Pro gamer killed selling his PS4 on Craigslist.

Rafy

Very tragic incident.  Both buyer's and seller's should always be cautious of showing merchandise or cash.  You could get jacked for your cash as well.  

The printer costs 500k dollars. A bit beyond the reach of most people.

For now it is yes, but in 10 years? 15? 20? Eventually you'll be able to print off everything you need for next to nothing, and gun laws will be obsolete because they will be impossible to enforce. You can already print off almost everything to build an AR-15, except the upper receiver, barrel, gas system, and small metal parts like springs and what not, on an average plastic 3d printer. Not to mention that 1 shot pistol that can be printed out of plastic, and only needs a nail and a spring to function.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

*eating an Apple before sociology class* really?! One of the craziest things I've read in awhile. I would apply some sociology into this but I don't know the couple situation (how they live day to day and personal information or past).

For now it is yes, but in 10 years? 15? 20?

I predict that in 20 years it will still be cheaper to produce a gun the more traditional way. There's even tutorials for it online! And it doesn't cost even near half a million dollars to make a few even.

Despite that, making your own guns is still not popular.

*some* Americans are fucking stupid and insane assholes. a 16y/o with a kid shooting a dude because of a ps4? I mean, are you kidding me?

condolences to his family and teammates/friends.

-You guys don't seem to get it, so i edited...-

It's not just Americans dude, every country has stupid people, including yours.

Main Rig: Cpu: Intel Core i7 4790k CPU Cooler: NH_d15 GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD7970 Windforce III MOBO: Msi Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: HyperX Fury 1600 8gb white SSD: Samsung 840 evo 250gb PSU: Corsair CX750M Case: NZXT H630 white

PC peripherals: Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster T27B550 Keyboard: Logitech G105 Mouse: Logitech G700s Headphones: Logitech G430 

You have no idea how nice it is to see that coming from someone who isn't in America.

I predict that in 20 years it will still be cheaper to produce a gun the more traditional way. There's even tutorials for it online! And it doesn't cost even near half a million dollars to make a few even.

Despite that, making your own guns is still not popular.

More so than you think, people don't generally talk about it because in most places its illegal. In the US you can legally manufacture (for your own use, not for sale) any gun you can legally own.

i know that ^^ But in some countries there are more than in others.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

my condolences goes out to his family and friends and teammates. Whenever doing a craigslist transaction, the meeting place should always be in public with alot of people like a mall or somewhere with cops nearby, instead of parking lots or private homes. Also it doesn't hurt to have someone with you as well

CPU amd phenom ii x4 965 @ 3.4Ghz | Motherboard msi 970a-g46 | RAM 2x 4GB Team Elite | GPU XFX Radeon HD 7870 DD | Case NZXT Gamma Classic | HDD 750 GB Hitachi | PSU ocz modxstream pro 600w

Anyone in the UK would likely call the police and end up dead by the time the police got there, along with their loved ones.

Aye, and i find this disheartening as an Englishman.

Okay you can boil this down, would I rather go "gun vs gun" (because if I have one, then they do too) or "non-firearm vs non-firearm".

By a long shot I would rather that neither of us have guns. I can achieve the same amount except there is more room for error if we don't have guns. On the law of averages, I believe probability gives me a better chance without guns.  

You still didn't pay attention. Firstly, in that scenario you would not know how many people broke into the house. Secondly, you would not know how strong they are, or their skills in melee combat. And finally, you do not know if they are armed, be it a knife or a gun.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

"Hmmm that person died because of a gun. If he had a more powerful one, he would have lived"

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Okay you can boil this down, would I rather go "gun vs gun" (because if I have one, then they do too) or "non-firearm vs non-firearm".

By a long shot I would rather that neither of us have guns. I can achieve the same amount except there is more room for error if we don't have guns. On the law of averages, I believe probability gives me a better chance without guns.  

Except you can never be 100% certain that neither will have firearm.

But you can be 100% certain that either you have firearm, or don't.

The printer costs 500k dollars. A bit beyond the reach of most people.

You can buy gun receivers flats...etc and finish building the gun for very low cost compared to 3d printer.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Aye, and i find this disheartening as an Englishman.

You still didn't pay attention. Firstly, in that scenario you would not know how many people broke into the house. Secondly, you would not know how strong they are, or their skills in melee combat. And finally, you do not know if they are armed, be it a knife or a gun.

That seems to be the issue with the pro anti guns movement, they think they're guaranteed that the criminal won't have a gun.

Let the fuckers rot.

" If you don't hand your homework In, I might have find where you live and break your House." <<-- Mr Leat, 2013

Wherever you are; I don't want to be there.

Apparently illegal guns don't exist anywhere around the world.

Because people don't just make them at home or anything.

Europe mate and I am bloody delighted to live here.

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

Europe mate and I am bloody delighted to live here.

Yes because Europe is nothing but sunshine and gumdrops, there aren't ANY types of gun violence going on /sarc

That's how it works over here.

