14 year old boy dies at Asus partner plant

Old_Guy

Sad.

Live life as you want to

He lied about his age...so who's fault is this again?

Just so you know, in Asain countries children are occassionally sent to work illegally. (In case you've never heard of a 'sweat shop') So it is possible that, for whatever reason (likely due to being born into a poor family) that he was sent to work young. It may not be his fault. As well, the factory should have been safe enough to keep people from dying in it. This isn't exactley an everyday thing in China. Even with their lower standards of living.

Sarah Jessica Parker

Just so you know, in Asain countries children are occassionally sent to work illegally. (In case you've never heard of a 'sweat shop') So it is possible that, for whatever reason (likely due to being born into a poor family) that he was sent to work young. It may not be his fault. As well, the factory should have been safe enough to keep people from dying in it. This isn't exactley an everyday thing in China. Even with their lower standards of living.

But then, like you said, why is this news exactly? It happens all the time, companies all have the paper work and if the paper work says the worker is 18, then he is 18 in the companies eyes. There are numerous, maybe even thousands of other companies that do this, but what's so special about this? It happens, it was probably an accident. But is it news worthy? Not in my eyes.

If a child dying in somplace he shouldn't be isn't news-worthy than I don't understand why news compnaies even publish over half their stories. I've seen cats in the news. Cats...

Sarah Jessica Parker

If a child dying in somplace he shouldn't be isn't news-worthy than I don't understand why news compnaies even publish over half their stories. I've seen cats in the news. Cats...

Sorry but people die everyday. Oh and I've seen worse news on Fox :P

And every other network.

Im not suprised about this especially contries like asia or japan

contries

asia

there's so much wrong here.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Especially in the Middle East people die a lot for example 9 people die everyday in Syria :( :(

You can't walk out of your own story - Rango

He lied about his age...so who's fault is this again?

The Company lied about his age not him. The company allegedly falsified its records and reported him as one Su Longda, an 18-year-old.

:(

Main Rig: i5 760 @ 4.0GHZ Asus p7p55d-e, 8GB Corsair Vengance @ 1600 Mhz. Samsung BX2231 X 3 (5760x1080)

EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked +150/+500, 128GB Crucial M4, 1TB WD Black

Xonar DX, AudioEngine A2, Astro Mixamp, AudioTechnica ath-m50 & ath-ad700

contries

asia

there's so much wrong here.

Not really sweat shops areeverywhere in asia and countless due to accidents.

You don't get it. Asia is a continent, but you referred to it as a country.

Sarah Jessica Parker

Woops

he referred to it as a contrie, not a country :D

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

gotta love china putting lead in your ramen noodles since they said there are no laws against it

Console gamers, behind PC gamers by ten years since 2000

oh, god, this kid uses fox, everyone bash him

you just don't get the joke

I read the article and it didnt seem to say what caused him to die, other than implying that he was overworked, so I dont really see this being asus's or the factory's fault aside from demanding harsh deadlines.

Also, it seems that the factories are safe enough to work in if what killed him was himself by being overworked.

Its not like the uniform he is supposed to wear got caught in one of the machines which pulled him into another machine which killed him, or toxic fumes are being leaked out from the manufacturing process which was the cause of death.

and by him killing himself by being overworked, I mean it was caused by his own body, and not any physical external factors

This is not yahoo dude.

Corsair 650d, Core i5 3570k, H100, Galaxy gtx670, Asus z77 vDeluxe Mobo, 16g kingston hyper x memory.

I read the article and it didnt seem to say what caused him to die, other than implying that he was overworked, so I dont really see this being asus's or the factory's fault aside from demanding harsh deadlines.

Also, it seems that the factories are safe enough to work in if what killed him was himself by being overworked.

Its not like the uniform he is supposed to wear got caught in one of the machines which pulled him into another machine which killed him, or toxic fumes are being leaked out from the manufacturing process which was the cause of death.

and by him killing himself by being overworked, I mean it was caused by his own body, and not any physical external factors

what forced him to overwork for a misery, his body or the factory he was in?

I'm sorry but I can't understand how can any civilized being argue against what should be the most basic humans rights.

"He reportedly worked at..." "The company apparently..." They don't sound very sure of anything.. Human rights are SO important. But get the facts before reporting maybe-possiblys...