This needs to stop now. (RE: Hybrid master race)

-TesseracT-

Why can't we all accept that some people (including me) play consoles from time to time to enjoy exclusives? What's wrong with that? What if my favorite game is on a console? If I were to fight the "perpetuating of the industrialisation of AAA-gaming" and not buy consoles, well then how could I play my games?

PC gaming is totally the way to go, it is vastly superior in many many ways. Don't think I don't agree on that. But you can't play Uncharted on PC, so you if you want to play it you have to buy a PS3. Even if the game runs in 720p, even if it doesn't have M+KB support, and even if it's a weak system. It's the only way to play it.

Games are being splintered and divided over multiple proprietary hardware with the cynical reason to make more money. This is NOT in our benefit or something we should have to deal with. This is just a bunch hardware manufacturers slapping their epeens around, and somehow getting a loyal fanbase by doing so (I honestly don't understand why someone'd want to be a fanboy of EITHER of them, what have they done for you?). If we'd have shown a little more backbone, not buy the "next-gen" consoles and accept that by doing so we can't play this iteration of halo 12 or Uncharted 15, we wouldn't have to deal with it anymore. But I think it's clear that the majority are gullible, tasteless consumers who'd rather pay 400USD to be able to play capt. blands monotonous adventures on xbox gold (another thing you shouldn't have to pay for, but have to because everyone else is paying for it).

So again, a thanks to all "hybrids" and next-gen console buyers for your support. Thanks for perpetuating the industrialisation of AAA-gaming by showing you'd rather fight each other, instead of demanding some better morals or ethics in the gaming industry by not accepting cynical and proprietary "paywalls". I'm sure Microsoft and Sony will admire your loyalism all the way to the bank.

I agree with this way of thinking, but there is nothing to do. Even if a few thousand PC gamers decides that they're going to fight for PC gaming and non-exclusivity, it won't make a difference. There will still be million of console gamers out there who will get their console exclusives. I agree that everything should be on every platform. But please, don't insult "hybrid gamers"  there are a ton of them out there and they know that PC is better, but they just wanna enjoy some fine games that aren't available on their PC, despite the console's shortcomings. 

I am on the same page, I own og xbox, 360, one and i also do some heavy pc gaming. if all games would come out pc, then that would be a diff story. ppl just need to chill, some ppl like consoles, some ppl like to game on pc only, or both like me :) add me on steam or xbl lol

CPU: Intel i5 4690k @4.2ghz MOBO: Asus Maximus VI Hero-RAM:HyperX Fury 8gb PSU: Corsair CX750M-GPU: MSI 390x 8g HDD:WD Green 1TB KEYBOARD: Rosewill RGB8-MOUSE: Corsair Gaming RGB M65

If you play on PC, I like you, if you are a console fanboy, then plz, leave.

I'm not saying that I hate people who play on consoles, but I really do hate the ones who think consoles are better than PCs. The only advantages of them are:

• Less troubleshooting, and easier to get playing.
  • Exclusives, which is complete sht. 
  • Easier to play with friends (decent point to consoles). 

Imo, exclusive DLCs and games need to stop. Surely there is a petition I can sign to demand the end to this atrocity. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

I'm not saying that I hate people who play on consoles, but I really do hate the ones who think consoles are better than PCs. The only advantages of them are:

Imo, exclusive DLCs and games need to stop. Surely there is a petition I can sign to demand the end to this atrocity. 

Whoa, slow down there cowboy. Did I ever say I was a console fanboy? I'm a huge PC fanboy, and think it's superior in every way. I like some exclusives on consoles and therefore I play them. :) and yes I agree, exclusives suck.

SNES is a console too... As is Nintendo 64. Don't bash the consoles.

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

Exlcusives. That is the reason why consoles are still alive.

Very true, but us saying no to them isn't going to kill them.

Exlcusives. That is the reason why consoles are still alive.

Which is a horrible reason that only the hardware manufacturers might benefit from, though the xbox divison never made money during the 369 even though it was the more popular console. So look what good their exclusives did for them.

Very true, but us saying no to them isn't going to kill them.

Actually it would. Sony and Microsoft are already paying devs to compensate for sales to get tgem to do a exclusive launch. If people stop buying exclusives to the point where the devs cant make enough or console manufacturers arent willing to pay enough to compensate ill stop.

Though I own 4 consoles myself, I would happily see the console industry die. It's infected with money hungry monoliths, like EA who now cater to the consoles, because easy money.  

