GTX 980 TRI-SLI Benchmarks from Digital Storm

I'm pretty sure when drivers mature,these numbers will go way up to the roof as every new launch.

Wow. That's not bad for the price. Is 4k starting to come around?

Meh.It will start to come around as soon as 1 GPU can reach 60 FPS.We don't have that yet.

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

wish you had numbers for 780 ti 3 way as well.. 

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Where is the triple 780ti benchmark?

hm....

thats odd

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Dont know if i should even bother ask,why on earth they released the so called maxwell ? its the same old Kepler now revision 3,there was the original the 700-series revision  and now again.

These will be the most dissapointing gpu's ever.A total waste of time,even from 600 to 700 we've seen a quite high increase in performance.

Until that 14/16nm is ready were stuck with the old stuff,pretty much.

It cant even 4K, waste of time i dont know why kiddos are so excited about maxwell(kepler 3.0).

I'm pretty sure when drivers mature,these numbers will go way up to the roof as every new launch.

Meh.It will start to come around as soon as 1 GPU can reach 60 FPS.We don't have that yet.

That's what I was thinking. 4k content is slowly being released anyways. It will be some time before it's the norm. But damn look at those benches. I should post my specs on my 9 year old pc haha yall will cringe.

Alright so we don't have any more 780 Ti in stock so I can't get 3-way numbers on those with the latest drivers. Will do 970 SLI and all that stuff today.

Research and Development at Digital Storm

Personal Website: www.DigitalNav.net

I'll get on it monday... if all our stock isnt out.

why is the video private.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

why is the video private.

Unlisted* Didn't want to post it with the flood of other content. Will make public in about an hour.

Alright so we don't have any more 780 Ti in stock so I can't get 3-way numbers on those with the latest drivers. Will do 970 SLI and all that stuff today.

You should try and get another soon so you can do 3-way, it doesn't make sense to compare 980 vs 780 ti in 2 way+ single than not have one for 3 way, know what I mean?

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

You should try and get another soon so you can do 3-way, it doesn't make sense to compare 980 vs 780 ti in 2 way+ single than not have one for 3 way, know what I mean?

Not going to purchase a card that is discontinued just for benchmark purposes. 

It's getting kinda confusing with all the reviewers of the GTX 980 getting completely different results when benchmarking this card on the same games... some show barely an increase in games compared to the 780 ti, others show an exponential increase.

And I find the review in this video rather unfair, the only tri setup done is the 980 but all the others are single and double cards, so ofcourse that tri 980 is going to rock everything else, or am I missing the point of only the 980 as a tri setup?

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

Unlisted* Didn't want to post it with the flood of other content. Will make public in about an hour.

OK thanks and keep the great work I'm subscribed for a while now and you are awesome.

here you go a vanquish 2

Digital_Storm15986-623-80.jpg

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I am so confused. Wasn't the 980 not supposed to beat the 780ti? So what's with the mixed benchmarks?

Gamma v2.2 | i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz| Dark Rock TF | ASRock Z170 OC Formula | G-SKILL TridentZ Royal 2x16Gb 3200mhz | MSI GTX 1070 Ti Titanium | Sandisk 120Gb SSD | WD Black 1Tb HDD | Corsair RMx 850w | Corsair Spec Alpha | MSI Optix G27C2/2x19" monitors/34" Insignia tv

Spoiler

Secondary rig status: Blendin Blandin | Xeon E5 2670 E3 ES | Noctua L12s | ASRock X99 OC Formula | 48Gb Ram Smoothie | EVGA 980ti Superclocked+ | ADATA SU800 | SFFTime P-Atx | 

Eric S. Raymond used an E6600 from 2005 until 12/30/14 or open source software creation. Raw data computations in excess of 18GB each. Core 2 Duos still have tons of life left, my friend.

Sorry guys, won't be able to get 970 and other benchmarks done today. Got caught up in tons of other work that had higher priorities. Will have to wait till Monday. Plus, by then all of the content flood should wind down.

I am so confused. Wasn't the 980 not supposed to beat the 780ti? So what's with the mixed benchmarks?

Most likely will pull away as drivers start to come out.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

Eh, There isn't much on the PC gaming side that brings OMG I NEED that interest to drool over such a set up. Not currently, anyway. Yep, still more excited over upcoming Nintendo titles than the crap that makes it through Steam Green light. Shoot, another simulator or retro pandering indie game doesn't warrant to care about high end GPUs *for me*. This is just my own personal opinion, don't take it so personally like some crazed fanboy. This set up is cool, but I can't get passionate about it, at least for gaming.

As someone who just entered the enthusiast market with only a 260x to squat on until I build, I must add my two cents and say that these cards are fucking amazing releases. I was so anxious about buying a 780ti if it was going to get trumped by the next gen, and I was pretty sure I read that the next gen didn't launch for a few more months. Now I'm hyped as balls, my new x99 theorybuild/inprogress is oozing sex right now. Idk how anyone can say these aren't amazing. Their overclock head basically implies an average 15-20+% performance boost over almost equally priced 290x's, and even outperforming the more expensive 780ti pretty solidly. The power consumption is down, the temps are completely normal or even quantifiable as good, the new DX11.3 features, Display Port 1.3, and everything is prerelease drivers right now. It only gets better, and it's already substantially better for equal or lower pricing! MY WALLET IS CRYING. The only question is how long to wait for thirdparties to throw out some enthusiast stuff. Is a STRIK or ACX2 going to be better, is ROG going to have a super high end like the Matrix again, or maybe there might be waterblocks in the non too distant future? If swiftech adapts the komodo for the 980 i'll probably die.

I want to add that I think 4k is kind of silly, I understand pixel density arguments, but I'm on Linus' train and hype the 21:9 3440x1440 monitors. Curved display, seems pretty nice. One of these cards will drive it gloriously. Another one for future proofing, and auxillary monitors. I must become a frequent member of this forum and show off my e-peen as I get closer to completing @_@

Considering it runs about 100W less and costs about $200 less, it's safe to say it shouldn't necessarily BEAT the 780 Ti but it should trade blows with it. 

Lol R.I.P Titan Z  (2014-2014)

that thing was DOA...

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

I guess the real question here is... will it play Watch Dogs at 1080p60fps? /s

AMD FX-6300 @ 4.5ghz (1.332v) | Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Asus M5A97 R2.0 | Kingston HyperX 16GB @ 1600mhz | MSI Radeon R9 290 Twin Frozr

OCZ ModXStream Pro 600w PSU | 256GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 | Zalman Z11 Plus