Intel's 14nm chips.

Tytla

tablets yes

smartphones no (for that its moorefield and Morganfield)

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

So mobile Broadwell is coming earlier than desktop?

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Macbook Air people will be happy...

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

I wonder how scale-able 14nm will actually be for performance desktop. Voltage limits will be tighter than Scrooge's wad. 

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

So mobile Broadwell is coming earlier than desktop?

it was known for a while that broadwell-Y (coreM) was getting a major head start before everything else

intel is facing big competition from ARM 

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

it was known for a while that broadwell-Y (coreM) was getting a major head start before everything else

If Broadwell is going to continue the low-power trend of Haswell, then they got quite a competitor in that chip.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Macbook Air people will be happy...

Considering Core-M is low end hardware, I would be suprised if Apple used it considering Apple only use i5 and up for Macs.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

again a very comprehensive OP... this is getting annoying.

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

again a very comprehensive OP... this is getting annoying.

Whats fun is if you create a new  post thats actually fleshed out with thoughs and opinions with snips of the story/pics posted people will just sit there screaming repost.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

Whats fun is if you create a new  post thats actually fleshed out with thoughs and opinions with snips of the story/pics posted people will just sit there screaming repost.

just add in the OP that you wrote it because you found the original thread lacking in content. also there is a lenghty discussion in the suggestions section about this issue now

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

This is a repost of my Tom's hardware article on Broadwell more or less. I don't see new info.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

I wouldn't say big competition except in the phone realm. ARM chip wattages and TDP are both coming up while Intel's have been starkly falling since Sandy Bridge.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Well.... my surface pro 3 had a small life span. 

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

I read somewhere that Broadwell desktop and Skylake are going out in either the same or in sequential periods. Skylake coming with DDR4.

If anyone asks why would they release it like that - Some people bought Z97 boards hoping to future proof their system. Of course those aren't DDR4 so if Intel doesn't release a chip for that they'd have bad PR with loyalists. Or maybe because their launching those in different market segments. Their timeframe being Q2 2015.

You can bark like a dog, but that won't make you a dog.

You can act like someone you're not, but that won't change who you are.

Finished Crysis without a discrete GPU,15 FPS average, and a lot of heart

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Followed by the "Wow I need to buy the OS for a $100!?"

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

14nm will bake unless intel fix their shit. Hopefully we can see soldered IHS's again.

14nm will bake unless intel fix their shit. Hopefully we can see soldered IHS's again.

No it won't. Broadwell-Y running at 1.5GHz quad-core at only 5-watt TDP shows you're clearly wrong. While soldered IHS are great for casuals and laptop/smartphone/server environments, they're awful for enthusiasts. Naked mount or Coolaboratory Liquid Pro/Ultra under the IHS is the best way to go. Solder gets in the way of deluding and performance.

No it won't. Broadwell-Y running at 1.5GHz quad-core at only 5-watt TDP shows you're clearly wrong. While soldered IHS are great for casuals and laptop/smartphone/server environments, they're awful for enthusiasts. Naked mount or Coolaboratory Liquid Pro/Ultra under the IHS is the best way to go. Solder gets in the way of deluding and performance.

The heat I was talking about was Broadwell-K. Relax. You didn't need to void your warranty and risk damaging a chip with a solder. 

Anyway I'm hoping for an even bigger drop in TDP for the Broadwell-U class for ultrabooks, completely silent laptops utilising dual core +HT and awesome iGPU performance would be great to see.

So when intel used soldered IHS in x99 chips they were wrong???

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I feel like I am in the future.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

intel-core-m-chip-sku-lineup-5y10-5y70-6

EEEWWW they used the square root symbol instead of a proper tick/check mark in that table...

Sorry, I just cannot stand that. Knowing Intel, though, I am not surprised.