GTA 5 PC & Next gen release date revealed!

Wow, the shit box players get it before we do, who could have predicted that.

Fucking sony and microshit.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

yep, not going to give money to a company that deliberately delays a game in order to milk the most amount of purchases from people who will buy it on all their systems

No offense but I think those kind of people have just money to throw away... Because there is always one safe option: wait untill the game is released on your favourite platform! I've never owned a console (except for the PSX) and I'm surely not buying one just for a game that I know is coming to PC sometime in the future. So I say that if these people that just can't wait to buy a game even if it's not on their preferred platform do exist, the game developer should take advantage of them...

COMING TO PS4 AND XBOX ONE

also coming to pc

Really now, they first teased us with the pc release in that trailer 1 month ago saying it would come out this fall, now they release another trailer and  say it's coming on pc on January 27th, that is more than a year later! Also, I hope this won't be a shitty port like 4 and it WON'T BE FULL PRICE, After almost finishing it on my friend's ps3 and waiting more than a year and also spending $1000 on building a gaming pc JUST FOR THIS GAME and then seeing that it didn't come out on pc too, I probably won't be paying full price on a game that got a shit ton of hype that it didn't deserve.(this is coming out 1 day before my birthday so chances are I'm getting this on my birthday for PC)

#PCMASTERRACE#FUCKYOUROCKSTAR#IRANOUTOFHASHTAGSHERESACOOKIE

It's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!

Wow. Seriously people? You are bitching about a three month delay? For fuck's sake get over yourselves. I hate the word entitled but Christ this thread is a shining example of it. Would you rather they rush the port and make it as crap as GTAIV's PC version? The delay at least means there is a chance they're taking their time to make it not terrible. Considering how much people bitch about crappy console ports you'd think you would want companies to take their time.

I'd prefer companies to stop pretending like console's are a worthy pursuit. I'd prefer they put the same effort into make a PC game that they apparently put into consoles.

I'd prefer to not have everything nerfed and delayed for me simply because I see through sony and microshit's bullshit marketing, and play on decent hardware.

1 year, 4 months, and 10 days. Is this a record for time span between original and PC release?

Nope. Halo 2 released 2 and a half years after the Xbox version.

I'd prefer companies to stop pretending like console's are a worthy pursuit. I'd prefer they put the same effort into make a PC game that they apparently put into consoles.

I'd prefer to not have everything nerfed and delayed for me simply because I see through sony and microshit's bullshit marketing, and play on decent hardware.

We get it you have an irrational hatred for consoles, your shtick is getting old and I have no interest in discussing it with someone utterly blind to any logical discussion. I have no time or patience for fanboys.

We get it you have an irrational hatred for consoles, your shtick is getting old and I have no interest in discussing it with someone utterly blind to any logical discussion. I have no time or patience for fanboys.

So I'm irrational for wanting the same treatment that console gamers get? If you can't see that consoles get things before PC on purpose, to discourage people from dropping consoles for PC, you're blind.

So pc version over a year later and they will want 60euro as it were a new game hahaha, their pc hate will translate into more piracy instead.

At this point, they  don't even care about piracy, they made a shit ton of money from the preorders and DLC's that are released out of the blue to make you buy shark cards

It's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!

So I'm irrational for wanting the same treatment that console gamers get? If you can't see that consoles get things before PC on purpose, to discourage people from dropping consoles for PC, you're blind.

That isn't irrational your reaction to consoles in almost every single thread dealing with them that I see you post in (along with other ones that have nothing to do with consoles) and your attitude towards people who play on them is. Yes it sucks that PC gamers get shafted at times, it sucks that consoles are the primary focus of the core game industry. However the attitude of the PC gaming community as exemplified in this thread is complete shit. Even beyond this thread the barest most unrealistic rumor of something mildly inconvenient happening to the PC sends people into a rage. It's kind of pathetic. I've been following the industry since I a teenager (I'm 30 now) and been around on various gaming communities almost as long. The level of anger, stupidity, and general crap has gotten worse over the years. People need to seriously grow up and take a second to open their eyes and look at things from every angle. Blind anger does no one any good, nor does attacking people for where they want to play their games.

still buying it for full price because I already know how great the game is and how good the game will be again on PC.

But I guess I'm the only one.

still buying it for full price because I already know how great the game is and how good the game will be again on PC.

But I guess I'm the only one.

