Something New from AMD on the 23rd?

Deletive

Who said the 2xx series? I mean AMD's soon-to-be efficient-as-fuck GPUs and possibly CPUs.

? I never meant the Rx 2xx series... It's also a bit logical since you're putting basically a GPU + CPU on the same chip (under the same heat spreader), which would supposedly make it hotter...

But it would be cool to see their top of the line APU have an AIO...

I'm also looking forward to what they'll be releasing...

I guess it could be a r9 285x2 but i don't know, but i would be interested in what they would be releasing. 

I guess it could be a r9 285x2 but i don't know, but i would be interested in what they would be releasing. 

It's either going to be some crazy 30th anniversary thing or: If you look at the picture, ALL those graphicscards are either highest end dual GPU, highest end single GPU or first technology cards. I can't imagine it would only be a 285x. It might be a 295x or something.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

It's either going to be some crazy 30th anniversary thing or: If you look at the picture, ALL those graphicscards are either highest end dual GPU, highest end single GPU or first technology cards. I can't imagine it would only be a 285x. It might be a 295x or something.

first directx 12 card? But directx 12 hasn't been released yet.

This wild idea just popped in my head:

295x4... (4 290xs on a single board)

Give me 300 series talk and better 1440p/4K support off of a single card.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

first directx 12 card? But directx 12 hasn't been released yet.

Any GCN card supports DX12... Mantle is part of the renderer Direct3D12.

Any GCN card supports DX12... Mantle is part of the renderer Direct3D12.

Please don't spread conjecture. We have no solid proof Mantle is in DX12. DX12 has been sitting in the oven for years, before AMD tried to make Mantle a thing.

Oh boy, AMD and their marketing.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

Please don't spread conjecture. We have no solid proof Mantle is in DX12. DX12 has been sitting in the oven for years, before AMD tried to make Mantle a thing.

He says it every single time he gets the chance. He probably thinks that if he says it enough times it will become true.

Like I always says, don't get your hopes up people. It's better to have your extremely low expectations exceeded than to have your stupidly high expectations not met.

I am expecting a Radeon branded toaster.

You have more proofs that Microsoft is using Mantle then DX12 (I loved this one) "has been sitting in the over for years". LOL!

You have more proofs that Microsoft is using Mantle then DX12 (I loved this one) "has been sitting in the over for years". LOL!

You made the original claim, the burden of proof is on you.

Or do they not teach that in kindergarten anymore?

The post could have read "amd updates the logo they use" and you'd still have 300 people saying its going to catch on fire or if you could heat your house with it.

its.getting.old.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

You made the original claim, the burden of proof is on you.

Or do they not teach that in kindergarten anymore?

Oh somone is mad xD

It's ok - check the other post I've shown enough proofs. You guys rely on a single quote from NVIDIA - wich to you fanboys is pretty much the word of Our Lord and Savior Jesus to the C-Christ in the Christian World. 

CAN I GET AN AMEN?!

The post could have read "amd updates the logo they use" and you'd still have 300 people saying its going to catch on fire or if you could heat your house with it.

its.getting.old.

old but still true. I am a intel guy normally but for the pc of a friend I have built it with a amd apu this shit is burning 70C on stress test like non stop while my intel is 40C on stress test so yeah it's burning. But I don't find it's a problem either so yeah.... Still amd jokes are fun don't be upset about them guys it's true that amd processor heat a lot so what it's almost free heating in winter and on summer a fan do the trick to keep the room fresh

Oh somone is mad xD

It's ok - check the other post I've shown enough proofs. You guys rely on a single quote from NVIDIA - wich to you fanboys is pretty much the word of Our Lord and Savior Jesus to the C-Christ in the Christian World. 

CAN I GET AN AMEN?!

Which post is that? You've posted nothing in this thread that shows any proof. Got a link?

Which post is that? You've posted nothing in this thread that shows any proof. Got a link?

It's on this thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/196655-direct-x-12-on-ms-surface-intel-apu/

Take into account I was talking to a huge fanboy, so you have to be patitent... it goes on for quite a while and sometimes I have to use BOLD and COLORS to help the poor fella understand. Yet he still ignores technical evidence and says that he doesn't trust any PR, yet he bases his own theory on PR... it's not a pretty sight.

it will be the tonga gpu(285/285X) the firepro version of that gpu has released last week

new FX cpus only for december maybe

it will be the tonga gpu(285/285X) the firepro version of that gpu has released last week

new FX cpus only for december maybe

FX isn't seeing any change until 2016, sorry. It's APUs all the way to 20nm and then getting back to FX.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

It's on this thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/196655-direct-x-12-on-ms-surface-intel-apu/

Take into account I was talking to a huge fanboy, so you have to be patitent... it goes on for quite a while and sometimes I have to use BOLD and COLORS to help the poor fella understand. Yet he still ignores technical evidence and says that he doesn't trust any PR, yet he bases his own theory on PR... it's not a pretty sight.

Do you want to get banned? Cause thats how you get banned. 

But thats none of my business. 

Let's all calm down. Yes, Microsoft implemented some parts of Mantle in its Direct3D code. That is already confirmed. More importantly: what sort of performance and (hopefully) power efficiency gains will this bring? I hate OpenCL boiler plate code. It's the hardest thing to design from the beginning, and changes to it undo weeks of development (again, I love CUDA). If this can fix some of those issues I will happily join the more cross-platform language.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Let's all calm down. Yes, Microsoft implemented some parts of Mantle in its Direct3D code. That is already confirmed. More importantly: what sort of performance and (hopefully) power efficiency gains will this bring? I hate OpenCL boiler plate code. It's the hardest thing to design from the beginning, and changes to it undo weeks of development (again, I love CUDA). If this can fix some of those issues I will happily join the more cross-platform language.

I'm not saying I disagree, but bogus comes into every thread spouting this like he is some prophet of truth, it got tiresome in that last thread and its already getting tiresome here. 

Aaaah so now you a somehow threatning me? LOL

You worry too much: about me not getting banned, about Mantle being part of D3D12, about FreeSync, about pretty much anything that is against what NVIDIA trys to shove down some fanboys throats.

If I get banned, then what about the non stopping circle jerking that goes on in here? Console hate; EA hate; AMD hate; Shall I continue? - because I can find quotes of yours being part of this non-informative speech. On every single post there is circle jerking, and all I did was provide some evidence that Mantle is in fact present in the new D3D12.