Intel's stock is the highest it's been in 14 years.

threadysparrow

For the older users, I found this interesting. On August 12th, Intel reached $34.10 and today it was at $35.14. The highest it's ever been was $73.94 in September 2000. 

Some of the reasons why Intel might be doing good right now can be found here. 

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/08/18/is-it-time-to-buy-intel-corporation-stock.aspx

Here's the stock trend.

http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=INTC+Interactive#symbol=INTC;range=my

edit: Actually it was in the 40s in Jan 2001, but that's still about 14 years give or take.

I get 60 frames at 1080p on a dual core APU. Ask me how.

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

Compared to AMD's $4.25.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

Just goes to show companies with growing profits, product lines and dividends can still go backwards as long term stock options.   If you bought in 2000 and was ready to cash in now you'd be a little sad.

Compared to AMD's $4.25.

Also have to take into consideration operation size and total share allocation.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Compared to AMD's $4.25.

well part of the reason why Intel has such a higher stock price is because Intel CPUs are used in things like hospital, military, educational, scientific, and first responder services just to name a few, alongside their consumer devices as well. A lot of Intel's money comes from areas other than consumer electronics.

edit: This actually reminded me about my accident I got into 2 years ago when my car was totaled on the highway by some dumbass on his/her phone. I won't mention the gender. When the fireman cut me out of my seat, I noticed the other one had this suitcase looking device and it had an Intel logo on the front where the logos usually are. It was just a very rugged and sturdy laptop that was obviously built for fire fighters. 

Oh and I didn't need to go to the hospital, it's just that the door was messed up and it caved in a bit and was blocking my seatbelt.

I get 60 frames at 1080p on a dual core APU. Ask me how.

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

I'm waiting for @MyInnerFred opinion.

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

- Stefani Stilton (she / her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

well part of the reason why Intel has such a higher stock price is because Intel CPUs are used in things like hospital, military, educational, scientific, and first responder services just to name a few, alongside their consumer devices as well. A lot of Intel's money comes from areas other than consumer electronics.

Oh I know, ask any non-techie and they will still have heard of Intel, but they won't know anything about AMD.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

Compared to AMD's $4.25.

AMD has stock?

Also,

SELL SELL SELL!

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

1 AMD stock can't even buy a combo meal..

1 AMD stock can't even buy a combo meal..

If you can afford a combo meal it might be worth considering investing in AMD instead then.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

And then you look at Asustek share prices and your mind just blows

Case: Carbide 300R

CPU: i5 4690K @ 3.90GHz

RAM: 8GB DDR3

Mobo: MSI Z97-G45 Gaming

GPU: R9 290 Tri-X

PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA NEX650G

Storage: 4TB NAS

Drive 1: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM

Drive 2: WD 500gb 7200RPM

Keyboard: Vengeance K50

Headset: Vengeance 1500 V2

Mouse: R.A.T 5

Monitor: LG 24EN33

If you can afford a combo meal it might be worth considering investing in AMD instead then.

I was actually thinking about that.

I was actually thinking about that.

lose weight and make money :D  I'm in.

No. AMD will rise to about $6 and plateau until it rots away to nothing over the next 30-40 years. Intel is catching up far too quickly in heterogeneous design for AMD processors to be competitive in the mid-term. If you invested right now in AMD, a lot, it would be worth it, but even with a 33% profit margin from $4 to 6 even average joe consumer can't buy enough stock to make a good haul.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

No. AMD will rise to about $6 and plateau until it rots away to nothing over the next 30-40 years. Intel is catching up far too quickly in heterogeneous design for AMD processors to be competitive in the mid-term. If you invested right now in AMD, a lot, it would be worth it, but even with a 33% profit margin from $4 to 6 even average joe consumer can't buy enough stock to make a good haul.

the future is anyone's guess, but if AMD play their cards right they have enough investments atm to see them right.

i blame the pentium.

the future is anyone's guess, but if AMD play their cards right they have enough investments atm to see them right.

I'll put it another way: betting against Intel, unless it gets its pants sued clean off, is foolish. Everyone here seems to forget Intel split its stock in the mid 2000s to attract more investors after the netburst fiasco. If Skylake is Intel's Kaveri (and it is), if Broadwell's GT4e graphics solution really is a 2TFlop juggernaut at only 96 GPU cores, and if Intel delivers on it's already promised 60% GPU improvement over Broadwell in Skylake, then AMD won't have any competitive x86 solution apart from its 8-core line which needs a complete overhaul.

The successor to Carrizo is AMD's final chance. Carrizo is still on 28nm, meaning they can't fit the HBM everyone keeps speculating on and they can't fit a substantially larger number of GPU cores. Kaveri was already on the upper end of TSMC's die size limits.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

I would love to know what has happened to AMD's downfall from being a competitor to Intel to being well nothing to Intel.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

and a while back i read somewhere that the tech market was doing worse.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

I would love to know what has happened to AMD's downfall from being a competitor to Intel to being well nothing to Intel.

CMT happened. amd gambled and lost. their phenom 2 line was comparable to intels nahalems

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

CMT happened. amd gambled and lost. their phenom 2 line was comparable to intels nahalems

CMT being AMD's core cluster technology. Is AMD planning on turning around and going down the correct path this time.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

CMT being AMD's core cluster technology. Is AMD planning on turning around and going down the correct path this time.

apparently. i mean they hired jim keller to make them a good architecture once again. hopefully it will work

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

apparently. i mean they hired jim keller to make them a good architecture once again. hopefully it will work

I hope so.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

That and AMD got complacent during the netburst years while simultaneously having a tiny war chest compared to Intel. CMT wasn't a bad idea, but it wasn't done properly. Yes FPUs are expensive, but if AMD had put 2 in the center of its modules it could have reached 512-bit SIMD long before Intel did, giving it the edge needed to stay competitive in scientific computing while the architecture was rethought.

AMD is holding on by just a few threads which is why it's diversifying in search of revenues.