Rampage V Extreme Black Edition?

Amer
Go to solution Solved by mvitkun,

I can't wait that long xD. I want to OC my 5960x to its maximum power. If they do release it in a couple of years that'd would be a bad idea since not many people would buy it since chances are everyone would most likely carry the Rampage V Extreme.

Well it'll only be released at all if the original was successful, and if it was then a late release date won't matter.

I mean this board targets enthusiasts who also want their pc to look great.

The fact that it's late won't matter to enthusiasts, they'll just cough up more money, like enthusiasts always do.

You're another lost soul aren't you?

He said the same thing I did essentially, just phrased differently.

He said "When Asus feels like it" vs "When Asus decides if it's worth their while and has enough improvements over the original."

Also I did say that there are other motherboards that are blacked out in my other post

When do you guys think they'll release it? I want my rig to be black on black.

Cheese

when they feel like it

Um, very funny. You might want to change '17 Year old' to maybe '13 year old' it'd make a lot more sense.

Cheese

Um, very funny. You might want to change '17 Year old' to maybe '13 year old' it'd make a lot more sense.

OK.

Well you'd be better off asking an ASUS representative as anyone that knows the release is probably under NDA.

So I stand by my original statement of it launches when ASUS feel it's time to.

No need to be like that... honestly nobody knows if there is even one in development I would of thought it would have been a launch board. 

No need to be like that... honestly nobody knows if they is even one in development I would of thought it would have been a launch board.

Well I did say "When do you guys 'think' they'll release it". He could of said I don't know or not comment at all. I didn't ask for an exact date.

Cheese

@Amer

Well the original Rampage IV was released around 2-3 years before the black edition.

Asus now knows that there might be, or might not be - depending on the sales of the Black Edition -, a market for such a product.

So if they do release it I'd expect it to happen in 1-2 years.

That aside there are other all black motherboards.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130796

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813188161

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

Well I did say "When do you guys 'think' they'll release it". He could of said I don't know or not comment at all. I didn't ask for an exact date.

I think they'll release it when they feel like it.

Not any time soon. The rampage 4 extreme was released a long time before the black edition, and the same will probably happen here too. And @harrynowl is right, they release it when they want to, because they have no obligation or deadline.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I think they'll release it eventually, when they feel like it, possibly never, or a combination thereof.

Well the original Rampage IV was released around 2-3 years before the black edition.

Asus now knows that there might be, or might not be - depending on the sales of the Black Edition -, a market for such a product.

So if they do release it I'd expect it to happen in 1-2 years.

I can't wait that long xD. I want to OC my 5960x to its maximum power. If they do release it in a couple of years that'd would be a bad idea since not many people would buy it since chances are everyone would most likely carry the Rampage V Extreme.

I think they'll release it when they feel like it.

Not any time soon. The rampage 4 extreme was released a long time before the black edition, and the same will probably happen here too. And @harrynowl is right, they release it when they want to, because they have no obligation or deadline.

Meh, many people would buy it if they release it now and I'd be one of the buyers. But it's obviously up to them but I know they'll release it because the Black editions got a nice feedback when it was released.

I think they'll release it eventually, when they feel like it, possibly never, or a combination thereof.

I hope they release it.

Cheese

The Black Edition parts typically come out at the end of the lifespan. Look at the Rampage III and IV versions and their release dates. So basically wait a few years.

Have a bad day...

Well it'll only be released at all if the original was successful, and if it was then a late release date won't matter.

I mean this board targets enthusiasts who also want their pc to look great.

The fact that it's late won't matter to enthusiasts, they'll just cough up more money, like enthusiasts always do.

He said the same thing I did essentially, just phrased differently.

He said "When Asus feels like it" vs "When Asus decides if it's worth their while and has enough improvements over the original."

Also I did say that there are other motherboards that are blacked out in my other post

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

I'm not going to argue with you I don't have time for you.

Thanks for all the 'positive' feedback I'll just go with the regular Extreme edition. Now I need find a new GPU and DDR4 RAM.

Cheese

Meh, many people would buy it if they release it now and I'd be one of the buyers. But it's obviously up to them but I know they'll release it because the Black editions got a nice feedback when it was released.

I hope they release it.

They won't release it any time soon because it would steal the marketshare from the other motherboards they released. It will definitely be at least 1-2 years from now before they even consider release.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I get the point with the color scheme... but to state that the Rampage V BE and Rampage V won´t OC an Haswell E the same is complete nonsense, sorry to say that. Asus just pointed it out very clearly that all X99 or even other mainstream mainboards of the Z97 line are actually able to achieve the same OC results in their class.

The main difference between them are some features, features that a lot of people even don´t know how to use them or don´t need them. And other features like to upgrade your UEFI with a Flashback features are very user friendly (but these features are as well on other series).

Now you could argue that the Rampage V has the 'upgraded' socket 2011-3 the 2084 but that has my X99 Deluxe as well. You see I have two custom loops running and OC all my hardware as far as it goes. But in terms of overclockability you will live more of the grace of your CPU. Unless you are an extreme overclocker with liquid nitrogen, deactivating HT and OC 1 core...

I´ve been reading about people that couldn´t push their Haswell E beyond 4GHz and they couldn´t OC the RAM too hard. And then there are other people, that were a lot more lucky (like me) who could even surpass 4.5GHz and run at the same time a very high XMP... just because you buy a Haswell E or more specific an i7 5960X doesn´t mean that it will OC like crazy, we are all just part of the silicon lottery. But even then 4GHz with an i7 5960X would be awesome!

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

• 3 months later...