Why did you convert to Master Race?

Next gen consoles were announced and i thought it looked pretty shit hardware upgrades so why not go to pc where it is much better

CPU: i7 8700k Motherboard: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming RAM: 4x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro (2 white, 2 black) GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor Case: Corsair Crystal 570x White HDD: 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm Sata 3 SSD: 240GB Corsair Force 3 + 500GB Samsung 970 Evo Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series™ H150i PSU: Corsair RM750i OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Mouse: Logitech G600 Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown Monitor: Samsung S24C570L 1080p 23.6" + AOC AGON 240Hz 1080p Sound: HyperX Cloud Headset Black/Red + Logitech Z213 Speakers 2.1

Cost, though there seems to be a few too many zealots among the PC crowd for my tastes.  May have to venture back to consoles just for a reprieve from all the snobbery.  Next they'll be chanting for me to buy a GPU instead of going APU because their corporate overlords demand AMD and Nvidia be given tribute.

Graphics, upgradeability, mods, choice of gamepad, controller, mouse/keyboard.

Dis track?  Jesus christ why'd we even fight a war?  - Ron Cadillac

Two words

Mechwarrior online

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

as far as controller goes, i love it ( ps2, ps3, xbox 360 )

obviously not for shooters

everything else -> nope

Yes, yes, yes, let's do that. MwhahahahahaHAHAHAHAHA!

I vote we collectively troll the crap out of an xbox or ps4 forum, anyone? Just post $400 dollar builds that spank the consoles, or $500 in the case of the xbox.

Got a topic starting

http://www.ps4fans.net/forum-topic/naughty-dog-bought-by-nintendo/

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

Why did I?
I think the questions should be why I didn't for the past, however many years, I suffered with consoles.

I was sick of my slow netbook and I was already subbed to Linus and Logan, so I saved up, and built myself a PC.

First PC Build (Current System) | CPU: AMD FX6300 | GPU: ASUS 7850 D CUii | Mobo: ASUS M5A97 EVO R2.0 | PSU: XFX PRO 850W | RAM: 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | HDD: WD Green | Case: Xigmatek Asgard V1 (soon to be 750D =D)

Cost, though there seems to be a few too many zealots among the PC crowd for my tastes.  May have to venture back to consoles just for a reprieve from all the snobbery.  Next they'll be chanting for me to buy a GPU instead of going APU because their corporate overlords demand AMD and Nvidia be given tribute.

If I'm perfectly honest, most of us are Ass holes (no offence), and it really doesn't help when other people in the thread are planning on trolling a forum, just because something isn't as good as there preference.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

You merely adopted PC Gaming. I was born in it, molded by it, I didn't see a console until 2001 and by then I was like "wow, this sucks".

Although I still have a lot if respect towards PS1 & 2. :)

Started gaming on a ps1 then ps2 then when my mum deleted system folder on xp i took it in and played gta sa on lowest possible setting  on a 800 x 600 crt monitor then bought a white xbox 360, then an optilex 755 sff and then bought a 5450 to play minecraft and gta sa. after 10 rrod's got a 250gb slim then in may i finally got a real gaming pc xD

Steve

Better graphics

And not as many 10 year old kids telling me to go fuck myself and die :)

what else, steam deals, no shitty indie ports

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

i went back and forth between the 2 over the time, i started gaming when i was 5 on a SNES playing mario then ove to the nintendo 64 and ps1, played the shit out of mario 64, bomberman, smash and zelda, dont remember much about the game about ps1 but i played a game that was an arcade style shooter a lot

got a gamecube, played some other nintedo games but i got bored of them kinda fast since most of them where carbon copies of their 64 version though mario sunshine and double dash where fun as fuck regardless, since we didn't buy games often, i played lots of flash game on a shity 98 pc that eventually got xp, when we finally replaced that thing with a hp prebuilt, yeah i know but a the time that felt like a godsend compared with what i had, with time that shit go lots of software issues, my dad was friend with a techinitian that fixed it, he introduced me to some pc games for the first time, i got halo CE i played it a lot, then with the craze about the nfs series, got most wanted and played that game more, that any other game ever, its still my favorite of all time above any other game

we kept that pc for a long time it was eventually a piece of shit that barelly ran anything and with how much i liked halo, i got a 360, played the shit out of halo 3 to, probably my most played game after most wanted, but with gold for multiplayer and seing how god pc games we getting now, i started looking back into pc gaming, since i was getting new game once in a blue moon, in early 2011 started watching linus as well as other tech channels to know more about pc in general in january 2012 got the money and built my current rig and didn't looked back until now since the new console despite being shit on hardware the are getting some nice excluse regardless, also it doesn't help that a bunch of games now days either come out on early access or buggy as fuck on release, still i like pc gaming more that ever, console now days are more of a secondary thing

Tired of shitty controllers (sorry, keyboard and mouse are just better, don't have to worry about my joysticks wearing out).

during the 3 and a half years i had an xbox 360, i weared out 3 controllers bumpers and triggers, and replaced my elite edition with an s model due to rrod, microsoft threw built quality out of the windows during the 360 life

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

i went back and forth between the 2 over the time, i started gaming when i was 5 on a SNES playing mario then ove to the nintendo 64 and ps1, played the shit out of mario 64, bomberman, smash and zelda, dont remember much about the game about ps1 but i played a game that was an arcade style shooter a lot

got a gamecube, played some other nintedo games but i got bored of them kinda fast since most of them where carbon copies of their 64 version though mario sunshine and double dash where fun as fuck regardless, since we didn't buy games often, i played lots of flash game on a shity 98 pc that eventually got xp, when we finally replaced that thing with a hp prebuilt, yeah i know but a the time that felt like a godsend compared with what i had, with time that shit go lots of software issues, my dad was friend with a techinitian that fixed it, he introduced me to some pc games for the first time, i got halo CE i played it a lot, then with the craze about the nfs series, got most wanted and played that game more, that any other game ever, its still my favorite of all time above any other game

we kept that pc for a long time it was eventually a piece of shit that barelly ran anything and with how much i liked halo, i got a 360, played the shit out of halo 3 to, probably my most played game after most wanted, but with gold for multiplayer and seing how god pc games we getting now, i started looking back into pc gaming, since i was getting new game once in a blue moon, in early 2011 started watching linus as well as other tech channels to know more about pc i general in january 2012 got the money and built my current rig and didn't looked back until now since the new console despite being shit on hardware the are getting some nice excluse regardless, also it doesn't help that a bunch of games now days wither come out on early access or buggy as fuck on release, still i like pc gaming more that ever, console now days are more of a secondary thing

during the 3 and a half years i had an xbox 360, i weared out 3 controllers bumpers and triggers, and replaced my elite edition with an s model due to rrod, microsoft threw built quality out of the windows during the 360 life

Indeed. I honestly feel sorry for the people that have bought the "next gen" that think they're gonna get the longevity of the last generation, which did last a while longer than it should have. I just don't see how it's "Next gen" when they're still stuck at 720p

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

When both the PS4 and XB1 were anounced to be non backwards compatible and you had to pay to play online, I was like...

tRCcX.gif

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Too many reasons to list.

i5-4670k @4.2GHz Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 @1135MHz 1600MHz G.Skill RipjawsX 8GB Samsung 840 EVO 120GB Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

Corsair K70 Logitech G502 Proteus Core Logitech G230 Blue Snowball SteelSeries QcK+

YouTube // Steam // Twitter // Facebook // Google+

Always had PC and consoles so no converting for me

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I haven't and I never will. :D

disappointed-kid.jpg

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

<Snip>

Souless ginger realizes he is souless?

Im allowed to make these jokes, Im a ginger...

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Souless ginger realizes he is souless?

Im allowed to make these jokes, Im a ginger...

Same as realising you are not #PCMASTERBATE

also

haha-youre-a-ginger.jpg

Same as realising you are not #PCMASTERBATE

also

giphy.gif

I was a PC gamer when I was younger.  I only bought into the whole console thing because all of my friends had Gamecubes.  After that, we all bought Wii's, and as the library got more shovelware-y I transitioned back to PC.

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

load times 

Specs: AMD FX 6300 @ 4ghz, Asus R9 270 OC, 8gb Corsair xms3, Cooler Master GX 550w PSU, WD 500 blue, Gigabyte  GA-970A-DS3

Just joined pc gaming a few months back was playing mostly bf4 on the ps4 before I got one. When I changed over to bf 4 on pc I didn't really notice a big difference but when I went back to ps4 that's when it really dawned on me how much different it was. Graphics are a different level really and you realise just how poor controllers are for fps especially. It was games like dayz and arma that originally piqued my interest in pc gaming but dayz is buggy as hell and for the life of me I can not get arma to work (think it's because I still can't get my head round how to run mods right) but games like cs go, planetside 2 and others have made up for it. Love the pc gaming now with steam you get loads more game options at affordable prices. Still have the ps4 for downstairs but tbh I can see it going and the money being put towards a 144hz monitor. I was really keeping it for destiny but I'm not a fan of it from what I played in the alpha and beta and if I need to I can hook my laptop up downstairs and run that steam programme that allows remote play then just get a cheap kb/m. Though I'm tempted to just go and build a cheap downstairs pc