Liquid cooled iphone samung and htc !

After Xperia Z2 this thing seems to be catching on.

Apple, Samsung and HTC are planning on liquid cooled smart phones!!!

The race to take the title of "World's Most Advanced Smartphone" is drivingApple [AAPL], Samsung and HTC to explore increasingly advanced technologies, with a Digitimes report claiming all three firms are working to develop liquid cooled smartphones in order to boost power efficiency.

Source: http://blogs.computerworld.com/smartphones/22350/apple-planning-liquid-cooled-iphone-and-so-are-samsung-and-htc

i hope this includes a 240mm rad, ow wait -.- :D

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

Awesome, heatpipe technology is very clever and beneficial 

stupidest thing I've heard.

Its a liquid filled heatpipe, its not like a custom look or anything :P it has no moving parts, just a conductive metal tube filled with liquid that constantly evaporates and condenses thus cooling the phone

Phones need this a lot, I was playing a game on my iphone for an hour the other day and It was as hot as the sun to hold

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

After Xperia Z2 this thing seems to be catching on.

Apple, Samsung and HTC are planning on liquid cooled smart phones!!!

Source: http://blogs.computerworld.com/smartphones/22350/apple-planning-liquid-cooled-iphone-and-so-are-samsung-and-htc

The Xperia Z2 was water PROOF not water cooled. Also, it wouldn't and won't work.

1) Tubing might be dislodged in pocket

2) The phones would be insanely bulky

3) Replacing the cooling fluid would be immensely frustrating

4) The reservoir in the phones would have to be microscopic so not only is replacing fluid more difficult but it would also have to be done more often

5) Water cooling is for enthusiasts only - For the purposes of overclocking and keeping your system silent, what advantage would there be to a water cooled smartphone?

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

The Xperia Z2 was water PROOF not water cooled. Also, it wouldn't and won't work.

4) The reservoir in the phones would have to be microscopic so not only is replacing fluid more difficult but it would also have to be done more often

5) Water cooling is for enthusiasts only - For the purposes of overclocking and keeping your system silent, what advantage would there be to a water cooled smartphone?

youre thinking about it the wrong way.

they put water in the heat pipes, and let the process of heating and cooling move the water

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

youre thinking about it the wrong way.

they put water in the heat pipes, and let the process of heating and cooling move the water

All the other points still stand

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

... are they high?

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

no you don't get it... there's no "tubing" except for the heat pipes. This is not that bulky at all if done right(which it probably will). There's no replacing of fluid as water evaporates and condenses with no loss. There is no reservoir. You're thinking of Water Cooling in PC's right now but you honestly don't need much for a phone since you're not going to be using it for hours on end like you would use a PC so you don't need a lot of maintenance for Water Cooling on a phone.

no...

Look i could run through the maths and fysics, but im too lazy and it vacation

water has a high heat capacity, so you'd put a lot of heat in water for it just to heat up 1°C, even if there is 10 times less water then metal in contact with the processor, its still be cooler, 

copper has 380 J *  KG * K

and water has 4186 J * kg * K

so the water would absorb more heat then the copper

thats one advantage down

reservoir? it wont have one

tubing? it will be fricking copper heatpipes with water in it... no bending going to happen

replacing fluid? how many times do you do that with an AIO? ow wait, you dont either

Please, come again?

no you don't get it... there's no "tubing" except for the heat pipes. This is not that bulky at all if done right(which it probably will). There's no replacing of fluid as water evaporates and condenses with no loss. There is no reservoir. You're thinking of Water Cooling in PC's right now but you honestly don't need much for a phone since you're not going to be using it for hours on end like you would use a PC so you don't need a lot of maintenance for Water Cooling on a phone.

someone who gets it?

kudos to you sir

not really direct at any one in particular but

this is pretty old news in terms of the tech

NEC was using this tech since 2013

http://www.legitreviews.com/liquid-cooling-arrives-to-smartphones-nec-medias-x_15574

also op's news  is kinda old too

June 18, 2013 11:16 AM EDT

necmediasxconfigurationforliquidcooling_

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

not really direct at any one in particular but

this is pretty old news in terms of the tech

NEC was using this tech since 2013

http://www.legitreviews.com/liquid-cooling-arrives-to-smartphones-nec-medias-x_15574

yea, the article has a couple of pictures from the Nec watercooled phone,

its just that this is interesting but people dont try to vision how its going to work, they just assume its going to be the same as a PC, but its not

Awesome, heatpipe technology is very clever and beneficial 

Its a liquid filled heatpipe, its not like a custom look or anything :P it has no moving parts, just a conductive metal tube filled with liquid that constantly evaporates and condenses thus cooling the phone

Phones need this a lot, I was playing a game on my iphone for an hour the other day and It was as hot as the sun to hold

Your phone will not feel any cooler to the touch if it has heat-pipes instead.

The heat still needs to go somewhere and as far as I am concerned a heat-pipe will only take it to the surface of the phone more efficiently thus making it even more uncomfortable to use.

What they need is a way to make the actual hardware emit less heat. 

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

That Qualcomm quote was seriously misquoted. The one where he goes on about how the fastest cpu are the coolest. Especially the part with how heat is wasted battery and performance. Adding better cooling to  a cpu won't make it perform better or last longer on a charge. What Qualcomm meant was that a cpu that is more effecient will mean there is less energy that becomes heat, meaning that there will be more energy left to be used to have the phone last longer

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

It is liquid/vapour cooled, google it

http://www.phonearena.com/news/The-Xperia-Z2-has-liquid-heat-pipe-cooling-technology_id54935

Introducing the iWater :P

AMD FX 8320@ Stock - Asus M5A99X Evo R2.0 - Kingston HyperX 8GB 1600Mhz - Corsair Carbide 200R - Powercolor Radeon HD 7950 PCS+OC@970Mhz core 1400Mhz memory - Corsair CS650W - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 
LG 22EA53VQ 21.5" - CM Storm Xornet - CM Storm Quickfire TK - Creative Inspire T3130 2.1

so many people ITT thinking we are getting water cooled phones...

WE ARE ONLY GETTING NORMAL HEAT PIPES INTO PHONES... ALL HEATPIPES HAVE A CERTAIN LIQUID IN THEM... 

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

so many people ITT thinking we are getting water cooled phones...

WE ARE ONLY GETTING NORMAL HEAT PIPES INTO PHONES... ALL HEATPIPES HAVE A CERTAIN LIQUID IN THEM... 

really? COOL! i actually never knew that thanks for that infomation.

How much of an improvement of it is to thermal pads? I wonder if that 5w tdp of the k1 would be able to be cooled better in a phone with these heatpipes.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

This should be cool, people really need to read the article before saying stuff like "it's stupid to put an h110 on a phone". Lol

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|