X-8 Featuring White Lightning. An 8 core Hackintosh...

ALXAndy

Just remember OS X doesn't have native VGA output

Monitor has two HDMI and one VGA. I won't be using the KVM to switch monitors dude :) Ed. So what I will do is use DVI-HDMI cables. I know I'm using one now on the PC....

A short while later...

3-5.jpg

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

What a clean look, i gotta envy these sorts of builds... *looks into the future for a time where i might have enough money*

Pentium G3258 @ 4.2GHz | Asus R9 290 | MSI Z97s SLI Plus | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1600MHZ | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | 250GB 840 Evo |Evga Supernova 750W | Win 7 Home Premium | Corsair Obsidian 800D |

i5-2450M @ 2.50 GHz | 8GB RAM | 500GB 5400rpm HDD | Nvidia gt630m | Win 8.1 Pro |

What a clean look, i gotta envy these sorts of builds... *looks into the future for a time where i might have enough money*

Dude no. No no no !!! 

LEDs - IIRC they were about £3 for 40. I used 10 in this part, so less than a pound. Acrylic = Hmm, probably used about 80p's worth? so this part was less than £2. Even the SSD box for the MSATA drive was about £7, so less than a tenner all in.

I don't make expensive parts. The rig still cost £315 even with this part. In fact no, it's not £321 because I ordered that fan that cost £6.

The case was £28. Always keep that in mind....

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

OK so I decided to get the MAC out and fit the platform.

1-11.jpg

Closer.

2-10.jpg

Yup, fair to say I'm super happy with that ! So it was time to sort the drive out..

3-6.png

And what I will be using it for, games.

4-4.png

And this made me grin like an idiot..

5-3.jpg

It went from 2005 - reboot - 2008 - reboot - early 2013 (big alu mac) - reboot - late 2013 vacuum cleaner :D :D

haha it does the job so far man. 

Most of them still ship with 4gb IIRC? 

Upgrading it would be hard because it's 2133mhz and it's not cheap.

Dude no. No no no !!! 

LEDs - IIRC they were about £3 for 40. I used 10 in this part, so less than a pound. Acrylic = Hmm, probably used about 80p's worth? so this part was less than £2. Even the SSD box for the MSATA drive was about £7, so less than a tenner all in.

I don't make expensive parts. The rig still cost £315 even with this part. In fact no, it's not £321 because I ordered that fan that cost £6.

The case was £28. Always keep that in mind....

Tools aren't exactly free though..

Would have to be MATX and shipping is £20. 

However I'm actually planning out an ITX build into a cylinder....

Would have to be MATX and shipping is £20. 

However I'm actually planning out an ITX build into a cylinder....

Exciting :D. You should do it in an actual trash can :P

Steve

Thats awesome

It was a good attempt but he/she could have done so much better. i.e The rear I/O was badly done.

\

I have a Dyson in the attic lol

I have a Dyson in the attic lol

YES just yes. The first apple product not to suck...

Are they good? Cus i want to get into some modding but the only tool for cutting is an old hack saw... What do you use the hammer drill for?

Steve

Apple products don't suck, they just don't appeal to most people because of there price.

\

Apple products don't suck, they just don't appeal to most people because of there price.

Its was a joke. I actually like mac os but not ios. And i dont like apple products becuase i like screwing around with my hardware :D and overpriced. My current phone cost £70 and my pc £550 and tablet £80...

Steve

Its was a joke. I actually like mac os but not ios. And i dont like apple products becuase i like screwing around with my hardware :D

Fair reasoning, I love it when people say they use shit hardware  :blink: Intel and Nvidia are shit now?  :lol:

\

Fair reasoning, I love it when people say they use shit hardware  :blink: Intel and Nvidia are shit now?  :lol:

Intel and nvida ftw. I have reference 760 and love it. Keeps my room toasty in the winter :D I doubt ill ever get an amd processor for myself because i prefer intel chipsets and amd graphics cards. Well my onlyl one was a 5450 which i tried to play gta iv with a core 2 duo e6550. 10 FPS gaing ftw :P

Steve

Intel and nvida ftw. I have reference 760 and love it. Keeps my room toasty in the winter :D

Ref 980 :D

\

Ref 980 :D

;'( One day i shall have 4k as long as its 16:10. 1680 x 1050 is the way to go :D

Steve

Are they good? Cus i want to get into some modding but the only tool for cutting is an old hack saw... What do you use the hammer drill for?

Those tools are fine. The rotary tool lasted me two years and the motor was still good I just broke the chuck. I use a drill for drilling holes :D hammer is just one of the functions of it dude it's just a drill :)

The workbench is ok but the top is made from MDF rather than proper timber. It doesn't matter though, it still more than serves its purpose :)

I've upgraded my rotary tool now but only because of the chuck mech and even my new one was only £35.

Absolutely. Expensive does not always mean crap. I owned plenty of MACs up until about 2001 and they were amazing. Beautifully made and worked wonderfully :)

OK so with my bank account almost empty again I decided to poke around on Ebay for cheap toys.

mouse.jpg

£6.99 inc. Lovely thing is it's wireless so I will be able to throw it in the drawer when I'm not using it.

Also..

@alpenwasser can you link me to your stitching guide please?