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Whoa, slow down there cowboy. Did I ever say I was a console fanboy? I'm a huge PC fanboy, and think it's superior in every way. I like some exclusives on consoles and therefore I play them. :) and yes I agree, exclusives suck.

Wasn't calling you a fanboy lol. 

#PCMUSTARDRACE

Also, what's with the console peasa..... people who call the current gen consoles "next-gen"!??!?!?!??!?!?!?

IMBECILES 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Though I own 4 consoles myself, I would happily see the console industry die. It's infected with money hungry monoliths, like EA who now cater to the consoles, because easy money.

I dont think it needs to die I just think it needs to move on with the times.

I dont think it needs to die I just think it needs to move on with the times.

Ok, the current situation needs to die. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

So you're against PC exclusives as well?

In my opinion all 3 of these are incredibly valid points for most console gamers. I don't see why everyone has to act like they're better than console gamers, it's really quite sad.

In my opinion all 3 of these are incredibly valid points for most console gamers. I don't see why everyone has to act like they're better than console gamers, it's really quite sad.

Yes I am if its leveraged as an exclusive.

Cause the internet and people taking a joke to heart.

consoles and console fanboys just need to accept the fact, that PC is a superior platform, when it comes to flexibility and performance. I mean, its kinda pathetic to see games for nextgen consoles having less than 1080p native resolution.

i personally have nothing against consoles (i own several of them) or people playing them.

+°´°+,¸¸,+°´°~ Glorious PC master gaming race :wub: ~°´°+,¸¸,+°´°+
BigBox: Asus P8Z77-V, 3570k, 8GB Ram, Intel 180GB & Sammy 750GB, HD4000, W7
PiBox: Rasberry Pi, BCM @ 1225Mhz ^_^ , 256MB Ram, 16GB Storage, pIO, Raspbian

Well, I'd rather games be distributed to everyone. I don't hate on the consoles, I just see them as inferior in most ways (which, truthfully, they are).

Yes I am if its leveraged as an exclusive.

Cause the internet and people taking a joke to heart.

They're usually not, but that doesn't make them any less PC exclusive / more accessible by console gamers, and I promise you there's TONS of these.

Well, I'd rather games be distributed to everyone. I don't hate on the consoles, I just see them as inferior in most ways (which, truthfully, they are).

Well that's the thing, they're not. A console is not a PC, a console is a console. It's like saying an orange is bad at being a kiwi.

They're usually not, but that doesn't make them any less PC exclusive / more accessible by console gamers, and I promise you there's TONS of these.

Well that's the thing, they're not. A console is not a PC, a console is a console. It's like saying an orange is bad at being a kiwi.

No, it's like saying an orange tastes worse than a kiwi. 

I believe a PC provides a better gaming experience, not that a console is a sht version of a PC. 

No, it's like saying an orange tastes worse than a kiwi. 

So we agree. Some people like oranges better than kiwis, some people like kiwis better, some people don't like oranges at all. That doesn't make oranges an inferior fruit.

So we agree. Some people like oranges better than kiwis, some people like kiwis better, some people don't like oranges at all. That doesn't make oranges an inferior fruit.

Well if chemically a kiwi was better than an orange, than that analogy would be perfect, because really, a PC does provide a better gaming experience, and flexibility. 

But even though some people know that a kiwi is better for you, they still would rather an orange, which I am fine with. 

But if they come around and start saying that my kiwi is absolute crap and that his orange is 10x times better, than I'm going to get pissed. 

While I do agree that there are some people who think consoles are technically superior to PCs and I disagree with them, I would, for my own needs, go with a console. I do some light, casual gaming from the couch and I don't want to worry about my hardware becoming obsolete for a long time. For this scenario a console world be better. And my PC is using its iGPU. And I'm happy with that. Obviously if you are a heavy gamer and are willing to spend more money, I'm not against PC gaming at all. I just wish people would stop saying PC is the best in all scenarios or vice versa.

Part of the Q6600 club

Gaming as a whole is being negatively impacted by the existence of Consoles. Their exclusives, shitty graphics and expensive games alongside their DLC whoring makes the console gaming industry hellish nowadays. Meanwhile, PC gaming is going through an endless Renaissance where there are cheap and revolutionary games for all and where something new is always around the corner. Meanwhile consoles don't get these advancements for many years and they end up being inferior to the advancements made in PC gaming. So we then get worse games as a result.

It's about time we move away from consoles and completely forget them so that the gaming industry isn't being held back by the onslaught of last gen remakes and pointless sameish sequels.

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com