Guys, is 64GB of dominator platinum c9 too much?

lttiscancer

You know, people that are stuck up like this, stop existing.

Jealousy is a very negative emotion. :)

Idiocy is a common mindset.

idiocy is the condition of an action. not a mindset. You're looking for asinine or foolishness

idiocy is the condition of an action. not a mindset. You're looking for asinine or foolishness

Of which you're both if that's the case. Fine by me. I am not jealous, just amused.

That's for xeon processors that use ECC.

Look at the spec sheet for the consumer processors:

http://ark.intel.com/products/82930

MAX 64GB NO ECC SUPPORTED

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Of which you're both if that's the case. Fine by me. I am not jealous, just amused.

aren't inflamatory statements against the tos due to a direct attack on a person?

That's for xeon processors that use ECC.

Look at the spec sheet for the consumer processors:

http://ark.intel.com/products/82930

MAX 64GB NO ECC SUPPORTED

1. Supports Intel® Core™ i7 and Xeon® E5-1600/2600 v3 Processor Family for the LGA 2011-3 Socket, up to 18 Cores and 160W
  2. Supports Intel® Core™ i7 and Xeon® E5-1600/2600 v3 Processor Family 
  3. and

Right now we have 2011-3 sockets. there is no 2011-0, 2011, 2, 2011 -v3 like sandy-e had. If i wanted I could just buy a xeon chip and replace and use ecc memory.  :)

many X type chipsets have supported both i7 AND xeon before. 

1. Supports Intel® Core™ i7 and Xeon® E5-1600/2600 v3 Processor Family for the LGA 2011-3 Socket, up to 18 Cores and 160W
  2. Supports Intel® Core™ i7 and Xeon® E5-1600/2600 v3 Processor Family 
  3. and

Right now we have 2011-3 sockets. there is no 2011-0, 2011, 2, 2011 -v3 like sandy-e had. If i wanted I could just buy a xeon chip and replace and use ecc memory. :)

many X type chipsets have supported both i7 AND xeon before. 

Wrong person.

HA, you're doing exactly what these companies want by buying abhorrent amounts of memory, just to say you have it. Good on ya, enjoy using no more than 1/8 of that ram on a regular basis.

Embarrassing, really.

too much is when someone goes for 128 gig or 150+ gigs on ram (yes that is a real thing ) on a dual xeon moboard

Details separate people.

See if your motherboard supports it, because 128GB is usually the bare minimum for the average user. I personally use 512 GB.

i use a terabyte ;)

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

This guys name is literally LTT is Cancer.... and turns out he is cancer himself

Maybe he should just leave the forum instead of assuming people are jealous that he spent all his money on a PC but is still an unlikeable asshat

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

This guys name is literally LTT is Cancer.... and turns out he is cancer himself

Maybe he should just leave the forum instead of assuming people are jealous that he spent all his money on a PC but is still an unlikeable asshat

I second this.

I second this.

I second your face monitor smashing gif, as that is how I feel at this guy :P

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

too much is when someone goes for 128 gig or 150+ gigs on ram (yes that is a real thing ) on a dual xeon moboard

That would be a mega weird workload. Right now I'm running a mc server while playing bf4. this is fun.

I second this.

I love how mad you two are. Why aren't you talking about your 02 dac and noctua fans yet?

I love how mad you two are. Why aren't you talking about your 02 dac and noctua fans yet?

See why are you resorting to this weird jealousy thing? 

I could buy as many noctua fans as I want, I just dont like how they look, I could go and buy quad 780tis but I dont want to, because for what I play and do on my pc, it would be a total waste

I can spend that money on new camera lenses, or travelling abroad, or other things in life, 

I just want to know why you think you are better than everyone? because you have a good pc? 

Why'd I brag about products I don't have? That'd make me a liar.

Why'd I buy expensive niche products I don't need? That'd make me an idiot.

You aren't disliked because you have more hardware, you're disliked because you're an asshat.

Short answer... Yes. Long answer... Hell no that's AWESOME!

Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate Wants you! Join now!

UOLTT Basop | Misc Freelancer & Origin M50

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

-Groucho Marx

Locked - spam