Why isn't there a section for MAC?

Cokeman

I know this is a mostly PC based forum but I don't see why there isn't a MAC section.

I know this is a mostly PC based forum but I don't see why there isn't a MAC section.

A mac is a PC!

- teamspeak.ltt-unofficial.com

- teamspeak.ltt-unofficial.net

- teamschnitzel.ltt-unofficial.com

- teamschnitzel.ltt-unofficial.net

cpu: Intel sandybridge-E 3930k @ 4.2Ghz

cooler: corsair h100 @ full speed push-pull

motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Extreme

gpu: 2x EVGA GTX660's & 1x EVGA GTX980

ssd: 2x samsung 256GB 840 pro raid 0

ssd: 1x samsung 1TB 840 evo

hdd: WD green 3TB

hdd: Seagate Barracuda 1TB (st1000dm003)

hdd: Seagate Barracuda 1TB (st31000520as)

psu: corsair ax1200i

ram: 8x 4GB corsair platinum @1866mhz

case: coolermaster cosmos II

monitors Main: 8x LG 22EA53 1080p 60hz

monitor Extra: 1xiiyama prolite G2773Hs 1080p 120hz 27"

keyboard: logitech g19

mouse: corsair m60

Lenovo T550

RaspBerry pi webserver:

Nas:

StatusOffline.

PC straight to the modem/router/switch/DHCP-Server/... with a 20cm (+-8inch) cat6a patch cable because same price as cat5.

ISP: Telenet (belgium)

Speed: 60Down-4Up (+- 45€/month)

ping to there servers: +-8ms

ping to other Belgians: +-12ms

- wheels for cosmos II

Because people don't like them.Expensive and way too overpriced for what they deliver

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

Because macs are overpriced and nobody should use them.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Because they are macs that is why

CPU: i7 8700k Motherboard: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming RAM: 4x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro (2 white, 2 black) GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor Case: Corsair Crystal 570x White HDD: 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm Sata 3 SSD: 240GB Corsair Force 3 + 500GB Samsung 970 Evo Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series™ H150i PSU: Corsair RM750i OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Mouse: Logitech G600 Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown Monitor: Samsung S24C570L 1080p 23.6" + AOC AGON 240Hz 1080p Sound: HyperX Cloud Headset Black/Red + Logitech Z213 Speakers 2.1

There is reason to like a mac - they have very nice build quality and very high ease of use, while their OS is not for me I have suggested them to specific people many times... a macbook pro retina dual booting windows and linux would be my favorite laptop... blind hatred of mac doesn't help anything

because there isnt a specific one for windows either

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

There is reason to like a mac - they have very nice build quality and very high ease of use, while they are not for me I have suggested them to specific people many times... a macbook pro retina dual booting windows and linux would be my favorite laptop...

if only i could afford that

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

There is reason to like a mac - they have very nice build quality and very high ease of use, while they are not for me I have suggested them to specific people many times... a macbook pro retina dual booting windows and linux would be my favorite laptop...

Thank you Slick

"Operating Systems and Software" - open to anything

"Mobile Devices" - open to anything

The almighty overlord has spoken. Return to normal routine people!

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

2 things. 1, no need, their is already appropriate sections, 2 it's Mac not MAC

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

There is reason to like a mac - they have very nice build quality and very high ease of use, while their OS is not for me I have suggested them to specific people many times... a macbook pro retina dual booting windows and linux would be my favorite laptop... blind hatred of mac doesn't help anything

LUKE I LOVE YOU. YOU HAVE BECOME MY FAVOURITE

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

Also might add even more segregation between Mac users and pc or whatever you'd call it.

There is no "PC" section either.  Both are types of computers, and are welcome anywhere on the forum.  Even "PC Gaming" is meant in a general sense of gaming on computers as opposed to consoles or mobile devices, rather than "Windows Gaming" (although most games are for Windows so that ends up being the most common talk in the section)

Cmon slick...yes the quality is nice and the design is futuristic,beautiful and simple but out there you can find very nice cases like In Win 904 to replace that design.Sadly can't disagree on the build quality even if i own a htc m8 i had a iphone4 and is working even now as new.And i believe that you can find a laptop just as good for less money.

The truth is that i am angry because i can't justify the cost of these products from apple i fine then as i said way to expensive for what they deliver.Give me a good reason why i should buy from apple and what make them so special.Is it really worth after all?

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

I have a Macbook air and I love it very thin and light. One thing that I like about it is how fast it charges. I put it on charge 25min ago it went from dead to 50%.

"Operating Systems and Software" - open to anything

"Mobile Devices" - open to anything

Give this man a cookie!

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

I like my iMac g4, so pretty

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Quick! Lock it before it starts!

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Cmon slick...yes the quality is nice and the design is futuristic,beautiful and simple but out there you can find very nice cases like In Win 904 to replace that design.Sadly can't disagree on the build quality even if i own a htc m8 i had a iphone4 and is working even now as new.And i believe that you can find a laptop just as good for less money.

