PETA's VR Campaign

ImBleu

Original Source: PETA.org Blogpost - Here

PETA has been visiting colleges around the United States to give students the option to 'live life as a chicken' and experience what chicken's go through in today's meat industry and then hands them a free Vegan Stater Kit, no joke.

PETA is rolling out a new high-tech and innovative project that’ll allow people to experience firsthand what it’s like to be a chicken.

I, Chicken couples the most cutting-edge virtual reality (VR) hardware available—including wireless VR goggles, motion-capture cameras, and a powerful computer—with guidance from leading VR psychologists in order to immerse participants in a world where they can flap their wings, communicate with other chickens, take dust baths, and engage in other natural chicken behaviour.

Over the next year, PETA’s youth division, peta2, will take the cutting-edge, three-minute I, Chicken experience to more than a hundred college campuses, where thousands of young people will discover firsthand what it’s like to be a chicken—seeing their reflection, socializing with other chickens, and enjoying a dust bath.

So what are your opinions? Personally, I like that PETA is showing the world a new use of VR and I hope that more companies will see the need and the use that VR has and that its more than just for games. 

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

vegetarians annoy me, I don't even know what vegan means because I feel that if I were to find out it'd cause anguish.

I myself am a Vegetarian, however Im not a Vegenazi (try decipher that meaning); so whether you eat meat, vegetables or little children it's fine by me just don't force me to eat meat. Vegans are the most extreme form of vegetarianism where they don't eat eggs or milk and eat only things like Soyamilk and vegan bread etc. 

I myself am a Vegetarian, however Im not a Vegenazi (try decipher that meaning); so whether you eat meat, vegetables or little children it's fine by me just don't force me to eat meat. Vegans are the most extreme form of vegetarianism where they don't eat eggs or milk and eat only things like Soyamilk and vegan bread etc. 

vegetarians support the eating of children I knew you fucks were evil

Content is content and I'm happy to see more content...

What's next for stuff like this??

1307996.jpg

That way you will have caused more harm by not eating meat, than if you had just STFU and eating meat like a normal human being.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Something told me that this topic which should've been about the Use of VR out of gaming would spiral into a Vegetarian vs Not Vegetarian thing.

PETA's stupid. They have no idea what they're talking about most of the time.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

vegetarians annoy me, I don't even know what vegan means because I feel that if I were to find out it'd cause anguish.

put this in your sim

miley-twerk-chicken.gif

I think I just barfed a little......

Vegetarian and vegans don't reach out to me because I know my facts, I know that actually the only reason I'm eating meat is because of cultural tradition (which I don't care about) and mainly: flavour. And I'm ok with it, I grew up partly in the countryside and I know the in and outs about livestock and dairies, and I'm very insensitive, I know what is to stab a sheep you used to know, hang it into a metal hook, pierce it, crack it up, skin it, let it bleed out and retrieve its guts. I don't have any feels or emotions towards it, I just do it.

My in-laws own a feedlot... No way, shape, or form similar to the feedlot you'll see PETA showing you. I swear PETA operates feedlots where they abuse the living crap out of animals just to get videos and pictures to show how poorly animals are treated.

Its not like the animals are treated extremely nice and pampered by any means... If PETA got their way, could you imagine how freaking expensive meat would be? Everyone would have to be vegetarian because they simply couldn't afford meat.

PETA people had a stand up at the state fair a few years ago, and police kicked them out of the fair for verbally abusing the 4H kids. They were yelling at 12-18 year old kids FFS... They're all psychotic.

34587.jpg

Because PETA totally knows what chickens are going through.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

Chickens are too delicious not to eat. PETA should put 100% of their time and money into helping the development of 3D printed meat.

Cool concept. I must say this is very clever, and I would like to try it out. That being said, there are way too many falsehoods that PETA is trying to enforce here. PETA doesn't rely on scientific data most of the time, and instead relies on emotion. Not a group I particularly trust on at a place of higher learning. If someone actually fell for that there than they should drop out of college and start flipping- well... veggie burgers. None the less, still a brilliant idea and I hope they invest money into making VR better!

Somebody should shove a chicken up every PETA employee's asshole who decided to make this up

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

peta still exists? As long as there are stupid Americans to donate money to bullshit...

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

I don't even know what vegan means

Vegans don't eat meat, they don't eat anything that comes from animals, nor do they wear clothing made from animals or use products made from animals.

They are essentially arch-vegetarians.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Vegans don't eat meat, they don't eat anything that comes from animals, nor do they wear clothing made from animals or use products made from animals.

They are essentially arch-vegetarians.

Sounds like an RPG character class...