Why am I so self-conscious about my myself?

JoshK

So Ive been wanting to make a youtube channel about tech because I love computers, review things tutorials helping people etc. and theres not any tech people in my school I can talk to so this would kind of feed my tech addiction. I would be doing it as a hobby. Ive been working on the first video, about the Dos and Donts of builing a computer. I have what I want to say lined up and the appopriate editing software (Premier Pro) to make a good looking informative video about things I would have liked to know when I built my first PC. Anyways, when I record the video and rewatch it all I can think about is how stupid I look. I have been bulied at school before which I think may play into that as in people hating on my videos saying that I look stupid etc. Should I just ignore that and just make the damn thing and post it and not care? Thanks, I wouldnt exactly say I look bad, but to myself I do haha Im a confusing person :P

Just don't do a face cam if you thin you look bad

I feel the same way, though I have learned to just post the videos anyways, if people don't like them then they don't have to watch them, but I'm sure there is an audience out there that will watch your videos. (I too have been bullied)

Youtube trolls are complete assholes, don't worry about them, if someone starts trying to troll you then just ban them from your channel and block them.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

If you don't feel too comfortable, just upload it. Ignore anyone who bashes on you and just take a leap of faith. I felt that way and never took a "selfie" for SC, now I do all the time lol

Boogie2988 is exceedingly fat, that is one thing people love to bag on and look where he is.

Fuck what you look like it isn't important in order to succeed, it's been proven.

Just put it out there. At first, most people find even the sound of their own voice cringeworthy! The more you do the more comfortable you'll be with yourself. Just make sure it is content you are proud of and over time you'll find your style that makes your videos unique. There will be people who want to watch your videos. Just practice a ton and get used to seeing your face and hearing your voice. That way you can focus on making great content. I think above all else, put your videos out there because many people have the potential to make great videos but always find an excuse not to. That makes it difficult to get started, so the more you put out there the easier it will get. :)

Feel free to take my advice with a grain of salt.

Don't do facecams

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I feel the same way, though I have learned to just post the videos anyways, if people don't like them then they don't have to watch them, but I'm sure there is an audience out there that will watch your videos. (I too have been bullied)

Youtube trolls are complete assholes, don't worry about them, if someone starts trying to troll you then just ban them from your channel and block them.

Whats your youtube channel? Also thanks a lot :D haha I usually do just ignore people but when its myself judging myself I just cant do it. I dont even know how some people do it

Just put it out there. At first, most people find even the sound of their own voice cringeworthy! The more you do the more comfortable you'll be with yourself. Just make sure it is content you are proud of and over time you'll find your style that makes your videos unique. There will be people who want to watch your videos. Just practice a ton and get used to seeing your face and hearing your voice. That way you can focus on making great content. I think above all else, put your videos out there because many people have the potential to make great videos but always find an excuse not to. That makes it difficult to get started, so the more you put out there the easier it will get. :)

Feel free to take my advice with a grain of salt.

i take your advice with 1000000000 grains of salt because it makes a lot of sense. :)

If you don't want you face showen on youtube check out SingularityComputers.

His style allows him to show off his PC builds without showing his face.

We all think we look weird when we see ourselves on camera, because it's different from looking in the mirror.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

Whats your youtube channel? Also thanks a lot :D haha I usually do just ignore people but when its myself judging myself I just cant do it. I dont even know how some people do it

http://youtube.com/bdthekdub

If you don't want you face showen on youtube check out SingularityComputers.

His style allows him to show off his PC builds without showing his face.

We all think we look weird when we see ourselves on camera, because it's different from looking in the mirror.

What if you think you look weird even in a mirror?

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

i take your advice with 1000000000 grains of salt because it makes a lot of sense. :)

People beat in negative thoughts, beat in the positive ones now. Even if you were actually incredibly ugly to some peoples opinions, or fat, the fuck does it matter? You're YOU. There's nothing that you can do but love who you are, embrace it, and if you have negative things like weight, focus on a positive way to correct it, get comfortable infront of a camera, practice practice practice, and make sure you ignore youtube comments, the majority of them are rude to everyone. period. also the weights just an example not implying anything as i have no idea what you look like.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boogie2988 is exceedingly fat, that is one thing people love to bag on and look where he is.

Fuck what you look like it isn't important in order to succeed, it's been proven.

Boogie is actually a fantastic example for this.

He is someone that is passionate about what he is talking about and gives little to no s**ts about what people think about him. Hell he even actively adresses the things that people bag on him about :D

You'll need pretty thick skin to get stuff done on youtube though OP. And you might have to go through a couple of re-recordings of what you want to make before you are happy with it.

Accept constructive criticism. Ignore the trolls and just keep on moving forward if you really want to do it. And if you do. Good luck

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

So Ive been wanting to make a youtube channel about tech because I love computers, review things tutorials helping people etc. and theres not any tech people in my school I can talk to so this would kind of feed my tech addiction. I would be doing it as a hobby. Ive been working on the first video, about the Dos and Donts of builing a computer. I have what I want to say lined up and the appopriate editing software (Premier Pro) to make a good looking informative video about things I would have liked to know when I built my first PC. Anyways, when I record the video and rewatch it all I can think about is how stupid I look. I have been bulied at school before which I think may play into that as in people hating on my videos saying that I look stupid etc. Should I just ignore that and just make the damn thing and post it and not care? Thanks, I wouldnt exactly say I look bad, but to myself I do haha Im a confusing person :P

Go to the gym, you'll gain more confidence in the process.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

Quality content is the most important thing. Your content needs to be easy to consume for viewers, and having thick skin is a must because youtube is a place filled with many, many trolls(no shit its on the internet). 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

If you think you are hideous, first take a look at this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpBrkbr2GBU

Now answer the following question.  Are you better looking or worse looking than the first guest?

If better looking, then take heart that no matter how bestial and salt turning your visage may be, it's not as bad as her.

If worse looking... I am so sorry, I have only made things worse.  Do not off yourself, there is still hope that as you age things will turn around.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

"Why am I so self-conscious about my myself?"

Low self esteem, poor self image and low self confidence. 

Why you are  self conscious isn't the hard part, fixing it is. Good luck, can't really help you on how to help, just gotta believe in yourself. 

bullying may happen when they couldn't be brave enough to show up on internet!

An average looking person with lots of self esteem will always be higher regarded than someone who has lots of beauty, but with self esteem. 

Let's take Linus. He's a short nerdy Canadian that used to have his comments flooded with questions such as "Is Linus gay?" Now look where ihe s these days with the views and support from fans. Linus' attitude is what got the fans in the first place. Let's take another popular channel where the main focus is putting bacon on top of bacon, some people might find that gross, but that doesn't stop Epic Meal Time from being very popular.