Steam Just for You.

79wjd

http://store.steampowered.com/news/14478/?snr=1_550_552&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Not only does steam discount like every game, now they shove all the games they know you'll like right in your face. 

Welp, I guess I have no more need for this 

8cdd_rfid_blocking_wallet.jpg

It was nice knowing ya' pal.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Very cool, i think the follow feature will be nice

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

Steam has updated the front page!  It is designed to make it easier to find what you are looking for and to reduce the clutter created by the massive amounts of games on Steam which often times aren't really new games.

Features include:

Recommendations based one what game you own and play the most.  You can change this to what you like if they get it wrong.

Curators, which are reviewers you like and can follow as a way of finding games you like.  Your recommendations all across Steam will be affected by who you follow.

More powerful search functions

Filters are automatically applied to many categories when you view them based on what they think you'll like

A new feature is the Discovery Queue which is a list it will create for you of things that are popular and from there you can add it to your wishlist or say you aren't interested to further customize the queue it creates for you.

And the last amazing feature is that on the front page it now says "new to Steam" above the new games list, making it clear that the games aren't always brand new, and are just now getting onto Steam.

Interestingly these features are a lot like Totalbiscuit's video about the clutter on Steam

This is my first post of this kind, so I hope I did well :)

Yep, it's confirmed. Lord Gaben has a severe wallet fetish going on.

EDIT: Yaayy! 800 posts :D

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

It doesn't really affect me. I know exactly what games I want to buy, so more games on the homepage wont cause me to buy anything that I would not have before.

My Rig:

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H210 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  Motherboard:  MSI B450 AM4 Motherboard  Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB Video Card: MSI RX480 Power Supply: Corsair TX 750w Storage: Samsung 840 120GB And a 500GB WD BLUE Monitor: Acer S231HLbid 23" and an old Dell Mouse: RAZER DeathAdder 3.5G Keyboard: Ducky DK9008G2 PRO MX Cherry Blue

It's so blue *insert song here*

Looks like steam is making everything in the Big Picture styling 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I like the design apart from the background on the website. It looks horribly pixelated, they could have just gone with a flat colour. Apart from that it looks refreshing.

I'm using a skin, so I haven't actually seen that yet.  I'll check it out.

I want to know, is there an option to turn that crap off. I don't like having suggestions of games i should buy. Netflix has this crap and it annoys me to no end. I hate it when companies think they know me based on history.

Test ideas by experiment and observation; build on those ideas that pass the test, reject the ones that fail; follow the evidence wherever it leads and question everything.

The STEAMMASTERRACE continues to grow.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Lord GabeN grants to us love, hapiness, and poverty. All hale GabeN, Leader of Most Holy Ambitions.

And so GabeN has told us to march forthith unto the Land of Holy welding our swords of mice, shields of keyboards, and helmets of Oculus Rifts where we shall reclaim it-which is rightfully ours-from the PUNY Console Peasants from whom armed only with mere controllers we shall decimate in all forms of battle and we shall dominate even in their most ridiculous tradition and infatuation of CoD. Yes, my brothers- sisters and trans sexuals too- we shall destroy the inferior of races with our might and majesty. And if any Peasants wish to join us they must speak now or forever perish. -Ancient Speech from a Leader of Old, Book of Murratri section 2

The STEAMMASTERRACE continues to grow.

Steam is just unique, there will always be a special place in my heart for it. And a huge hole in my pocket for Lord Gaben to rape lol

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

Steam is just unique, there will always be a special place in my heart for it. And a huge hole in my pocket for Lord Gaben to rape lol

And a huge ulcer from anger for steam customer support lol

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

meh... these "stuff you'll like" rarely work for me... they're right maybe 2-3% of the time

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

What is that thing called "steam customer support" ? Never heard of it...

Spoiler

Spoiler

And a huge cesspool of phishers and scammers. 

meh... these "stuff you'll like" rarely work for me... they're right maybe 2-3% of the time

I don't know....Neweggs suggestion for me to get a 750Ti is pretty damn accurate....My 780 is a bit much for 144hz 1080p gaming. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

-snip- 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

I want to know, is there an option to turn that crap off. I don't like having suggestions of games i should buy. Netflix has this crap and it annoys me to no end. I hate it when companies think they know me based on history.

personalized recommendation never work but considering the mess the storefront was, this is better, especially whit curators, this way the crap can at least remain buried like it should be

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

I feel like the recommendations aren't anything special, but kind of work.

I've played a lot of Borderlands 2, so it recommended Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel.

I played some CoD Ghosts on the free weekend, so it suggested BO2.

I played a load of CSGO recently and have Source already so it recommended Condition Zero, Insurgency, Tactical Intervention, Quake Live, etc...

I was also recommended Rust, Warframe, Planetside 2, Life is Feudal, Sniper Elite 3, etc.

These seem pretty accurate, though nothing ground breaking. I've heard of almost all of these already. Having them recommended by Steam did get me to do some very simple research, looking into the monetization for the FtP games etc.

If it actually works; holy shit yes. Praise Gaben.
If it doesn't. Well, hopefully there's a way to disable recommendations etc. and just keep the normal main page.

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

Good. Could have been better but I'm not going to complain. 2 UI updates in the same year, Valve has outdone their usual performance. (Their usual being doing fuck all)

I especially like that they have listened to some of the suggestions of Total Biscuit. I just hope this doesn't break compatibility with the Steam Enhancer.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Few suggestions:

- Allow us to EXCLUDE games we already bought (and or have on our wishlist) from suggestions (curration as an example)

- Allow us to (on the wishlist)

--Sort By:

--- Genre

--- Devloper

--- Rating (thumbs up/down, Metacritic, etc)