Nexus 6 specs get leaked

TopWargamer

TO ALL COMPANIES EVER, PLEASE STOP MAKING **GIANT** PHONES. 
Women in general can't hold them at all and I have small hands and a Galaxy S5 is too big for me.

A 6+ inch vertical sized phone is getting too much...

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I have minimal astigmatism (as in, it's the minimum to be even classified as that condition) in my left eye and my right eye is perfect. I can't see aliasing anywhere nor can I see individual pixels like I can on the 6 or my own 5s.

Then the test you are doing is flawed.

It doesn't really matter what we "need" for that since the returns diminish so greatly after ~450-500 that it's not worth giving up performance and battery life for.

I agree. That's why I was clear in specifiy that what we need, what is good and what's perfect are three very different things.

What we need: 0 PPI (we don't even NEED computers).

What's good: ~300 PPI.

What's perfect: ~2000 PPI or something like that.

As long as we haven't hit the "perfect" limit, it's not useless to keep increasing it.

Comments which says "we don't need it" or "it's useless/a marketing gimmick" bothers me.

It's true that we don't need it in the same sense as we don't NEED houses. We could live in caves. Houses, and high PPI, makes our lives better though so I don't see any reason to talk bad about it.

Saying that it's useless is just flat out wrong. This is not a question about "well I can't see it so therefore it's useless" because we can calculate it with hard numbers. Saying that it's useless is like saying 1 + 1 isn't 2 because you don't feel like it is. We know what our human eyes are capable of, and if we compare that to the screens we have on phones we can see that they are not even close to matching our eyes under perfect conditions (and in many cases even suboptimal conditions).

TO ALL COMPANIES EVER, PLEASE STOP MAKING **GIANT** PHONES. 

Women in general can't hold them at all and I have small hands and a Galaxy S5 is too big for me.

A 6+ inch vertical sized phone is getting too much...

Actually it is 5.14229 x 2.89255 inches. Using some trig you can find out the dimensions of any screen by knowing the aspect ratio and the diagonal size.

tan-1(9/16) gives the angle of 29.3578 from there to find the dimensions

5.9cos(29.3578) = the height

5.9sin(29.3578) = the width

Also keep in mind that the Nexus devies have almost no bezels, so this should feel more like a 5.0 - 5.5 inch phone

I agree. That's why I was clear in specifiy that what we need, what is good and what's perfect are three very different things.

As long as we haven't hit the "perfect" limit, it's not useless to keep increasing it.

Comments which says "we don't need it" or "it's useless/a marketing gimmick" bothers me.

It's true that we don't need it in the same sense as we don't NEED houses. We could live in caves. Houses, and high PPI, makes our lives better though so I don't see any reason to talk bad about it.

Saying that it's useless is just flat out wrong. This is not a question about "well I can't see it so therefore it's useless" because we can calculate it with hard numbers. Saying that it's useless is like saying 1 + 1 isn't 2 because you don't feel like it is. We know what our human eyes are capable of, and if we compare that to the screens we have on phones we can see that they are not even close to matching our eyes under perfect conditions (and in many cases even suboptimal conditions).

2000PPI?!?

Are you insane?

How closely do you hold your phone to your face? Because I know I rarely go closer than about 6 inches and 400-500 PPI is perfect for that.

Even at 5.9" you still have a fairly high DPI with hd screens

720p = 249 DPI

1080p = 373 DPI

900p = 311 DPi (perfect)

1440p = 498 DPI

2160p = 747 DPI

To have a 2000 DPI screen at 5.9" you would need a resolution of 10,285 x 5,785 pixels. Please, find my a mobile CPu/GPu capable of handling that, or battery for that matter .Fuck it, find me a professional desktop GPU that can handle that resolution and a display interface with the necessary bandwidth.

I'm excited to upgrade to this from my GS3, though I'd probably try to find one to hold first to see how it feels in hand (and if it can fit in my pocket).  I don't have a tablet or laptop, just my gaming rig, so going up in screen size on my phone would be really nice.  It mostly all just comes down to if it will fit in my pocket.

They need a 5 inch Nexus 6 and a 6 inch Nexus 6X, 6 inches is too big for most people ;)

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

How about saying that that the cons outweigh the pros? Past 400, you need to look for the pixels to see them. Hell, even past 200 that can be the case. However, the lost battery life and performance, in addition to 1080p content actually looking worse, are things which are impossible to ignore. It doesn't matter if there's some tiny benefit; it's still a marketing gimmick. I call it useless because there's no tangible benefit in everyday use, which is 100% true unless you buy phones just to see if you can make out the individual pixels.

Also, you're strawmanning. 

Come on google. How am I going to reach the most part of the screen with my linus hands...

