Nexus 6 specs get leaked

TopWargamer

Man if that's what the Nexus actually turns out to be I might have to give up on the Nexus love for a generation until they bring it back down to a reasonable size.

Looks like the Z3 Compact might be my next phone, if I even decide to upgrade this year.

I'd say QHD gets more important the higher up in size you go, especially on something that's damn near 6".

It's basically a tablet.

Not really soon, still about a year away.

The Moto X only has one speaker, so having stereo speakers is already a step in the right direction ;)

Almost 500 PPI is still useless, even at that size.

I'd say QHD gets more important the higher up in size you go, especially on something that's damn near 6".

It's basically a tablet.

No. Nobody needs over 350PPI for anything let alone over 400PPI or god forbid 500PPI like that monster.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Think I'm still going to go with a Note 4.  

I really want to stay with the S pen, but I just don't know if I can afford $750 plus tax. :/

No. Nobody needs over 350PPI for anything let alone over 400PPI or god forbid 500PPI like that monster.

I know why you believe that. Because Apple told you so.

ALL HAIL APPLE.

Most people can tell the difference between a 720p phone and 1080p.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

ALL HAIL APPLE.

No man, it's not because Apple told me so. You have a case of what I like to call large numbers fetishism. Larger numbers make you happier no matter what they mean.

720p vs 1080p is a useless comparison because you don't give screen size specs to determine the PPI.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

ALL HAIL APPLE.

How is this relevant? 720p is less than 300 PPI on most phones these days

And you've got builders number lol

How is this relevant? 720p is less than 300 PPI on most phones these days

And you've got builders number lol

Haha, most phones have over 350ppi with 720p; it's generally reserved for phones around 4.7".

5" phones get 1080p+ unless they're really low end. That's 440ppi.

No man, it's not because Apple told me so. You have a case of what I like to call large numbers fetishism. Larger numbers make you happier no matter what they mean.

720p vs 1080p is a useless comparison because you don't give screen size specs to determine the PPI.

I was generalizing based on most phones. Say same size, for example a 4.7". Or 5".

Linus has mentioned a few times he can tell the difference.

I hate saying that, because it makes it seem like "Oh, Linus said it, so it's true!" but it's the only person I can think of that you've probably also heard of that agrees.

Of course, it's the internet, so it can easily go both ways with people backing up either side.

I can tell the difference. I enjoy 1080p.

Now, I agree, 1440p isn't the most useful in smaller form. I wouldn't really even care if the phone was 5.5" or lower.

However, as sizes approach 6"+, I wouldn't mind seeing more. It's almost the same difference as 720p vs 1080p on smaller devices (440ppi being the pixel density on average of a 1080p display I've used)

Large numbers don't make me happy regardless of what they mean. I don't like the larger size of the phone, screen or body. So. There's that.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Now, I agree, 1440p isn't the most useful in smaller form. I wouldn't really even care if the phone was 5.5" or lower.

However, as sizes approach 6"+, I wouldn't mind seeing more. It's almost the same difference as 720p vs 1080p on smaller devices (440ppi being the pixel density on average of a 1080p display I've used)

Large numbers don't make me happy regardless of what they mean. I don't like the larger size of the phone, screen or body. So. There's that.

Yes but even on the 6+ individual pixels are indiscernible at all distances so it's literally pointless to increase. That's 1080p on a 5.5" display. QHD is far more dense for only 0.5" of screen real estate added.

I reiterate, above 350-400PPI the panel manufacturers are just wanking to large numbers.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

So Motorola's making this bad boy? Hope the camera quality is better than LG's Nexus 4 and 5, that was the only thing about my old phone that I didn't like. I'd say the screen size is a bit too big, and I have the one plus one. But if this comes in at the $350 price range, then it will definitely sell.

Main rig: i7 3770K @ 4.54, Sapphire R9 290, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Mushkin Redline 2133, Lian Li PC-P50R, Seasonic 860xp Platinum, Kingston Hyper X 3K 240GB

freeNAS server: AMD Athlon II 170u 20W, 5 x 3TB WD Red in raid-z1 (12 TB)

media centre: AMD A10-5700, crucial M4 (boot), running XBMC,4 x 3TB WD Red, 3 x 3TB WD green + 2TB green in FlexRAID (17 TB)

i*ve been looking into buying a new phone for quite some time now and i must admit the screen kinnda turns me off, it's too large.

5.9"?

NOPE.

If the rumours are true and this is a stupidly big phone, I'm gonna have to go with the One M8...

I still think this could be the motorola moto XL and not, as everyone is making it out to be, the new nexus 6. I just don't think google would want a phone to be that big and looking so much like a moto X. But of course I could be wrong, and I am likely to be wrong as well.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

There's no way this is going to be in the same price range as previous nexus

It will be. Google can afford a loss on hardware because they make so much money from other avenues. That is their plan, AFAIK. Make hardware as cheap for the consumer as possible, because once people are in the google ecosystem they can make tons of money off them.

Amazon has a similar idea with their Fire OS devices.

With the screen on most smart phones being the biggest battery drain and the fact that most smart phones now will not fit in my front pockets would have liked to see a screen size closer to 5 inches.

but that said i can not wait for the next nexus phone to come out and will be getting one either way :)

(i just hope it has good storage options too)

Win 10 Pro 64bit| Intel i5-4670k| Corsair H100i| ASUS Maximus VI GENE| 2x8GB PC3-14900 Corsair Vengeance Pro Red| MSI GeForce GTX 1070 | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro SSD| WD 3TB Red | WD Black 3tb | Corsair Obsidian 350D| Corsair AX760 | Dust |

I don't know why but I just don't find anything exciting about those specs or that image. 

That design is atrocious if that's it. With that said I'll probably end up with one if they release more colors and after the obligatory manufacturing issues that plague all Nexus devices get sorted out (believe me, I know).

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

I am only speaking for myself but I simply don't need a friggen qhd display on a phone. I'd rather have 1080p and have that awesome battery take me a couple days to drain

Massive battery, massive QHD screen, front facing speakers! If i was in the search for a phone... oh boy... :D I would like to know what CPU and how much RAM they use though. I am assuming Snapdragon 805 and 3 GB.

If they go for the Nvidia K1 APU chip, this could possibly be one of the best phone / gaming tablet hybrid on the market!! B) !! And the Nexus line-up as pretty much always been centered around a great value/spec ratio. So we can expect a pretty decent retail price on this one.

Posted Image

Nope it's average :D

What's the x axis?

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

Nobody needs a computer to begin with. What you need, what's good and what's perfect are three completely different things.

As far as what our eyes are capable of seeing, we are still a far way from hitting that limit. When we start getting above 1000 PPI then we *might* be able to say that more is useless. Until then, anyone who says "it's useless to go higher" is just ignorant.

For things like Chinese and Japanese the extra PPI can be very handy.

If they go for the Nvidia K1 APU chip, this could possibly be one of the best phone / gaming tablet hybrid on the market!! B) !! And the Nexus line-up as pretty much always been centered around a great value/spec ratio. So we can expect a pretty decent retail price on this one.

The Nexus line hasn't always been about great value. Only the Nexus 4 and 5 have been great value. The Nexus One, Nexus S and Galaxy Nexus were all the same price as other high end phones, without offering fantastic specs.

5.9", however small the bezels are, is far too big.  Personally, I would not go beyond 5.5" as my OnePlus is perfect for two handed use, and works well enough with a single hand.

AMD FX-6300 @ 4.5ghz (1.332v) | Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Asus M5A97 R2.0 | Kingston HyperX 16GB @ 1600mhz | MSI Radeon R9 290 Twin Frozr

OCZ ModXStream Pro 600w PSU | 256GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 | Zalman Z11 Plus