Samsung has a new beast: The first Android powered printer

Dietrichw

Source

samsung-smart-multixpress.jpg

Now, if you thought Android was everywhere it could be you were wrong as Samsung is pushing it further with their Android powered printer. Samsung didn't make one android powered printer but they made ten models. 

The printers are designed to be independent and scalable for business use. They all boast Samsung's Smart UX Center which allows it to work on its own without need for a PC to send files to print, and "app scalability" (Angry Birds anyone?) 

All models come with a 10.1" touchscreen panel to preview and modify documents and NFC printing technology 

one can also assume that it comes with touchwiz

You might be able to print documents and pages from the tablet...I guess that's cool.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

NFC printing technology?

So I no longer need to actually come to the photocopier to xerox my ass I can just take a photo in the privacy of the men's room and then just beam that shit to the printer ass I pass by.

Epic.

(I noticed the nonpasta text, good job.)

NFC printing technology?

So I no longer need to actually come to the photocopier to xerox my ass I can just take a photo in the privacy of the men's room and then just beam that shit to the printer ass I pass by.

Epic.

OMG I'm dieing, that is funnier than anything I've see non Imgur all night

You might be able to print documents and pages from the tablet...I guess that's cool.

It means you can play Don't Touch The Spikes and Hill Climb Racing on a printer.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

I like the sounds of NFC printing. Could be great for people who work remotely on tablets (assuming they happen to be android).

Soon work will grind to a halt since their employees are too busy playing candy crush on the printers.

NFC printing technology?

Samsung has had this in a lot of their laser printers already. I just picked up a $150 color laser one that's been out since last year and it has NFC printing.

Then there's that guy watching p0rn on the printer...

Only if it has a print screen button.  Which it literally can do now.  B)

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Only if it has a print screen button.  Which it literally can do now.  B)

MY MOOSE!!!! I LOVE YOU!!

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

hmm this can have some really practicle purposes, since most printer always use propriatery (probs Linux based) systems, and although Android is not amazing it would unify things, and with NFC tech it would be amazing

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

Android and printers... this can only end well.

RUN FOR YOUR LIVEEEEEEEEES

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Does it have a front facing camera. I hope it takes god selfies

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

These are going to get hacked so fast...

....cuz there's a need to hack printers...dickbutts across the nation

This would have been great....like 6 years ago. Any respectable business that can afford this massive things should be transitioning to fully paperless by now. Yes I know it's not feasible for some stuff like legal firms but still, why are we exited about printing, when is the last time you fucking printed anything? I just visit a copier center or cyber coffee once every 2 years or so to print some stupid letter and I do mention it to the offices that required them: "Really? Printed copies? I can see your goddamn digital cameras and scanners here why do you bother me with fucking printed copies?"

-------

Current Rig

-------

NFC printing technology?

Epic.

(I noticed the nonpasta text, good job.)

I thought you had to touch the phone for NFC. Are you thinking of blutooth/IR?

http://www.pcworld.com/article/254518/your_printer_could_be_a_security_sore_spot.html

Theres always some asshole who finds a way to ruin your day.

well that sucks, but the software used by printer companies is probably worse in terms of security than android. Though Idc since I don't have a need for a enterprise grade printer myself.