They need a 5 inch Nexus 6 and a 6 inch Nexus 6X, 6 inches is too big for most people ;)

Nah, if they have 5" and 6" it'll be the Nexus 5 2014 and the Nexus 6...

The phones weren't originally named for their screen size but ever since the tablets came out which were named for screen size they have been.

and i thought 5.5" was large

I still think the 4" iPhone display is large :o

These aren't really leaked specs, they're just guesses anyone could make. In fact, nearly all of them are givens,

2000PPI?!?

Are you insane?

How closely do you hold your phone to your face? Because I know I rarely go closer than about 6 inches and 400-500 PPI is perfect for that.

the brain keeps processing the images you see and given enough time you can start to make out very fine details. its gotten to the point where i can just make out a little bit of pixel spacing on my phone which has a 5" display @1080p (441 ppi) 

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))

I never use my smartphone without my dissection microscope, so it's going to be a while before I can't see the pixels.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

Even at 5.9" you still have a fairly high DPI with hd screens

720p = 249 DPI

1080p = 373 DPI

900p = 311 DPi (perfect)

1440p = 498 DPI

2160p = 747 DPI

To have a 2000 DPI screen at 5.9" you would need a resolution of 10,285 x 5,785 pixels. Please, find my a mobile CPu/GPu capable of handling that, or battery for that matter .Fuck it, find me a professional desktop GPU that can handle that resolution and a display interface with the necessary bandwidth.

He was talking about the DPI to make it look like real life. Yes, the technology isn't out for that yet.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

Phones getting bigger and bigger a few years later and we see people carrying 15 inch phones in their backpack. :lol:

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

Possibly going to be a 5.2'' version as well I think. Don't like the front look so far, but my Nexus 4 is still going strong. Will definitely look to upgrade it

I love StarCraft

Intel i5 4670 @3.4Ghz - Gigabyte G1 Gaming Gtx 970 @ 1542Mhz - 120GB Kingston SSD - 1TB Seagate HDD - Gigabyte B85-H3D - 8 GB 1333Mhz Kingston RAM - Azza Toledo 301 - SteelSeries Sensei/Logitech G400s - Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate - Sennheiser HD 598 - Zalman Zm-mic 1
 http://www.last.fm/user/thalandros 
http://www.mysteamgauge.com/account?username=76561198044810844

2000PPI?!?

Are you insane?

Well I am talking about an absolutely perfect screen here. My Galaxy S 4 has a PPI of 441 and I can very easily see a 1 pixel misalignment from like 1 meter away.

It's because we humans has a hyperacuity when it comes to seeing the alignment of two lines for some reason. For just regular resolution, our acuity is about 1 arc minute (which is the measurement Apple used to come to the conclusion that 300+ PPI at 30cm away is retina). Our vernier acuity is about 0.13 arc minutes.

So to reach that limit, we need several thousands of PPI. When we have (I *think it's about) 2000 PPI, then screens will be better than our eyes (in terms of resolution) in every possible way. Until then we will under certain conditions be able to notice a difference.

For everyday use I'd say even 300 PPI is very good, but there are benefits of going far higher than that. I would suggest against it at this point in time though. 2560x1440 at 5"+ is more than enough for now. When GPUs and batteries have caught up I don't see any reason to not increase it further though.

How about saying that that the cons outweigh the pros? Past 400, you need to look for the pixels to see them. Hell, even past 200 that can be the case. However, the lost battery life and performance, in addition to 1080p content actually looking worse, are things which are impossible to ignore. It doesn't matter if there's some tiny benefit; it's still a marketing gimmick. I call it useless because there's no tangible benefit in everyday use, which is 100% true unless you buy phones just to see if you can make out the individual pixels.

Also, you're strawmanning. 

How am I strawmanning? I even agreed with you in that post.

The cons of going higher (at this point in time) outweigh the pros. I completely agree with that. I don't think 2560x1440 on a 5.9" screen is by any stretch of the imagination a waste though. 1920x1080 would "only" be 373 PPI, and 2560x1440 is the next logical step.

I would like to know what CPU and how much RAM they use though. I am assuming Snapdragon 805 and 3 GB.

Tegra K1 like the Shield Tablet, not sure about the ram

It's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!

I don't understand people complaining the phone is too big, I decided to make a to-scale size print out of the device and I have found that is fits perfectly in my hand, two handed typing is perfect and my fingers don't get cramped and the device has bezels that are small enough that the over all device doesn't feel too overwhelming, especially after comparing it to my friends iphone 6 (non plus)

I'm a human. Indeed I err. I personally can't see above 400 whatever the iPhone 6 Plus has. I suppose you can.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /