $335 million seawall around New York

PillowSmoke

Hmmmm Vancouver's sea wall is still better.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

That better be New York's own cash spent and not from the feds.

Middle of nowhere USA is so dull, I don't see why companies don't try to make those places more exciting. Humans are probably one of the only species that purposely builds homes in dangerous areas and STAY there.

Population density and availability of trade ports is lacking in the middle of the U.S.. Think like a business person. This is why big cities get a lot of business, exchange of ideas, educated people, and, yes, liberals.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

soo the regio with less money took a hit and now the rich people want the dutch to protect against the sea?

hopefully they leave some nice hidden holes, wich we can use to destroy the city when we want to. :ph34r:

looks like a typical "ohh crap where are the dutch, we got trouble with our water" situation.

previous experience list:

dubai (palm islands and the world islands)

the netherlands themself :rolleyes:

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

No. But even the article says it is a Danish company :P

And I believe OP originally gave it as Danish, but for some reason somebody said they were Dutch and OP changed it, IIRC :P

I lost power for three hours, and I lost a lawn chair, but that was the extent of our damage. Some didn't make it out so easily, in fact you still see the devastation when driving around on Staten Island.

And I know of the worse things in the world, but this one affects me on a more personal level.

3 hours? I lost power for 12 days!

We also lost 3 huge trees, and our driveway was ruined by rushing water

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

am i the only one who thinks this a great deal? 

its NYC, where a decent apt cost half a million 

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

My insurance agent said they have paid out more this year in hail damage in the midwest than they did for Hurricane Katrina... So by this logic the government should upgrade all the homes in the US to a hail resistant shingle, and build garages for everyone who doesn't have one right?

I understand hail doesn't cause power outages, etc, I'm just trying to be funny.  :) Still, I think it is a bit excessive. Shit happens, don't want to be hit by a hurricane? Then move to the midwest and dodge tornadoes with us.

Or come play dodge the hail, last one alive is the winner:

BTW: This dealership had about $150 million in damages from this hail storm.

Makes you wonder how much a roof over those cars would have cost.....Probably a bit less than 150 mil

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

@NuroKnight Really nice project, but Bjarke Ingels Group (BIG) is a danish company situated in Copenhagen, Denmark.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bjarke_Ingels_Group For an overview of their work.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

People complaining about this because of America's financial state but are u guys forgetting there spending billions on a pointless (except for a very select few) war? At least this is going to give the whole of an American city some sort of gain unlike these wars in the middle east!

billions? it was actually trillions

My insurance agent said they have paid out more this year in hail damage in the midwest than they did for Hurricane Katrina... So by this logic the government should upgrade all the homes in the US to a hail resistant shingle, and build garages for everyone who doesn't have one right?

I understand hail doesn't cause power outages, etc, I'm just trying to be funny.  :) Still, I think it is a bit excessive. Shit happens, don't want to be hit by a hurricane? Then move to the midwest and dodge tornadoes with us.

Or come play dodge the hail, last one alive is the winner:

BpQP86CCIAAYXBN.jpg

BTW: This dealership had about $150 million in damages from this hail storm.

the hail damage is spread out for a longer period of time and katrina was like a day. 

billions? it was actually trillions

actually no the current war against isis which is what i was talking about has not hit the trillion mark yet although i have no doubt it will but yes they did on al Qeada which was another pointless war.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/us-wars-in-afghanistan-iraq-to-cost-6-trillion/5350789

yea 6 trillion not expensive at all psssh we can easily shrug that off

The decade-long American wars in Afghanistan and Iraq would end up costing as much as $6 trillion

I'm sorry but we don't spend a lot on war a month considering the US military gets About $600B a year and most of it is not spent on war. It's spent on operations at home and the navy.

The decade-long American wars in Afghanistan and Iraq would end up costing as much as $6 trillion

I'm sorry but we don't spend a lot on war a month considering the US military gets About $600B a year and most of it is not spent on war. It's spent on operations at home and the navy.

we spend more on military than the next top 10 military spending countries combined 

actually no the current war against isis which is what i was talking about has not hit the trillion mark yet although i have no doubt it will but yes they did on al Qeada which was another pointless war.

each missile we launch is 1 million dollars and thats not counting the operational fee for the planes. ISIS is probably laughing at us right now for making us waste our money. the recent air strikes killed a dozen civilians which ISIS will use as propaganda to get more recruits so for every ISIS member we kill 10 more join

we spend more on military than the next top 10 military spending countries combined 

And? We have more money to spend, so what?

And? We have more money to spend, so what?

um do you know how in debt we are

um do you know how in debt we are

Biggest two factors aren't because of war, I'll tell you that much.

This reminds me of the Pacific Rim wall. It was useless. Also the Japan sea wall. It was harmful because it made the water stick in land when there was a tsunami instead of letting the water go.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

Dutchies know how to handle this stuff lol :D

So do Danes. Denmark has a lot more coastline than the Netherlands AFAIK, and it's flatter as well.

Top 3 expenditures at this point are social programs, the military, and general welfare in that order (when you account for all the backdoor funding the DOD gets through the NSF).

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

but war should be like last on the list. a country shouldn't go around getting involved in random pointless wars and wasting the money of its people a country should spend the money on services for its people