Choose Firefox Now, Or Later You Won't Get A Choice

Builder

-snip-

Apple App Store: July 22, 2008. HTC Dream: October 22, 2008.

Miserable train wreck? Surely you jest. Adopting more of the Android way? No, that would be adopting a runtime compiled language for the OS and fragmenting your product to the point where nobody wants to make apps for it.

I only think of a few of those things when I think smartphone, and iPhone had them all first.

Edit: Also, no. Apple had Apple ID before Google had Google+. Unified identity on Google as we know it happened I believe in 2012. 

Android would look like thisgooglephones.jpg

If not for the iPhone.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Basically, but do you want to let them continue taking over how you access it? I hope not.

For me personally, Chrome has been working more smoothly than Firefox has (Particular when it comes to syncing bookmarks across multiple devices). And even if that was not the case, I'd still trust Google the most out of all the big internet companies

For me personally, Chrome has been working more smoothly than Firefox has (Particular when it comes to syncing bookmarks across multiple devices). And even if that was not the case, I'd still trust Google the most out of all the big internet companies

Google is the only big internet company. Name another.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Well as soon as Internet Explorer gets the rename maybe people will move more into microsoft again!

Computer Programming Nerd Guy + Computer Support @ Red Tree IT

-snip-

You give a lot of people a lot of crap for not reading a post properly. Maybe you should try it.

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

Well as soon as Internet Explorer gets the rename maybe people will move more into microsoft again!

I strongly doubt it, however it is possible.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

-snip-

You give a lot of people a lot of crap for not reading a post properly. Maybe you should try it.

Your quote is broken and what you said doesn't make sense. Please explain. What was I incorrect about?

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

After reading posts about how IE is the worst browser ever, I started trying it again. 2 days going...for how I use browsers, it's much similar to Firefox and Chrome.

Air 540, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 4770K, SLI EVGA 980Ti, 16GB Vengeance Pro 2133, HX1050, H105840 EVO 500, 850 Pro 512, WD Black 1TB, HyperX 3K 120, SMSNG u28e590d, K70 Blues, M65 RGB.          Son's PC: A10 7850k, MSI A88X gaming, MSI gaming R9 270X, Air 240, H55, 8GB Vengeance pro 2400, CX430, Asus VG278HE, K60 Reds, M65 RGB                                                                                       Daughter's PC: i5-4430, MSI z87 gaming AC, GTX970 gaming 4G, pink air 240, fury 1866 8gb, CX600, SMSNG un55HU8550, CMstorm greens, Deathadder 2013

Facebook is pretty big.

But they aren't trying to control the way you access the internet or what you see on the internet in a fundamentally damaging way. Facebook is a different kind of evil.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Hey @Builder, I don't think there is a lot left to argue. We know Google is a money-driven company. One with a powerful PR department though and that can also be observed on this forum, where people will defend Google to various points, depending on the degree of fanboy that they are. We know that in the beginning Android was an iOS copy "heavily inspired" by iOS, the same goes for Chrome and Firefox. All the crap that they did on YouTube, and only Satan knows what's next. Plus a massive chunk of other stuff that we're not directly interested in as tech people.

Just keep in mind that frogs don't jump out of the pot if you only heat the water slowly enough.

THIS SIGNATURE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

But they aren't trying to control the way you access the internet or what you see on the internet in a fundamentally damaging way. Facebook is a different kind of evil.

You do realize that both you and the author are basing all of this on the assumption that Google will eventually blacklist all competition, right? Also the assumption that IE and Safari will vanish too. I'm really suspecting that this is mainly about your dislike of Google than an actual imminent danger. You could easily say that Mircosoft will do the same with IE and Bing.

Hey @Builder, I don't think there is a lot left to argue. We know Google is a money-driven company. One with a powerful PR department though and that can also be observed on this forum, where people will defend Google to various points, depending on the degree of fanboy that they are. We know that in the beginning Android was an iOS copy "heavily inspired" by iOS, the same goes for Chrome and Firefox. All the crap that they did on YouTube, and only Satan knows what's next. Plus a massive chunk of other stuff that we're not directly interested in as tech people.

Just keep in mind that frogs don't jump out of the pot if you only heat the water slowly enough.

Not wanting to give up convenience and ease of use makes me a fanboy, huh? Good logic.

I think the fact that you're both Apple fanboys says a lot about what this really stems from.

Hey @Builder, I don't think there is a lot left to argue. We know Google is a money-driven company. One with a powerful PR department though and that can also be observed on this forum, where people will defend Google to various points, depending on the degree of fanboy that they are. We know that in the beginning Android was an iOS copy "heavily inspired" by iOS, the same goes for Chrome and Firefox. All the crap that they did on YouTube, and only Satan knows what's next. Plus a massive chunk of other stuff that we're not directly interested in as tech people.

Google is indeed heating the water slowly. We need to show people that they're going to be boiled eventually.

You do realize that both you and the author are basing all of this on the assumption that Google will eventually blacklist all competition, right? Also the assumption that IE and Safari will vanish too. I'm really suspecting that this is mainly about your dislike of Google than an actual imminent danger. You could easily say that Mircosoft will do the same with IE and Bing.

That's not true. Did you even read it? Alongside what he mentions, Google is doing a lot of blacklisting with their competitors already. Look up "vivint blocked" if you don't believe me. He doesn't make assumptions, he mentions how Chrome is trying to make it impossible to use Google products to their full potential from other browsers, etc. There's a lot of other stuff too.

Read the top comment here.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

i do like google is it is rly faster than anything out there, yet firefox is at least x5 more secure. In google chrome with all the ad's bloack and that kind, I still get background ads u.u .. When with firefox I'm having 0 ads nomatters what i visit. i would say that I use firefox 70% of the time, google when I need something rly rly fast. But this thing to move on, idk if it rly make sense and so, cuz ppl will always look at what the fasted.

Firefox feels slower because it waits for the whole webpage to be rendered before displaying it, where as chrome shows things as they are being rendered, so it feels more responsive. Also java needs to fucking die a million horrible deaths and therefore I could give a million fucks less about JS performance.

And ohh, Safari is exclusive to OSX in case you haven't noticed.

Java and JavaScript are not the same thing.... at all.

It's baffling how many blind Google supporters there are in this thread. They're actually on par with the Apple zealots now.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

I think the fact that you're both Apple fanboys says a lot about what this really stems from.

The indeterminacy in that statment proves that you know better.

THIS SIGNATURE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Chrome used to be fast now its got nothing its just a giant resource hog. I was delighted to hear linus explaining how its gets by now on the illusion that it is lightweight.

I switched back to firefox and I've never looked back. I need parity on all my devices so while I've a high end pc. My little tablet runs firefox far better than chrome.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

That's not true. Did you even read it? Alongside what he mentions, Google is doing a lot of blacklisting with their competitors already. Look up "vivint blocked" if you don't believe me. He doesn't make assumptions, he mentions how Chrome is trying to make it impossible to use Google products to their full potential from other browsers, etc. There's a lot of other stuff too.

Read the top comment here.

What's Vivint, why should I care, and why aren't these sources in the actual article?

Also, for the record, I'm defending anything; I just don't care about it enough to go through the hassle of changing anything, and for a lot of products and services I'd just be changing from one evil company to another. It's inescapable. If I really want to get seriousl about this stuff, I'd just need to give up the internet altogether. It's a shitty world we live in, and the only thing that can really be done to change it is getting regulators who care. Trying to claim that any one company is definitively worse than all of the others is just showing your bias.

I wish we hadn't lost Netscape

I'm sorry, but the article isn't news, as it is fear-mongering/marketing.

And before anyone says anything, I'm currently running Opera and Pale Moon as my main browsers.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

chrome is actually worse not better, try a 4k video trough chrome on youtube and enjoy 100% cpu usage, firefox> 20%

What's Vivint, why should I care, and why aren't these sources in the actual article?

Also, for the record, I'm defending anything; I just don't care about it enough to go through the hassle of changing anything, and for a lot of products and services I'd just be changing from one evil company to another. It's inescapable. If I really want to get seriousl about this stuff, I'd just need to give up the internet altogether. It's a shitty world we live in, and the only thing that can really be done to change it is getting regulators who care. Trying to claim that any one company is definitively worse than all of the others is just showing your bias.Showing 

Showing my bias? Do you see how many people in this thread are defending Chrome? