9/11

Cronus97

It's not the act itself but it's what happen due to those events what makes it so big.

Because of the attack wars happened, the US got horrible police state like laws, the security levels all over the world had drastic changes, all the NSA stuff comes out of this event, and moslems all over the world are getting associated with terrorist because of it.

It may not be the biggest crime in the past years but it had the biggest impact on the world of all events in 21 century it literally changed the world.

Not trying to be a conspiracy theorist here, but this might be exactly what they want. Scaring you as an excuse so they can do even more of what they want. Impying the NSA is to find terrorists or whatever (which doesn't make sense at all, not like a terrorist is browsing the internet for some new bombs or something). Some people probably believe this and think it'll help prevent another thing like 9/11. Please don't get mad, I'm not saying it's true. It's just a theory. We all know the government is crazy like that.  

CPU: i7 - 2600kGPU: GTX 1070Mobo: intel somethingRAM: Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz (8GB)SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB. HDD: WD Green 1TB . Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Monitors: LG 25UM65-P and Benq 2200HD Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70 FPS Red switch. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Im sorry but no, so much other shit has happened in other places in the world. Which are a lot more grave than this and no one is having a moment of silence for them.

Just because it happened to the US, doesnt make it more important than other stuff, i dont remember reading or hearing at all for the tsunami in Haiti that killed more than 200,000 the year after

I'm sorry, but attacks are different from natural disasters. Today was a moment that changed a decade.

My rig: Case: Cooler master storm scout

CPU: I5 3570k - Ram:  8Gb Kingston HyperX Blu

GPU: GTX 660 - Sorage: 2-1TB WD black;  120 GB samsung 840

Not trying to be a conspiracy theorist here, but this might be exactly what they want. Scaring you as an excuse so they can do even more of what they want. Impying the NSA is to find terrorists or whatever (which doesn't make sense at all, not like a terrorist is browsing the internet for some new bombs or something). Some people probably believe this and think it'll help prevent another thing like 9/11. Please don't get mad, I'm not saying it's true. It's just a theory. We all know the government is crazy like that.  

Those people hate the western culture and want us dead there is no need for conspiracy especially since they attack every country and most their own.(ISIS is the best example for that.)

It scared the people and the government which causes them to overreact and make extreme high security laws.

This allows the NSA as an example to use the fear as an excuse to spy on everyone without consequences.

RTX2070OC 

*silence*

And what i'm saying is that there's no reason to look back in the past. I guess we're both right about that. What worries me is that SO MANY people literally cry about it and stuff, They don't have to, it happened, We can't change it, So i don't know why it is STILL such a big deal.  

dont understand why cant people react how they want when i was in third grade seeing it on tv i was terrified i dont really look back on it anymore, but remembering the past is good. if you dont think we should dwell on things then dont celebrate holidays, christmas, your birthday, anniversary, etc.... 

its GE (pause) TechNicks

my rig plus everything i have bought for it http://pcpartpicker.com/p/30sNV

why? I don't even keep a minute of silence in 11th March

Thats because nobody cares when it doesn't happen in murica

*silence*

dont understand why cant people react how they want when i was in third grade seeing it on tv i was terrified i dont really look back on it anymore, but remembering the past is good. if you dont think we should dwell on things then dont celebrate holidays, christmas, your birthday, anniversary, etc.... 

The problem is that tons of other far more terrible things have happened since and we don't remember those. And we certaintly don't take a moment of silence. Like another poster already said...what about haitis 200,000 deaths the year after?

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Thats because nobody cares when it doesn't happen in murica

The problem is that tons of other far more terrible things have happened since and we don't remember those. And we certaintly don't take a moment of silence. Like another poster already said...what about haitis 200,000 deaths the year after?

and the one in sri lanka in 2004 

its GE (pause) TechNicks

my rig plus everything i have bought for it http://pcpartpicker.com/p/30sNV

Im sorry but no, so much other shit has happened in other places in the world. Which are a lot more grave than this and no one is having a moment of silence for them.

Just because it happened to the US, doesnt make it more important than other stuff, i dont remember reading or hearing at all for the tsunami in Haiti that killed more than 200,000 the year after

Don't you realise? 3000 Americans are much more important

/s

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

What's the point of even opening this discussion? No matter what you say it'll just make someone mad and create the shitfest we have going on right here.

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

What's the point of even opening this discussion? No matter what you say it'll just make someone mad and create the shitfest we have going on right here.

Because there are daily attempts to prevent shitstorms in threads. Fails every time though because someone has something to complain about.

Stop looking back in the past, live in the now. There's no point in crying for things that happened such a long time ago. It happened. Now move on.

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. 

-George Santayana

16 December 1863

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. 

-George Santayana

16 December 1863

Quoting random people and using it as an argument.

-Tro

11 September 2014

:/ 

CPU: i7 - 2600kGPU: GTX 1070Mobo: intel somethingRAM: Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz (8GB)SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB. HDD: WD Green 1TB . Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Monitors: LG 25UM65-P and Benq 2200HD Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70 FPS Red switch. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Its a reflection of the maturity of this forum. It's almost impossible to maintain a decent discussion about anything without it devolving into a mass of trolls, attempted humor, memes, and general stupidity.

Quoting random people and using it as an argument.

-Tro

11 September 2014

:/ 

So you believe you have nothing to learn from the wisdom of others? 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Who said that? I don't know how you got that in your head :P 

Its a reflection of the maturity of this forum. It's almost impossible to maintain a decent discussion about anything without it devolving into a mass of trolls, attempted humor, memes, and general stupidity.

Eh, welcome to the internet man. If you want a serious discussion, an internet forum full of nerdy teenagers (like myself) is the wrong place to look.

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

Eh, welcome to the internet man. If you want a serious discussion, an internet forum full of nerdy teenagers (like myself) is the wrong place to look.

That's why I use the tested and rpf forums. Internet and age are no excuse.

He does have a point though. 

“I don't know who my grandfather was; I am much more concerned to know what his grandson will be.” 
― Abraham Lincoln

Bammm... live in the now!

See? Random quotes out of context don't mean much and can be very easily manipulated to help your argument.

He does have a point though. 

“I don't know who my grandfather was; I am much more concerned to know what his grandson will be.” 
― Abraham Lincoln

Bammm... live in the now!

See? Random quotes out of context don't mean much and can be very easily manipulated to help your argument.

If it was out of context I will agree, but it is not out of context.

I'm sorry, but attacks are different from natural disasters. Today was a moment that changed a decade.

Oh right im sorry, lets have a moment of silence for the people that died in a terrorist attack in Madrid/London which happened after 9/11.

Oh wait we dont because it wasnt immortalized by media

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

I wasn't part of it, I wasn't affected by it, I don't care about it. Sorry. I feel no empathy.

I wasn't part of it, I wasn't affected by it, I don't care about it. Sorry. I feel no empathy.

*drops the mic... walks off the stage*

south-park-s06e12c05-the-media-takes-not

ooon nine eleven. nine eleven nine eleven

@Tro , history repeats itself because of our inability to look in the past and learn from our mistakes. Where do you think plots like those in Battlestar Galactica and/or Babylon 5 come from...

south-park-s06e12c05-the-media-takes-not

ooon nine eleven. nine eleven nine eleven

@Tro , history repeats itself because of our inability to look in the past and learn from our mistakes. Where do you think plots like those in Battlestar Galactica and/or Babylon 5 come from...

Like i said before, WHY would we have to look back every year? Are people too stupid to remember what happened after them being reminded like 13 times now? 

Like i said before, WHY would we have to look back every year? Are people too stupid to remember what happened after them being reminded like 13 times now? 

Ah, in the sense of this particular case. Yeah,.. I think you have to be American to understand this melodramatic stuff.

Also #imagequote