The truth is that i am angry because i can't justify the cost of these products from apple i fine then as i said way to expensive for what they deliver.Give me a good reason why i should buy from apple and what make them so special.Is it really worth after all?

Then don't buy them. I'm not trying to make you buy one... I have never owned an Apple product other than ear pods which were given to me for free(no, not even an old school ipod... I had a Creative Zen). Apple is a leader in build quality and they have shown more than once that many companies(in certain sectors) will be happy to produce sub-par products unless there is a quality front runner. Competition is good!

Then there are the people that simply want Mac OS - Again... this is not for either of us - but there are people out there that like the feel, the design, the hand holding style, etc... it doesn't matter if you can't justify it for yourself, it's not for you

I could go on but I hope you are able to understand at this point and I'd rather get back to other things

Because we already have enough god damn subforums :D

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Do a comparison between a MacBook Pro and an equivalent Dell laptop. For instance a 13" MacBook Air w/ i5 CPU, 8gB RAM, and 128GB PCIe flash storage compared to Dell XPS 13 with same type of CPU, RAM, and storage. Mac = $1099 and Dell = $1149.99. The Dell is more expensive, has an inferior build quality, virtually zero resale value after 2 years use, inferior graphics card and has a terrible trackpad. Sure the Dell has a touch screen but all the cons and extra cost are deal breakers. I'd buy the Mac.

But I would rather build a desktop PC than buy an Apple desktop for gaming. My daughter in grad school on the other hand uses software optimized for the new MacPro.

Moral: There are myths about Mac costs and sometimes you do need the Mac OS and can only get it one way (legally).

To be honest, Apple makes good computers, it's just that the simplicity, lack of access and lack of availability of any enthusiast-grade parts along with the extravagant prices they charge are things that turn people like us off from them. I mean, when is the last time anyone saw an actual gaming-grade graphics card on a Mac?

I can, will and often do rant and rave for days about the disadvantages of Macs, but I can do the same for any number of prebuilt home PCs, those actually piss me off more than macs. At least macs for the most part are built well. HP makes horrible tin plastic cans of second-rate trash, and so does Gateway-- [sacrifices a pig to Linus as penance for uttering the GW word]

Don't get me wrong, I still hate Apple, but I hate other things a lot more. For the avoidance of doubt, I will list the advantages and disadvantages of macs.
Advantages:
Most user-friendly OS ever -- Using OSX is a pleasant experience to say the least, at least when I'm not feeling... hacky.
Aesthetically pleasing to a fault -- All macs look sick, with the exception of the Mac Pro, which looks like a coke zero can.
High-quality parts -- only the best.

Solid build quality -- everyone knows Macbooks are tanks.
Good customer service -- our iMac has suffered two hard drive failures and a motherboard death. We haven't had to pay a cent for their repair under that protection plan thingy.

Disadvantages:
Borderline non-upgradeable -- most people have it done for them, and more often than not the people who do upgrade it themselves are PC enthusiasts.
Operating system is nice, but is also extremely resource-heavy. All those shiny graphical effects on Intel HD graphics? It really bogs things down.
Expensive -- seriously, I will bet you anywhere that for the price that you paid for your Mac, I can find parts for and build a machine that looks better and is several times more powerful, perhaps even two of them.
Underpowered -- It doesn't matter how much better your dual-core haswell i5 Macbook Air is in single-threads, my two-year-old A10 will crush it in multiple threads and lay waste to even the HD5000 graphics on an i7 without breaking a sweat. Don't believe me? let's have a go, I have done this before.
Poor cooling -- Apple insists on making all but their most powerful computers passively cooled, effectively relying on the aluminium shell to spread the heat. Bad idea.

If Macs had the option of a high-end dGPU, more of us would be able to justify the cost, but with GPU prices the way they are it makes much more sense to just buy a graphics card and stick it in our PC.

In the end, to answer your question of why there isn't a Mac section... This is a tech forum, full of computer enthusiasts who all share a passion for building computers that are more powerful than anything sold on the consumer market, and it's not all we talk about, either. There are lots of other tech-related things that we talk about for hours and hours, easily. Macs don't really have a place here. They are simply nicely-built and expensive consumer products for the... well I was going to say normal people, but let's be straight with one another -- the filthy casuals who want a simple, easy to use computer that only lets them do what they need to do because that's all they need to do. There's not really a whole lot else to talk about macs. We on the other hand do not like being restricted in what we can do with computers. We like to overclock everything and do everything we can to squeeze as much performance out of our brain children as we can because we can. A lot of us are also gamers. You can easily game on a PC, you can't do that on a Mac, there's just no hardware for it. Computers are our hobby. Macs... stop us from doing our hobby. That's all there is to it, really.