Why isn't there a section for MAC?

Cokeman

I see people say this all the time and they neglect to ever name any

Thinkpad. 

I've named them as an excellent alternative numerous times in the Mobile section. 

Fair, but that's equal pricing, which is by no means a strike against apple, if anything it proves that they're priced fairly. I'm ignoring the (5400 rpm) HDD rather than an SSD as well

Not equal pricing. A refurb laptop is automatically discounted. Meaning it was originally more expensive. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Thinkpad. 

I've named them as an excellent alternative numerous times in the Mobile section. 

Not equal pricing. A refurb laptop is automatically discounted. Meaning it was originally more expensive. 

It was originally more expensive, because it was more cutting edge at the time.

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

I see people say this all the time and they neglect to ever name any

Aorus X7. It costs more here in Australia, but it has twice the RAM, more storage and Dual better GPUs. And, if you're a windows user, it includes a copy of windows, something that isn't brought up much in the 'macs are better PCs then PC' style arguments.

Edit: I found a more similar version to the High end MacBook Pro. It costs less.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

There is reason to like a mac - they have very nice build quality and very high ease of use, while their OS is not for me I have suggested them to specific people many times... a macbook pro retina dual booting windows and linux would be my favorite laptop... blind hatred of mac doesn't help anything

Same goes for consoles...

as many people forget

Thinkpad. 

Thinkpad, either not as portable, or 4GB of ram. I'm talking spec for spec BETTER QUALITY, because everyone's argument is that macs are stupid over priced. Really if we're going by all the anti apple circlejerkers I want to see a laptop with the same specs and build quality that blows apple out of the water by their claims.

And I'm pretty sure his was referb too. Though it would be nice if you actually gave a solid well reasoned argument instead of your CLEAR bias. You're just saying words, your argument is flawed and you have no justifications for what you say

There is no Windows nor Linux section, so quit your whining, you're not getting a Mac BS forum section so give it up.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Aorus X7. It costs more here in Australia, but it has twice the RAM, more storage and Dual better GPUs. And, if you're a windows user, it includes a copy of windows, something that isn't brought up much in the 'macs are better PCs then PC' style arguments.

Edit: I found a more similar version to the High end MacBook Pro. It costs less.

To be clear I'm not arguing that Mac is better than PC, I'm arguing that all the completely misguided blind apple hate is just that. Poorly reasoned, blind hatred with no VALID claims to back it up.

Also that's a gaming laptop, Macbook Pros aren't made for gaming, they're not intended to have dual graphics cards. And you just listed a $2.300 laptop. The Air starts at $899, and for students the pro retina starts at $1.199

I think there would be to many haters.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Thinkpad, either not as portable, or 4GB of ram. I'm talking spec for spec BETTER QUALITY, because everyone's argument is that macs are stupid over priced. Really if we're going by all the anti apple circlejerkers I want to see a laptop with the same specs and build quality that blows apple out of the water by their claims.

And I'm pretty sure his was referb too. Though it would be nice if you actually gave a solid well reasoned argument instead of your CLEAR bias. You're just saying words, your argument is flawed and you have no justifications for what you say

Comparing Thinkpads to Macbook Pro, spec for spec, Thinkpads are just as solidly built, if not better, at a lower price. Macbook air isn't in the same class of device as a Thinkpad. There's a reason why Thinkpads are used in space and other rugged environments. 

If you think Thinkpads are "not as portable", you have no idea what you're talking about. 

The people who are deluding themselves into thinking Apple is the god of build quality are just as clearly biased as open Apple haters. 

Comparing Thinkpads to Macbook Pro, spec for spec, Thinkpads are just as solidly built, if not better, at a lower price. Macbook air isn't in the same class of device as a Thinkpad. There's a reason why Thinkpads are used in space and other rugged environments. 

If you think Thinkpads are "not as portable", you have no idea what you're talking about. 

The people who are deluding themselves into thinking Apple is the god of build quality are just as clearly biased as open Apple haters. 

I'm not going to bother talking to you anymore because you clearly don't read my posts. I EXPLICITLY stated that I don't think apple is the best thing on the planet, but you clearly think they're shit and you have no real proof to back it up, you've neglected to provide a solid argument against it and instead you're blindly fanboying windows machines. 

For example in what way is "There's a reason why Thinkpads are used in space" a well reasoned argument for why thinkpads are better for the everyday student or professional? You're not arguing with me you're arguing complete nonsense.

What proof do you have that "Thinkpads are just as solidly built, if not better" other than what you say which if your posts have proved anything has no merit.

The forum isn't unfairly biased. You could go on a mac forum as a PC user and everyone would think you're horrible for not using a mac. If you go on a PC forum, most people will be pc users/elitists.

May I quote

*ahem*

"Though, it's based off people who love building PCs from scratch, so it makes sense"

I'm not going to bother talking to you anymore because you clearly don't read my posts. I EXPLICITLY stated that I don't think apple is the best thing on the planet, but you clearly think they're shit and you have no real proof to back it up, you've neglected to provide a solid argument against it and instead you're blindly fanboying windows machines. 