A gun sure is a game changer. (Just like nukes are the game changer for superpowers. At least superpowers had the sense not to use them... so far)

Background checks have done wonders for illegal gun trade alright. I've heard illegal guns are almost non-existent in the US.

The US did use atom bombs on Japan though, which personally i think was wrong.

And you still failed to comprehend the fact that if someone wants a gun, they will get one regardless of it being legal means or not. The legal method is more costly, and takes longer than getting one illegally. And people wanting to commit a crime would rather go for an illegal firearm for the cost alone, plus the fact that any serial number would be filed off, making it much harder to trace it's origin.

That seems to be the issue with the pro anti guns movement, they think they're guaranteed that the criminal won't have a gun.

I recall reading a story somewhere, where a guy legally owned a rifle (this is in the US), and a pistol. A local soccer mom called the cops on him when he was transporting them from his house to his truck, whilst they were in their carry cases. She told them he had been carrying them outside their case, and he was about to shoot someone. They came and forcibly took his guns off him as a result, despite the fact he owned them legally. And funnily enough, a week later a machete wielding man broke into the soccer mom's apartment with a machete. The guy who had his guns took away saw him enter the building, and called the cops. By the time they arrived she had been raped twice by the man, and he got away. He said if he still had his guns, he would have tried to stop him, but they were taken off him. He got them back like a month later, just the cops were taking forever processing all the red tape until they had to give them back.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

I played a few games with Danny back when I used to participate in GCON and Gears 2.

Really hit home when I found out he was murdered.

Didn't think this would become a news thread but happy to see people putting out the gofundme link. I supported it and I'm sure the family would appreciate anyone who takes the time to help out with funeral costs.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

The US did use atom bombs on Japan though, which personally i think was wrong.

And you still failed to comprehend the fact that if someone wants a gun, they will get one regardless of it being legal means or not. The legal method is more costly, and takes longer than getting one illegally. And people wanting to commit a crime would rather go for an illegal firearm for the cost alone, plus the fact that any serial number would be filed off, making it much harder to trace it's origin.

I recall reading a story somewhere, where a guy legally owned a rifle (this is in the US), and a pistol. A local soccer mom called the cops on him when he was transporting them from his house to his truck, whilst they were in their carry cases. They came and forcibly took his guns off him as a result, despite the fact he owned them. And funnily enough, a week later a machete wielding man broke into the soccer mom's apartment with a machete. The guy who had his guns took away saw him enter the building, and called the cops. By the time they arrived she had been raped twice by the man, and he got away. He said if he still had his guns, he would have tried to stop him, but they were taken off him. He got them back like a month later, just the cops were taking forever processing all the red tape until they had no probable reason to not give them back.

That doesn't make any sense because if they were in cases they had no legal right or reason to take the guns? I hope that's just an urban legend or something because it's horrible.

I played a few games with Danny back when I used to participate in GCON and Gears 2.

Really hit home when I found out he was murdered.

Srry for your loss. This is a tragedy.

That doesn't make any sense because if they were in cases they had no legal right or reason to take the guns? I hope that's just an urban legend or something because it's horrible.

Srry for your loss. This is a tragedy.

I only played a few games I could count them on one hand it was more just knowing someone from our community was killed in such a way. I'd laughed alongside him gotten and to hear of his passing was something else.

And guys can you please not turn this into an America vs Europe thread please.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Soccer mom was freaking out, they probably just took them to shut her up.

I only played a few games I could count them on one hand it was more just knowing someone from our community was killed in such a way. I'd laughed alongside him gotten and to hear of his passing was something else.

America Vs Europe, UK & Ireland :P

I personally hate when people refer to the UK or Ireland as Europe.

WAY late for that. About the second or third post was basically "all Americans are crazy gun nutz!!!!!!" *shrugs*

Soccer mom was freaking out, they probably just took them to shut her up.

Typical. I wouldn't have let them take them because they had no legal right to. He could have called the cops on those cops lol.

Yes because Europe is nothing but sunshine and gumdrops, there aren't ANY types of gun violence going on /sarc

Only organized crime related crime would mention firearms where I am. I have never had or known anyone that has had an experience with gun crime (not even heard shots). I am in my mid 20's and I know my fair share of people who work in illegal trades (lets just put it that way).

I am out because this is the never ending debate.

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

You can't really tell everyone to stop arguing, then take side and present your argument.

If you want to tell people to stop arguing then go ahead and do so. Don't throw in your own argument as to why side X is right and then go "nobody is allowed to argue anymore! I got the last word!".

I should have worded my post better, but you're right.

I meant to imply that there shouldn't be an argument because the fact is, people who may need protection will be SOL since it takes police <time> to respond.

I should have worded my post better, but you're right.

I meant to imply that there shouldn't be an argument because the fact is, people who may need protection will be SOL since it takes police <time> to respond.

Absolute, undeniable, FACT^ Those who are not there, cannot protect you.

They can only notify your loved ones, and/or collect the bodies of you and your loved ones. PERIOD

Who the fuck still uses craigslist 

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8