Sharp enters the US market again with an almost bezel-less Phone

Dietrichw

Source

aquoscristalx.jpg

The Japanese electronics giant just pulled back the curtain on a pair of smartphones that barely have bezels, and one of them is slated to land here sooner or later. Sharp's Aquos Crystal X is the more impressive of the two -- aside from the fact that there's hardly any material running around its 5.5-inch 1080p display, there's a 2.3GHz Snapdragon 801 ticking away inside its 10mm thick chassis. Alas, it's the less-powerful Aquos Crystal that's expected find its way stateside. There still aren't any bezels to speak of, but it packs a comparatively paltry 1.2GHz Snapdragon 400 and a 5-inch 720p display -- expect the price tag to reflect those decidedly mid-range ambitions.

and the phone will be available on Sprint's network

that bezel makes my hands hurt.

I don't approve the idea of making phones super super thin and with smaller bezels as it makes it harder to hold the darn thing.

That looks so nice.

Stuff I have I like: Moto G - Superlux HD681 Evo - Monoprice 9927

90% of what I say is sarcasm.

where am i going to hold the phone in portret mode? 

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

Smaller bezel = Good.

Extremely Thin = Bad.

Yes totally agree with you. Even the Z2 is too thin without a case for my taste.

The bottom part of the phone looks ugly. I like the way LG did the bezels on the G3. Just the material isn't that great.

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

Yeah... That screen better be made of diamonds. As much as I love borderless screens, this would be too brittle.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

Don't forget the pricing, it's only 239$ without contract, though from sprint only for now.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Too thin to even to put protective case on without covering the screen.

Don't forget the pricing, it's only 239$ without contract, though from sprint only for now.

I believe it's $239 for the Aquas Crystal and not the Crystal X. Which isn't that great of a price for a Snapdragon 400 and 720p phone.