For example in what way is "There's a reason why Thinkpads are used in space" a well reasoned argument for why thinkpads are better for the everyday student or professional? You're not arguing with me you're arguing complete nonsense.

What proof do you have that "Thinkpads are just as solidly built, if not better" other than what you say which if your posts have proved anything has no merit.

1) Not in recent posts, but fine.

2) Way to do the exact thing you accuse me of doing. I've already explicitly stated in previous posts, which you quoted directly, that I think Apple products are actually well made, and provided an example of one that's better. There's PLENTY of evidence of Thinkpads being better with a quick Google search, especially if you know the rigorous testing procedure that Lenovo uses (no other laptop manufacturer does the same level of testing). 

3) Thinkpads being used in space shows how versatile and reliable they are. In space, there are no service calls. The system has to keep working without maintenance. You're saying that won't benefit the average student or professional? Fine. 

http://www.lenovo.com/news/us/en/2009/02/rugged_computing.html

A video showing the procedure being done:

Plus countless anecdotal evidence. The entire business and professional community (the real laptop power users) swear by Thinkpads. 

http://www.ebay.com/gds/Why-I-Like-Thinkpads-Best-/10000000001889378/g.html

Another video of their Thinkcentre being tested the same way as their Thinkpad line: 

More on their testing methodology: 

http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2012-11-26/news/35364792_1_thinkpads-mount-everest-laptops

You wanted evidence, you got it.

I dare you to tell me again that I'm "blindly fanboying Windows machines" when I'm actually not an advocate of Windows at all. 

The biggest reason there isn't a Mac thread is because it will inevitably end up with people arguing about the pros and cons of Macs vs PCs. That said, I feel the need to add my $0.02 to the whole Mac vs PC thing that's going on here. Yes I am part of the problem but at least I recognize that fact.

Apple makes beautiful machines. Just look at any Apple computer and tell me they do not look aesthetically pleasing. (You would be lying) On top of that, they make very high quality and easy to use software programs like Final Cut Pro X and Garageband. Perhaps their software is not perfect for professionals, but it is great for people who want an intermediate step between the crappy or hard to use freeware out there and professional grade software that costs upwards of $1000. 

That said, the bulk of the debate between Macs and PCs is about the performance/price ratio, the actual hardware under the hood, or their lack of support for games; so follow very closely when I say(write) the following: MACS ARE NOT INTENDED FOR GAMING! They have never been designed as such and have never been advertised as such. The parts under the hood are designed for things like video and photo editing and a very smooth user experience, things that don't require a high end gaming GPU but do require high speed RAM, a powerful processor and more workstation grade GPUs (something many Macs have). And while the price/performance ratio is rather biased towards price, particularly on their lower end machines, higher end machines such as the Mac Pro and higher spec laptops only give Apple ~$200 of profit margin for the parts themselves. 

I won't lie, their philosophy does have flaws. Cooling is never given a priority in their machines. My iMac (yes, I own an iMac, sue me) idles at 45-50 degrees Celsius and will thermal throttle under full load if I don't keep my room adequately cooled. The same applies to many Apple laptops as Apple insists on making their machines look like they don't use cooling at all and usually uses a small heatsink, a single fan, and restrictive vents to keep their systems cooled. Their OS is rather locked down which may not appeal to PC enthusiasts like us (yes I get pissed about it too) but that isn't their target audience. They target people who don't care about a locked down OS and just want a simple and intuitive user experience, something that most users like over Windows' occasionally finicky operation.

Just accept that much like Apple computers aren't for many of us, there are other who's usage styles and preferences are a perfect match for a Mac. And there are others, like myself, that use both systems and have our gripes with both equally. Macs, just like PCs, are not for everyone, and that's okay.

I've built 3 PC's, but none for myself... In fact, I'm using an iMac that my dad bought for me as my desktop. Awkward...

Please don't say "SSD drive." By doing so, you are literally saying "Solid State Drive Drive" and causing my brain cells to commit suicide. The same applies to HDD (Hard Disk Drive) and PCIe (Peripheral Component Interconnect Express).

There is reason to like a mac - they have very nice build quality and very high ease of use, while their OS is not for me I have suggested them to specific people many times... a macbook pro retina dual booting windows and linux would be my favorite laptop... blind hatred of mac doesn't help anything

I read that at first without looking at who posted it, an when I looked back I realized it was Slick. I thought it was just an average poster  :P

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

Macs are Personal Computers so they simply do not need their own sub forum.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

I agree with this statement, blind hatred of something is one reason why I avoided tech forums but luckily this forum has allot of people who aren't blind.

Personally I think that there is no better OS than Mac OS X, Its strong Unix underpinning, strong developer community and stability makes the extra money for a Mac worth it.

I still think Linux and Windows has its place, infact I'd hate to see either of them disappear, Linux has compatibility with older hardware leasing new life into them and Windows is a powerhouse for gaming. (I'm talking about general consumers not enterprise/business use)

Now a Mac Section would be nice but it can fit into existing sections as Macs are PCs simple as that, they run different software yes but hardware ... no. 

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage