Apple reportedly punishes German mag for its iPhone 6 Plus bend test

Aniallation

Oh really? Who else?

Yes. You've asserted that what they did was wrong. You have to back that claim up.

Yes, the information required to come to this conclusion of mine is linked in the OP.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Yes, the information required to come to this conclusion of mine is linked in the OP.

I look at the same information and come to a different conclusion.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

No, I'm not better than that. If I cut out bits of your post it's because I think it fails the BS test so badly it's not worth replying to. I try and pick out the essence of your response and roll with that. You brought up Steve Jobs having a persecutory attitude, and please correct me if I'm wrong in saying you meant him attacking Android.

The fact that you don't realize that quote from Katie Cotton has multiple meanings is rather concerning. You said other tech outlets said the same thing, show me.

No, I meant that he was convinced that everybody was out to get him with Antenna gate and he refused to do anything about it, until somebody finally made him realize that he could not treat that controversy with silence. And thank you for calling what I said BS....thats really contructive do the debate.

What about telling me why what I wrote didn't pass the BS test, or why it wasn't worth replying too...Because you actually only replied to the only thing in my post that wasn't worth replying too and ignored everything else.

"You said other tech outlets said the same thing, show me." Read it again. I said that other tech outlets wrote stories about her when she resigned!.....Most tech sites would write a story about it when such a long reigning PR person resigns. I didn't say that other sites wrote that quote. Thats kinda the point. Nobody dared.

Stop being so condescending and debate like a real adult.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

I look at the same information and come to a different conclusion.

So:

Apple has revoked the PR accreditation of Europe's best selling computer magazine, Computer Bild, for posting a video of one its reporters trying to bend an iPhone 6 Plus.

Is not a form of blacklisting?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

"You said other tech outlets said the same thing, show me." Read it again. I said that other tech outlets wrote stories about her when she resigned!.....Most tech sites would write a story about it when such a long reigning PR person resigns. I didn't say that other sites wrote that quote. Thats kinda the point. Nobody dared.

Stop being so condescending and debate like a real adult.

Yes, clearly the fact that nobody else said so means that nobody dared...Occam's Razor, my friend.

I'm sick of debating. Really. I've had too much. You win. I lose. Happy now? I just want to be left in peace right now...I've been debating stuff like this on and off for the better part of six months and I'd kind of prefer just being a normal member for some amount of time where I can say things without people having preconceived notions of what I mean. 

I'm leaving this thread. I hope another constructive debate ensues. I apologize. I'm just too tired to continue at the moment.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Yes, clearly the fact that nobody else said so means that nobody dared...Occam's Razor, my friend.

I'm sick of debating. Really. I've had to much. You win. I lose. Happy now? I just want to be left in peace right now...I've been debating stuff like this on and off for the better part of six months and I'd kind of prefer just being a normal member for some amount of time where I can say things without people having preconceived notions of what I mean. 

I'm leaving this thread. I hope another constructive debate ensues. I apologize. I'm just too tired to continue at the moment.

No. Im far from happy. Rather disappointed. If you have just stuck to the last sentence, then I would have been fine, but you had to claim the moral highground before leaving with the occam razor thing.

But see you next time then.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

No, I'm not better than that. If I cut out bits of your post it's because I think it fails the BS test so badly it's not worth replying to. I try and pick out the essence of your response and roll with that. You brought up Steve Jobs having a persecutory attitude, and please correct me if I'm wrong in saying you meant him attacking Android.

The fact that you don't realize that quote from Katie Cotton has multiple meanings is rather concerning. You said other tech outlets said the same thing, show me.

That right there, is why you can't be a normal forum member, you think yourself above responding to that which you do not wish to (or possibly can't because your wrong).

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

f4e31c9f.gif

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

There are a couple of reasons why it matters:

1) The fact that there is so many people defending them when they don't need defending: They're making literal truck loads of money in sales with this devices

2) Because of the tremendous amounts of units they move, the fact that they would try to silence an opinion matters since they can leverage the army of fucking idiots that keep buying their products even when obviously faulty (an no, the fact that other faulty, bendable products exists does not excuse them) and really hurt a publication or outlet though not much (they can't stop them from buying their products and independently test them after all) but it is significant to lose exclusivity and press event stuff.

-------

Current Rig

-------

It has still been blown completely out of proportion, so many smartphones can be bent/snapped by hand

Sure I am disappointed by Apple, I love and use their products, everyone was acting like no other phone could be bent by hand when in fact many could, and from Consumer Reports the HTC one can withstand the same force as the iPhone 6/6+, my 6 is super strong and I just took it to london for 4 days, it had a rough time in my pocket I can tell you that, and I dont use cases/screen protectors

Not sure how I feel about their punishment of the magazine, seems just, but seems unfair at the same time, I think articles that can prove damaging to a company are harsh and that company has every right to revoke that reviewers privileges 

That said people should know the truth too, neither are in the right in my opinion

That said, as an iPhone user, I am happy I chose the 6, and have 0 regrets

I don't think it has been blown out of proportion though i mean its apple, they pretty much hold the bar for build quality and aren't shy about it. It annoys me that they dont know how to handle bad press as if they only ever get good press

CPU: i7 4790K-----GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming + MSI GTX 980 TWINFROZR ------MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 7-------RAM: Klevv Genuine 2400MHz-------PSU: EVGA 850W SuperNOVA G2-------CASE: Phanteks Enhtoo Luxe

Gizmodo wasn't under a NDA however on any level what so ever. 

Yes but, banning them for leaking a product is wildly different from banning for reporting on flaws. I commend Apple for banning companies for leaking their products, but not for blacklisting bad publicity. Basically they are sending the message that "If you publish anything negative about Apple and/or it's products you aren't worthy to be part of the elite class and hold all that is holy and magnificent in this world" Speaking from their mouths not mine (just emphasizing on their egotism) 

Processor: AMD FX8320 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO 2.0 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600Mhz

Graphics: Zotac GTX 1060 6GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair Carbine 500R Drives: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD & Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD

That is the standardized, and fair testing method and shows that under the same pressure other phones would deform and break, not unique to the iPhone,..also from what you have read? I suggest watching the video before commenting about the content it contains

Also a video about a car from 1988? it might bear the same name but does not mean it follows the same practices or employs the same people

Do you think if the bending point was near the volume buttons instead of the center would make a difference?  I think it would, and can you tell me why Lo from unbox therapy was able to bend the 6+ easily but not the moto X 2014?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Do you think if the bending point was near the volume buttons instead of the center would make a difference?  I think it would, and can you tell me why Lo from unbox therapy was able to bend the 6+ easily but not the moto X 2014?

It's not easy to debate such things without doing more testing on different points of each phone and so on.  we know the phone bends with enough pressure in one point, we also know if you move that point of pressure in it doesn't bend as easy.  Do we know if the moto x would do the same if the point of pressure was moved? not really, I feel trying to determine if this is a flaw is not really possible without more tests, also I feel not really important to this thread.  This thread simply questions if apples response to computerbild was satisfactory.  

We know that what apple did was legal, but legal does not determine moral or ethical correctness. We also know it's apples right to list or de-list anyone from their registers, but this also does not determine an ethical or moral choice.

We know what the magazine reported on and what apple did in response, so it's up to the individual to determine using their own moral compass whether the response is ethical or not.  I have already pointed out my reasoning, but that doesn't make everyone else reasoning wrong, just confusing to me because I can't/don't see/understand the rational they have used.