"How many watts do I need"? Check Here!

Aniallation

Just an update, I finally bought the SuperFlower Leadex Gold 650W,  My 5V is always at 4.946-4.919, I haven't seen it go to an actual 5V. I'm using Aida, HWmonitor and also checked the bios sensors and all of them are displaying the same results. Should I be concerned about that? 

Nope, that's normal. It won't ever stay at perfectly 5V. 

"Rawr XD"

Oh thanks, I was kinda bothered not seeing it touch down at the 5V mark but I guess there's no need to worry plus they also have a 7 year warranty which helped me decide in buying this puppy. :)

Oh thanks, I was kinda bothered not seeing it touch down at the 5V mark but I guess there's no need to worry plus they also have a 7 year warranty which helped me decide in buying this puppy. :)

Yeah, the voltages varies depending on load, where it must stayed within +/-5% of its nominal value.

12V: 11.40V~12.60V

5V: 4.75V~5.25V

3.3V: 3.135V~3.465V

• 3 weeks later...

So the I've built this PC with the following specs and it only now needs a PSU.

The specs are as follows:

Intel i7 - 5930k 6-Core @3.5Ghz

Asus Rampage V Extreme Motherboard

2x Asus Matrix Platinum GTX 980 

2x EVGA SC ACX 2.0 GTX 970

16GB Corsair LPX Quad Channel 2133 Ram 

250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD 

3TB Western Digital Green HDD 

Corsair H110 (NOT H110i)

8x White LED Corsair Fans 

-4x on the H110 cooler in push/pull mode <-- Is this efficient? 

-2x on front 1x on bottom pulling fresh air into the case <-- enough to provide fresh air to the GPUs?

-1x rear exhaust

All of this is housed in a Corsair 760T White

None of the components will be overclocked, nor will the GPUs be water cooled at any point in time. The purpose for the computer is to run the GPUs 100% at all times 24/7 for my computational chemistry lab doing simulations.

-Any suggestions on how to place fan(s) on the side of the GPU to provide air

Would a Corsair AX1200i be enough? (I know the problem with  not having enough cables, but wouldn't a single eight pin connector from the PSU attached to a eight pin to dual six pin split connector be able to power one of the GTX 970 which uses two six pin connectors?)

Eventually I want to change out those GTX 970s and replace them with the ASUS Matrix Platinum GTX 980s, would the AX1200i still be enough?

Will a Corsair AX1200i be enough? (I know the problem with not having enough cables, but wouldn't a single eight pin connector from the PSU attached to a eight pin to dual six pin split connector be able to power one of the GTX 970 which uses two six pin connectors?)

Eventually I want to change out those GTX 970s and replace them with the ASUS Matrix Platinum GTX 980s, would the AX1200i still be enough?

The AX1200i will definitely be enough with everything at stock speeds. Also, yes you can use an 8pin to dual 6pin adapter, since an 8pin PCI Express power connector has twice the power delivery of a 6pin anyways. Even with future quad 980s its still plenty. Consider some options from other brands as well such as EVGA. Their G2 and P2 series are rock solid as the AX and are available in 1000 and 1300W varieties for likely a lower cost then the AX.

As far as the fans go that's not really something I know about but you'll definitely get help from other members of the forum in the cases section if you ask :)

"Rawr XD"

The AX1200i will definitely be enough with everything at stock speeds. Also, yes you can use an 8pin to dual 6pin adapter, since an 8pin PCI Express power connector has twice the power delivery of a 6pin anyways. Even with future quad 980s its still plenty. Consider some options from other brands as well such as EVGA. Their G2 and P2 series are rock solid as the AX and are available in 1000 and 1300W varieties for likely a lower cost then the AX.

As far as the fans go that's not really something I know about but you'll definitely get help from other members of the forum in the cases section if you ask :)

Thanks! I ended up selecting the AX1200i because I need a PSU to run 24/7 whilst powering the GPUs under 100% load at all times. PSU will be here Tuesday, will try to post temps in the Air Cooling section.

Any software ideas to measure wattage, stress test the CPU and GPUs?

Thanks! I ended up selecting the AX1200i because I need a PSU to run 24/7 whilst powering the GPUs under 100% load at all times. PSU will be here Tuesday, will try to post temps in the Air Cooling section.

Any software ideas to measure wattage, stress test the CPU and GPUs?

I believe wattage can be measured in Corsair Link since you have the AX1200i. CPU can be stress tested with AIDA64, GPUs with Furmark or Unigine Heaven. More "gamer" oriented stress tests but they do the job well.

