Nexus 6 specs get leaked

TopWargamer

wow these specs would be awesome to see in a phone. For those that dont like the idea of a large phone, do you think it is possible that like the nexus 7, they will just release a gen 2 of the nexus 5?

I'm curious to see if they'll stick to the $300 unlocked price. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

I like the big screen size. It really irks me to have a iphone and an ipad, the iphone is too small for basic web browsing and stuff but the ipad is too big and isnt portable enough. It seems this size would be able to make it so I can use my phone as a tablet and a phone... a phablet... Hope these are true and that the rest of specs are good

Gla pd I didn't wait for this looks awful

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

A3PQsH1.gif

Probably not 5.9" though.Last time it was rumored to be bigger too.I expect something like 5.5",or pretty close to that.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

That'd mean the screen alone is larger than my Nexus 5 + case. Nope. Too big. I like the move to front facing speakers, but that's about it.

Fuck that size screen fuck that 

tumblr_inline_nah7voMoP01scgho2.gif

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

I'm curious to see if they'll stick to the $300 unlocked price. 

According to rumors, it's $500-$600. :/

This just made my decision easier. Im gettin LG G2 ! Specs, size, battery just WOW (2013). Wanted One Plus One but im not gonna buy phone with screen bigger than 5.3" no way on earth that would happen.

In 2016 we will be walking around with backpacks for our 7" and 8" smartphones or what ?!

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

I really really hope there will be a 5" or a 4.7" version, or somwhere around that

6" is just. Too big. Just a few people would be interested in that. If they launch a smaller version they might keep me from getting a Z3, might : )

Ryzen 7 5800X     Corsair H115i Platinum     ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)     G.Skill Trident Z 3600CL16 (@3800MHzCL16 and other tweaked timings)     

MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio    Corsair HX850     WD Black SN850 1TB     Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB     Samsung 840 EVO 500GB     Acer XB271HU 27" 1440p 165hz G-Sync     ASUS ProArt PA278QV     LG C8 55"     Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass     Logitech G915      Logitech MX Vertical      Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless 2019      Windows 10 Pro x64

How's the Oneplus? ..... they are already releasing a second one soon... 

Yes now even though it's a great phone for the price. I still believe that they are a relatively new company, and that warranty and stuff along those lines are going to be difficult.

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

How's the Oneplus? ..... they are already releasing a second one soon... 

>Soon

Not really. It comes out a whole year from now. 

COMIC SANS

Real details will matter, but this will most likely be my new phone.  Really need a replacement.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

its great except for screen size, i don't like going too much over 5"

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

Nobody needs a computer to begin with. What you need, what's good and what's perfect are three completely different things.

As far as what our eyes are capable of seeing, we are still a far way from hitting that limit. When we start getting above 1000 PPI then we *might* be able to say that more is useless. Until then, anyone who says "it's useless to go higher" is just ignorant.

For things like Chinese and Japanese the extra PPI can be very handy.

We've hit it already. Just got back from the Apple store. I can't see pixels if I hold the 6 Plus until it touches my nose. I literally can't see them at any distance. I won't claim to have perfect eyesight (it's almost perfect) but they're really really fucking small. They're even smaller on the QHD phones so I can't even imagine what those are like.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Nobody needs a computer to begin with. What you need, what's good and what's perfect are three completely different things.

As far as what our eyes are capable of seeing, we are still a far way from hitting that limit. When we start getting above 1000 PPI then we *might* be able to say that more is useless. Until then, anyone who says "it's useless to go higher" is just ignorant.

For things like Chinese and Japanese the extra PPI can be very handy.

First time I've ever completely disagreed with you.

We've hit it already. Just got back from the Apple store. I can't see pixels if I hold the 6 Plus until it touches my nose. I literally can't see them at any distance. I won't claim to have perfect eyesight (it's almost perfect) but they're really really fucking small. They're even smaller on the QHD phones so I can't even imagine what those are like.

Well I got two explanations for that.

1) You don't know what to look for, or you're doing a flawed test.

2) You got really bad eye sight.

First time I've ever completely disagreed with you.

Well, that makes this the first time you've ever been completely wrong. /joke.

But seriously, if you completely disagree with me on this then you are just flat out wrong.

A blog post I wrote about it.

What Anandtech has to say about it.

Facts are facts. This is not even taking vernier acuity into consideration, which we humans are very good at. For that we need something ridiculous like 2000 PPI to match our eyes (for someone with average vision, even higher if you got above average).

I have minimal astigmatism (as in, it's the minimum to be even classified as that condition) in my left eye and my right eye is perfect. I can't see aliasing anywhere nor can I see individual pixels like I can on the 6 or my own 5s.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Well, that makes this the first time you've ever been completely wrong. /joke.

But seriously, if you completely disagree with me on this then you are just flat out wrong.

A blog post I wrote about it.

What Anandtech has to say about it.

Facts are facts. This is not even taking vernier acuity into consideration, which we humans are very good at. For that we need something ridiculous like 2000 PPI to match our eyes (for someone with average vision, even higher if you got above average).

It doesn't really matter what we "need" for that since the returns diminish so greatly after ~450-500 that it's not worth giving up performance and battery life for.

i'm a big fan of big phones but 5.9" is too damn high ... i say minimum 5" and max 5.3" thats the sweet spot 

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))

DAT BATTERY. Oh, but that screen's gonna suck it up in 30 minutes.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

i'm a big fan of big phones but 5.9" is too damn high ... i say minimum 5" and max 5.3" thats the sweet spot 

Naw man, 5.7" is the max

I hope they don't make it 6 inches, I cannot recommend that phone if it is that big.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Too fucking big Google...4.7 inches to 5 inches is perfect.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!