X-8 Featuring White Lightning. An 8 core Hackintosh...

ALXAndy

Paranoid? What for?

I've never taken a motherboard apart before. I've always left them alone... The SB core is very small and delidded, so very easy to damage. I had also not ran this RAM in this set up yet either...

You gotta remember dude, everything was stripped down to absolutely nothing and quite heavily modded. One little slip or one screw done up too tight and it's game over.

Still, at least I know she fires. Braiding the PSU shouldn't change anything so fingers crossed it will all work at the end.

Edit. I also wasn't sure about the cooler contacting properly. I made it remember? it was never intended to be ran on this socket.. Just did some bios digging and thankfully the CPU fan is fully controllable so I have it set to silent. Phew x2. You should have heard the bloody thing roar before I changed it ! :D

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

@ALXAndy well it's good that everything works and I must say it is awesome

Looking awesome so far. Try using Niresh Mavericks as ive found that it works out of the box

Couple of questions if I may. This is to Nicholas too...

Am I going to need a MAC to build the bootable USB installer? and if so, can I do it with Leopard?

Ed. NVM I think I have everything I need?

So far I've got the Nvidia drivers, Multibeast Mavericks ed 6.5.0 and am downloading Niresh 10.9 ISO. I also grabbed Windows Disk Imager, so I should be able to attempt to build a USB stick with that lot.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

Am I going to need a MAC to build the bootable USB installer? and if so, can I do it with Leopard?

So far I've got the Nvidia drivers, Multibeast Mavericks ed 6.5.0 and am downloading Niresh 10.9 ISO. I also grabbed Windows Disk Imager, so I should be able to attempt to build a USB stick with that lot.

What motherboard do you have because funnily msi worked better than my asus which should work better apparently :P

Steve

Gigabyte X79 UD3 with a Xeon 8 core..

It works on the UP4, Linus did one. The UD3 is identical it's just lesser specced on USB and phases.

Yo, sorry I am at LAN. You will need a Mac or a VM of OS X, Retail 10.9, Multibeast, unibeast, KextBeast.

\

Yo, sorry I am at LAN. You will need a Mac or a VM of OS X, Retail 10.9, Multibeast, unibeast, KextBeast.

Right well I don't think I can go that route so Niresh it is.

Oops. forgot all about this lol. Today I decided to tidy up the bits and bobs. Everything was in a bit of a mess.. Any way, allow me to introduce you to Mr Skull.

1_zps9e4343d9.jpg

This part actually took me about an hour. What I did was stuck it down and then used the Dremel to carve around the edges.

2_zps1818d45b.jpg

So that's my light blank. I've polished the edges since but the sun has gone in.

Here is how they fit.

3_zps10cb067b.jpg

They're now setting, so I got on with this.

4_zps5f0c9f01.jpg

Mark.

5_zpsdfb3cf2a.jpg

And...

6_zps3cc0efe1.jpg

As I say, glue setting so that's it for now but this will become the centre piece of the front of the case. 5 white LEDs :)

I'm really digging mr skull :D

I originally bought him for the BPM. But it didn't look right in chrome for that so I was meaning to order a black one but BPM has gone on the backburner for a bit.

Should look rather B.A when lit up :D

Right, going back to this... So yesterday I found this guide..

http://www.macbreaker.com/2014/01/install-osx-mavericks-on-pc-with-niresh.html

I managed to find the Niresh ISO and have now built that using the disk imager in the link...

So, that's it right? I boot from that, install it and then I install Multibeast, the X79 kexts and so on? is that all there is? or am I missing something?

The time is becoming nigh Mr Nicholas.....

Ain't gonna lie, making this was really boring.

8.jpg

It's fitted now. Glue is setting.

Okay, I just woke up :P Yup, pretty simple to setup a Hackintosh if you know what files you need.

\

Okay, I just woke up :P Yup, pretty simple to setup a Hackintosh if you know what files you need.

I need a specific shopping list now dude. And I need orders to install things too. Though tbh? I don't mind effing it up and doing it a few times as I like to learn.

Good news. Both the paracord and the last of the acrylic arrived this morning. So that's pretty much everything I need to complete the build... Scary !

Mr Skull is now complete with the LEDs fitted and tested. Am very happy with him, looks very clean and professional but will save him for a bit later ;)

I need a specific shopping list now dude. And I need orders to install things too. Though tbh? I don't mind effing it up and doing it a few times as I like to learn.

Good news. Both the paracord and the last of the acrylic arrived this morning. So that's pretty much everything I need to complete the build... Scary !

Mr Skull is now complete with the LEDs fitted and tested. Am very happy with him, looks very clean and professional but will save him for a bit later ;)

So you haven't attempted anything yet? :D

I haven't use the niresh model before but I will do a little bit of research now to see what needs to be done, if it is want I think it will be I should have it ready in around 20mins Tops.

Edit: I would still prefer that we use a Retail image of Mavericks because I know how to use it but I will look.

If you want to chat I will be on teamspeak: 80.240.141.219

\

@ALXAndy Message me or join my teamspeak when you want to start :)

I'm busy mate sorry. I thought if you looked at the spec list on page 1 you could sort it.. I will meet you on Teamspeak, but I still have a lot to do mate before I'll be ready..

Any way, postman came. I set to work.....

And they're off...

1_zps6a5f5800.jpg

And then....

2_zps242fe5e9.jpg

Nice !

3_zpsfe0a244c.jpg

Time to introduce some white...

4_zps8ac9bb22.jpg

Done.

5_zpse33644b0.jpg

Just taking a 30 min or so break, then I'll hit the PCIE wires.

I'm busy mate sorry. I thought if you looked at the spec list on page 1 you could sort it.. I will meet you on Teamspeak, but I still have a lot to do mate before I'll be ready..

Any way, postman came. I set to work.....

And they're off...

And then....

Nice !

Time to introduce some white...

Done.

Just taking a 30 min or so break, then I'll hit the PCIE wires.

Okay sweet, no rush :P

\

Then it was time for the PCIE wiring.

6_zps82ad83b6.jpg

7_zps99c986c5.jpg

And finally in. Pic is crap as sunlight has gone now :(

8_zpsae64fb58.jpg

Quick update.

Last night I began the build. First thing I noticed was -

1. Oh crap, hardly any room for cables.

2. The PSU shroud fouls the fan connector and power/reset buttons when they are fitted.

2 - not a problem, I'll simply trim the shroud.

1 - not sure if the side panel is going to go back on. Might call for drastic measures.....

Edit. I will crack on later this afternoon after the football..