"Rawr XD"

I believe wattage can be measured in Corsair Link since you have the AX1200i. CPU can be stress tested with AIDA64, GPUs with Furmark or Unigine Heaven. More "gamer" oriented stress tests but they do the job well.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

How much does everyone trust the Wattage breakdown on PCPartPicker.com? I’m trying to make sure I pick a large enough PSU for if I ever want to run SLI and over clock and it is saying a max wattage usage of 519W with all the parts I have added. I have picked a 650w PSU. Is 150w head room enough?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/gLqT7P

How much does everyone trust the Wattage breakdown on PCPartPicker.com? I’m trying to make sure I pick a large enough PSU for if I ever want to run SLI and over clock and it is saying a max wattage usage of 519W with all the parts I have added. I have picked a 650w PSU. Is 150w head room enough?

The GS650 will be perfectly fine for that build.

"Rawr XD"

The GS650 will be perfectly fine for that build.

Thank you.

Please Help This Is My First Time Pc Build.Just I Don't Know What My Wattage.So This My Cpu Build

Cpu:Intel Pentium G3258

Motherboard:ASrock H81M-VG4

Gpu:Nvidia Gtx 750 Ti

Ram:Kingston HyperX Fury 8Gb 1600 Mhz

HDD:Western Digital Blue 500 Gb

Case:Aerocool  V3X Advance Evil

Please Help This Is My First Time Pc Build.Just I Don't Know What My Wattage.So This My Cpu Build

Cpu:Intel Pentium G3258

Motherboard:ASrock H81M-VG4

Gpu:Nvidia Gtx 750 Ti

Ram:Kingston HyperX Fury 8Gb 1600 Mhz

HDD:Western Digital Blue 500 Gb

Case:Aerocool  V3X Advance Evil

For the build as it stands, you won't need anything more then a good quality 350W, I'd recommend this Seasonic http://pcpartpicker.com/part/seasonic-power-supply-ss350etbronze

But if you want to be able to upgrade CPU and GPU in the future you should consider something with more headroom, like a 550-650W. Ones like the EVGA GS and B2 are good choices.

"Rawr XD"

• 2 weeks later...

Does an overclocked GPU apply to the mid-tier? (Gigabyte Radeon R9 270X OC 2GB)

An Antec HCG-520M should be sufficient enough right? or would it be better to get the HCG-620M?

System:

(Core i5-4460, WD 7200 RPM Blue 3.5", MSI B85M-E45 and a Samsung SH-224DB/Bebs)

Does an overclocked GPU apply to the mid-tier? (Gigabyte Radeon R9 270X OC 2GB)

An Antec HCG-520M should be sufficient enough right? or would it be better to get the HCG-620M?

System:

(Core i5-4460, WD 7200 RPM Blue 3.5", MSI B85M-E45 and a Samsung SH-224DB/Bebs)

HCG 520 will be plenty for your PC, even with OC and OV on the 270X.

"Rawr XD"

Just keeping the trend of having everything posted on the 33rd minute of each hour.  ;)

So i am building my first PC, and checking how much watts i need. When i am googling the PSU calculator i get different, but about the same watts.

So my CPU i5-4590S.

GPU - GTX 960 MSI.

8 GB ram.

About 3 120mm Fans.

Attached the photos.

post-232643-0-00837600-1433327725.png

post-232643-0-40609500-1433327725.png

I have been looking around and trying different wattage calculators but I keep getting different results. Pcpartpicker is telling me I need 370W. I would just like to make sure. My specs are: AMD FX-8320 - CPU

ASUS M5A78L-M - motherboard

patriot signature 8GB DDR3-1600

sandisk SSD 128GB

seagate 1TB 7200RPM

ASUS radeon R9 270.

Thanks

So i am building my first PC, and checking how much watts i need. When i am googling the PSU calculator i get different, but about the same watts.

So my CPU i5-4590S.

GPU - GTX 960 MSI.

8 GB ram.

About 3 120mm Fans.

Attached the photos.

Pretty accurate. Of course it's better to take the higher number. 

A decent 350W will actually be plenty. If you'd like upgrading headroom then you can go with a higher wattage PSU (how many watts depending on your future upgrade plans), or if you're just planning to build an entirely new rig later on or swap out parts for ones with similar power consumption, something like this will perfectly suffice. 

"Rawr XD"

I have been looking around and trying different wattage calculators but I keep getting different results. Pcpartpicker is telling me I need 370W. I would just like to make sure. My specs are: -snip-

Yep a good quality 400W or higher. Antec VP450 and Corsair CX430 are decent choices

"Rawr XD"