Sony 'actively pushing' for 60FPS/1080p with PS4

AdamThePole

Discussing the differences between PS4 and Xbox One with Eurogamer, Stewart Gilray, who is working on a secret PS4 game at Just Add Water, said:

"We might see slightly smoother framerates on PS4. We're working with Sony right now, and they're trying to actively push 60 frames per second, 1080p."

The article continues to state how the PS4 may lower game details in order to achieve 60fps, and states that because of this some games may look slightly worse than on XBOX ONE. Which do you guys think they'll go for, lower details at 60fps or higher details at 30fps?  

Source: http://www.videogamer.com/news/sony_actively_pushing_for_60fps_1080p_with_ps4.html

EDIT: Poll now added! 

#KILLEDMYWIFE

depends on the game, fps and combat games i prefer 60 fps (maybe also sport and racing games) otherwise 30 fps with higher details 

i dont really mind the only reason i would get one would be for infamous

I hope they go for 60p versus slightly higher visual fidelity.

Or better yet (crazy concept) let people choose like they can on PC!!!! It's basically a PC in there anyway...

i actually didnt think of that, there could be only one option in each game where you can choose higher fidelity or lower, maybe even medium too(crazy, right?! :P )

Or better yet (crazy concept) let people choose like they can on PC!!!! It's basically a PC in there anyway...

I agreee

Join TEAM LTT in the fight against COVID-19 with F@H & BOINC ~ My EOC Folding Stats ~ My F@H Stats ~ My BOINC Stats

Daily Driver: i7-8086/32GB RAM/500GB SSD/4TB HDD/RTX2070/PG279Q

Unraid Server: 2700X/32GB RAM/750GB RAW SSD/22TB RAW HDD/GTX 1050

Definitely 60fps. I cannot play consoles with my dad because of the gross clunky 30fps. Or........I could just keep playing on my gaming pc =D

Great Idea.

Team Carl

Yeah if I had a PS4 the idea to choose would be awesome.

Otherwise 60fps is defo the way to go. I mean the way aiming sucks at 30 vs 60 is just arghh.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

The article continues to state how the PS4 may lower game details in order to achieve 60fps, and states that because of this some games may look slightly worse than on XBOX ONE. Which do you guys think they'll go for, lower details at 60fps or higher details at 30fps?  

Source: http://www.videogamer.com/news/sony_actively_pushing_for_60fps_1080p_with_ps4.html

Actually the Raw power of the ps4 was supposed to be more powerful that the Xbox one and Wii u because they aren't throwing money on a kinect and a tablet controller so they have more money for the actual power of the console. Same graphics of Xbox one and wii u and 60fps. 

After building my pc, 30fps looks waay to choppy

Based on my experience with assassins creed revelations on the ps3 i would say i greatly prefer 60fps. There is a huge difference. Also with consoles gamers i don't think they would really care about the graphics but i think they would notice the fluidity with a higher frame rate.

|i5 3570k @4.4Ghz | Asus Maximus V Gene | 8gb Corsair XMS3 | 2 x MSI HD7970 OC @ 1175mhz | 512gb Crucial M4 | Corsair AX750 | Fractal Design Define Mini | Dell P2416D 

If the game is being developed for PC too, that's plausible. Otherwise the devs would probably see it as too much work.

why no 40-45fps with better visual fidelity like high rez textures or better AA. at 30fps sometimes the gameplay can look choppy

Really good approach. Although it's surely easier to market uber fancy graphics, that 60 fps to console purists ^^

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

I think a choice would be a great idea.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k  GPU: Sapphire R9 290 TRI-X OC

Actually the Raw power of the ps4 was supposed to be more powerful that the Xbox one and Wii u because they aren't throwing money on a kinect and a tablet controller so they have more money for the actual power of the console. Same graphics of Xbox one and wii u and 60fps. 

After building my pc, 30fps looks waay to choppy

That's also my understanding. From what I got from the article, the dev was stating that Microsoft isn't pushing for 60 fps, so the XBOX ONE may play the same game with higher detail settings but at 30fps. Why not throw another curveball into the mix; what about upscaled 720p (like PS3 and XBOX 360) with highest details at 60fps? 

#KILLEDMYWIFE

They did this with Bioshock 1 on console. It was an option just the same as any visual effect a pc would normally have. It was an awesome feature

cant they do both???? :P if not i would like 60 fps cause on my pc i turn down settings to get 60 fps. and im no a 660M lol

I don't mind a stable 30fps if the game is not too intensive.

+1 for letting the user decides.

60 FPS. I preffer a smooth experience (although I'm not buying a console :P)

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

60fps, 30 is just unacceptible. Although ideally they should give us ingame settings and way to monitor fps like on PC !! :D 

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

I'm for 60 fps personally, but the PS4 is more powerful and has much more memory for use by games so I doubt the quality drop will be very noticeable.

To the OP should add a poll so we can see how many people would rather 30fps  

I'm for 60 fps personally, but the PS4 is more powerful and has much more memory for use by games so I doubt the quality drop will be very noticeable.

To the OP should add a poll so we can see how many people would rather 30fps  

Done! 

#KILLEDMYWIFE