565 members have voted

1. 1. What OS?

• Windows 7
    • Windows 8/8.1
    • Windows 10
    • OSX
    • Linux
    • Other

Windows 7, sadly some of the software I use for work doesn't support WIndows 10 yet.

"Graphics and gameplay are not mutually exclusive."

"Nvidia, AMD, Intel, or whatever company out there has only one end goal and that is PROFIT.

If you think these companies exist for any other reason you're gonna be disappointed my dear. CAVEAT EMPTOR"

All the computers in this house except one use Windows 10 Home. The other one is running Windows 8.1

My phone is running Android 5.1 but i'll upgrade to 6.0.1 soon

My parents phones are running iOS 9

I also have a computer that i'll may get back from repair tomorrow, and that i'll install either Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 Pro on.

We also have 2 tablets that run both Android.

Going pure Awesome in tech.

Use Linux Mint on my desktop for daily stuff and Windows 10 just strictly for gaming, use Ubuntu 14.04 on my laptop

On 06/02/2016 at 4:48 PM, ManWithBeard1990 said:

Yeah I haven't been very happy with 15.10 either. Holding off on upgrading my desktop until support for the newer kernel is a little better.

I've been running the daily build of 16.04 and I'm quite impressed. You've got a few bugs from it being alpha quality, but in general it's everything I want from an LTS version.

5 hours ago, Half-Shot said:

I've been running the daily build of 16.04 and I'm quite impressed. You've got a few bugs from it being alpha quality, but in general it's everything I want from an LTS version.

That's good to hear.

When the 4.2 kernel shipped with 15.10, the AMD drivers didn't like it very much.

That and I'm still warming up to Plasma 5.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

Used to use FreeBSD, ditched it (too hard for me, still learning) and switch to Linux, I use Fedora.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

• 2 weeks later...

I use 7 on everything currently. At work all of our software works with it and only some will work with 10 due to how old the software is.

i dual boot OSX 10.11 El Capitan and MSX, using mac for video production and playing songs on my launchpad and windows gaming 

My speakers dont even fit on or under my desk...PA's FTW

Windows 7, ElementaryOS and Ubuntu on desktop, Windows 10 on laptop :)

Edited by hnklp

Collecting old Macs.

• 2 weeks later...

My desktop and my wife's desktop have windows 10, my laptop has windows 7 because windows 10 seems to hate it for some reason. 

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger

I use dualboot win10 and Linux Mint 17.3 on my laptop.

And Win 10 on PC. I'll dualboot PC too, as soon as I'll get second HDD for Linux.

BTW, Linux is IDEAL for my laptop. Battery life is awesome (especially after I've tweaked some things :P)

Well I'm currently on Windows 8.1, but when I build my new PC it'll be running Windows 10.

Maybe I'll rebuild one of my two laptops and put Ubuntu or ChromeOS on it eventually. (Looks like it might cost a little too much to rebuild either of the laptops.)

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

I feel that putting "Linux" generically is a terrible idea. Users of Arch and Ubuntu would quickly lynch one another if the chance came. 

PC is running windows , Chromebook is running linux.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

12 minutes ago, Noire said:

I feel that putting "Linux" generically is a terrible idea. Users of Arch and Ubuntu would quickly lynch one another if the chance came. 

And this the problem with linux shows it's head, when you pick there is an army of people telling you you're wrong.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

Both of my laptops are Windows 10 with Classic Shell.

I virtualize a whole bunch of OSs:  Every major version of Windows, the newest versions of Linux Mint, Ubuntu, Arch Linux, Fedora, Slackware, FreeBSD, Solaris 9 - 11, OS X 10.6 - 10.11 (minus 10.7).  I also emulate earlier versions of Mac OS: System 6 (which is the same environment as Systems 1-5, so the same basic concept), OS 7, 8, 9, 10.2, 10.4.

OS X 10.10.5 on my MacPro, OS X 10.11.3 on my MacBOOK Pro, Windows 10 for BootCamp on my Mac Pro, and the random Linux distro I feel like using at the time either natively or as a VM

Folding Stats: http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=699352

Rig: 2009 Mac Pro 4,1 -Firmware flashed to 5,1- Xeon Hex-core W3690 @ 3.46GHz- GTX 970 - 12GB ECC RAM - Two 240GB SSD RAID 0 OSX 10.10.5 - 480GB SSD Windows 10 - 3TB Fusion Drive OS X 10.8.5 and 3TB WD Blue for files- 17,000 GeekBench 64 Bit on OSX - Astro A50

On 5/30/2013 at 11:54 AM, Volbet said:

I use Windows 8 on my main gaming rig, Windows 7 on my media computer, Ubuntu on my server and OSX on my hackintosh that i use to edit music 

Why do you like OSX for editing?
I'm really concerned about the future or Windows because of how much BS tracking they implemented in it...

3 hours ago, Captain Matt said:

Why do you like OSX for editing?
I'm really concerned about the future or Windows because of how much BS tracking they implemented in it...

At the time I used Logic X as my DAW and that was only available for Mac OS. 

However, in the 2,5 years that has gone by since that post I have moved to Windows and Reaper for my audio editing. I only use Logic X if I'm at a studio now. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Windows 10 is main for games but Ubuntu server and desktop for most of the time general nif-naf and use.