I don't know what I'll do yet. Probably won't pre-order it (unless a really good deal pops up) I will most likely end up waiting to see how it turns out and deciding from there. I've played a little of the PS3 version when it came out so at least I know that I like the game itself, just a question of waiting to see how the port turns out.

yay, I can actually finish the campaign now!

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

That isn't irrational your reaction to consoles in almost every single thread dealing with them that I see you post in (along with other ones that have nothing to do with consoles) and your attitude towards people who play on them is. Yes it sucks that PC gamers get shafted at times, it sucks that consoles are the primary focus of the core game industry. However the attitude of the PC gaming community as exemplified in this thread is complete shit. Even beyond this thread the barest most unrealistic rumor of something mildly inconvenient happening to the PC sends people into a rage. It's kind of pathetic. I've been following the industry since I a teenager (I'm 30 now) and been around on various gaming communities almost as long. The level of anger, stupidity, and general crap has gotten worse over the years. People need to seriously grow up and take a second to open their eyes and look at things from every angle. Blind anger does no one any good, nor does attacking people for where they want to play their games.

Excuse me for not being ok with 2 large companies lying to people about their products, excuse me for not being ok with those companies doing everything they can to handicap what should be the end of their products (pc's. Not that hard to build a PC for the same price as a console that gets better performance).

It's not about choice, it's about deceit. The lies that are constantly told to the console gaming community "resolution is just a number" "best gaming experience possible" "30hz is an artistic choice, it provides a more cinematic experience" etc. And the fact that they handicap PC in any way they can. Decent PC's have never been more affordable than they are today, especially when you compare not only the performance, but the capability. PC can do literally millions of things that consoles cannot.

Consoles have no purpose, other than to bilk suckers for money. Their only legitimate defense is "I prefer a controller". Which can be used on PC anyways.

Better late than never.

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFCOURSE THE PC VERSION GETS DELAYED. You know what, I'm not gonna purchase shit all from them I've had enough, they can stick it up their ass.

nah rockstar can choke on my D.

Not only delaying it so people buy it on 360/ps3 and then delaying it even more for people to buy on xbone and ps4 and then on pc

10/10 will pirate

I won't even flatter them by pirating it.

Very educated guess says Rockstar were paid to do the staggered launch to become a preventative aid for M$ and $ony to quell the selling of second-hand 360s and PS3s at Xbone and PS4 launch. And now they're pushing PC into 2015 to stimulate sales of the new toys.

Honestly, not only am I disinterested in the game, but I hope they catch fire.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I'm going to get this simply because the upgrade from sub 720p@30fps to 4k at 60fps will be more than enough of a reason. You think about how many PS4 titles are simply 1080p versions of ps3 games. At least they have added things to this release and promised thing other than improved graphics, such as improved AI, new radio stations, weapons etc. TBH, since buying my 4k monitor and getting used to gaming on it, i cant play GTA on PS3 anymore. Its a jaggy, jittery mess. But its amazing what rose tinted glasses can do at launch of a highly anticipated game. Still greatly enjoyed t at the time, but i want better now.

Spoiler
  • Primary PC (Photo editing and gaming on a 4k Monitor): Intel I7 4790k @4.5ghz @1.2v | 24GB  Corsair Vengeance Ram @1600Mhz | 1x Palit GTX 1080 JetStream| 480GB Crucial SSD | 2x WD Blue 500gb | Corsair RM1000 | Corsair 600t
  • Secondary PC (Gaming and watching films on a 42" 4K LG IPS TV @4k60): Inteli7 4790k | Corsair H60 | Asus H81l-plus ITX | 16GB Kingston Hyperx Beast 1600MHz | 1x GTX 980 G1 Windforce| 1x Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO SSD |Corsair CXM750W | Coolermaster Elite 130

Excuse me for not being ok with 2 large companies lying to people about their products, excuse me for not being ok with those companies doing everything they can to handicap what should be the end of their products (pc's. Not that hard to build a PC for the same price as a console that gets better performance).

It's not about choice, it's about deceit. The lies that are constantly told to the console gaming community "resolution is just a number" "best gaming experience possible" "30hz is an artistic choice, it provides a more cinematic experience" etc. And the fact that they handicap PC in any way they can. Decent PC's have never been more affordable than they are today, especially when you compare not only the performance, but the capability. PC can do literally millions of things that consoles cannot.

Consoles have no purpose, other than to bilk suckers for money. Their only legitimate defense is "I prefer a controller". Which can be used on PC anyways.

While a PC does provide a better technical experience, not everyone gives a flying crap about how great the experience is on a technical level. I love PC gaming and I admit I am a shameless graphics whore, but I don't "hate" consoles because why would I? If a mom wants to set her son or daughter up with a gaming system, do you really think it's even remotely practical for her to build a PC or go and buy a prebuilt gaming system from a system builder like NCIX? No, she will just go to a retail store and buy a single unit, like a Xbox One or PS4 and it will be easy to set up and play. There is nothing wrong with that.

And I can tell you first hand when I was a little young fella, I didn't give a flying crap that Donkey Kong 64 on the N64 looked like cow dung, it was a fun game to play and that's why I liked it, it was fun.

But I don't expect you to actually understand what I'm trying to explain to you. People like you are just stuck in delusions that everything is about what you like and everyone should only like what you like.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

While a PC does provide a better technical experience, not everyone gives a flying crap about how great the experience is on a technical level. I love PC gaming and I admit I am a shameless graphics whore, but I don't "hate" consoles because why would I? If a mom wants to set her son or daughter up with a gaming system, do you really think it's even remotely practical for her to build a PC or go and buy a prebuilt gaming system from a system builder like NCIX? No, she will just go to a retail store and buy a single unit, like a Xbox One or PS4 and it will be easy to set up and play. There is nothing wrong with that.

And I can tell you first hand when I was a little young fella, I didn't give a flying crap that Donkey Kong 64 on the N64 looked like cow dung, it was a fun game to play and that's why I liked it, it was fun.

But I don't expect you to actually understand what I'm trying to explain to you. People like you are just stuck in delusions that everything is about what you like and everyone should only like what you like.

It would actually be more practical to build the child a PC since on average computer games are cheaper, and become cheaper, faster (so it's more economical). Not to mention that the computer could also be loaded with teaching programs to teach the child. Oh and lets not forget that you don't have to buy a completely new PC every 4-6 years.

Once again, consoles serve no purpose. They can't even outdo an Iphone.

No offense but I think those kind of people have just money to throw away... Because there is always one safe option: wait untill the game is released on your favourite platform! I've never owned a console (except for the PSX) and I'm surely not buying one just for a game that I know is coming to PC sometime in the future. So I say that if these people that just can't wait to buy a game even if it's not on their preferred platform do exist, the game developer should take advantage of them...

Yes and theres a lot of people who are going to re-buy it on next gen consoles and then on pc, they have money to throw away and rockstar wants to get as much as they can.

I have no problem buying a game that i really want on day one, but im not going to support bs like this

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

It would actually be more practical to build the child a PC since on average computer games are cheaper, and become cheaper, faster (so it's more economical). Not to mention that the computer could also be loaded with teaching programs to teach the child. Oh and lets not forget that you don't have to buy a completely new PC every 4-6 years.

Once again, consoles serve no purpose. They can't even outdo an Iphone.

Nice to see my point fly right over your head. Yeah, because every mom knows how to build or even shop for a gaming PC, right? You still can't comprehend that not everyone is like you. Not everyone cares about computers enough on a technical level to be able to build one. That's like expecting everyone to be a carpenter or mechanic because building your own house and car has a ton of advantages over buying a pre-built house or pre-built car. Not everyone is tech savvy, nor should everyone be. Just like not everyone should know how to build their house and car. Some people just want to be able to go into a store or dealership and come out with something already made, because it's simple, easy, and convenient.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

Nice to see my point fly right over your head. Yeah, because every mom knows how to build or even shop for a gaming PC, right? You still can't comprehend that not everyone is like you. Not everyone cares about computers enough on a technical level to be able to build one. That's like expecting everyone to be a carpenter or mechanic because building your own house and car has a ton of advantages over buying a pre-built house or pre-built car. Not everyone is tech savvy, nor should everyone be. Just like not everyone should know how to build their house and car. Some people just want to be able to go into a store or dealership and come out with something already made, because it's simple, easy, and convenient.

A poorly informed consumer is a poorly informed consumer regardless of what they buy dude. If you want to save money, you inform yourself.

Now if only they released Red Dead Redemption on PC...

^^^ Wish that too. Played some at a friends and want to play through the whole game. Oh well...

Can't wait for GTA V to be released though. Been wanting to play it for so long!

Everyone complains when they pull off a Watch Dogs and release a downgraded PC version for console to keep up, then everyone complains when another company takes their time making a better pc version.

Make up your mind, I'd pick the latter.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

January!?! I cant wait that long

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |