Apple Users Frustrated with Apple iOS8 Update + (New Update)

Well took me around 20 minutes to download but like 1 hour to "prepare" to update.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

My opinion? Instead of people making such a big deal about it, just use iTunes to update... Unless you don't have a PC. Then you're stuck.

the size of the OS is also bigger, is it not? (post-install)

Praise Duarte!

the size of the OS is also bigger, is it not? (post-install)

Of course, but that is true with a lot of different major OS updates out there. Windows Vista was larger than XP.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I'm sick of people freaking out every time Apple does something bad (even if they couldn't find a way around it) and then jumping to "Android is better!" if we freaked out every time Android phones did something bad we would be here for a loong time.  Not saying Android is bad, not at all, but the fact is, I'd like to see LG launch two phones with 4+ million pre-orders, live stream it on their website, sell it in very nice stores and launch their own updates which is downloaded by millions.  We could lean back and eat some serious popcorn watching that go down.

Give Apple a bit of a break.

PS:  I'm not an Apple fanboy, I hate a lot of what Apple does.

Have youi read any newspaper, turned on any tv channel or been on most forums? Its a apple constant love fest. Constantly! And then there's a few unfair criticisms of apple and everybody acts apple is some bullied insecure child who needs protecting.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

I'm sick of people freaking out every time Apple does something bad (even if they couldn't find a way around it) and then jumping to "Android is better!" if we freaked out every time Android phones did something bad we would be here for a loong time. Not saying Android is bad, not at all, but the fact is, I'd like to see LG launch two phones with 4+ million pre-orders, live stream it on their website, sell it in very nice stores and launch their own updates which is downloaded by millions. We could lean back and eat some serious popcorn watching that go down.

Give Apple a bit of a break.

PS: I'm not an Apple fanboy, I hate a lot of what Apple does.

How about we just give all companies a hard time? You know, keep them on their toes.

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

tbh i didnt even bother updating my phone to the new os

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Have youi read any newspaper, turned on any tv channel or been on most forums? Its a apple constant love fest. Constantly! And then there's a few unfair criticisms of apple and everybody acts apple is some bullied insecure child who needs protecting.

Well, most forums like this are always bashing Apple, so I was saying to the entire thread of Apple bashing give them a break.

How about we just give all companies a hard time? You know, keep them on their toes.

I think we need to come down hard on companies. But in reasonable ways, and this thread wasn't being reasonable.

hey guys just sayin' apple is still signing iOS 7.1.2. you can downgrade as long as you have anything except an iPhone 6/6+

just go to and download you're firmware and hit shift+restore in windows and option+restore on OS X

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1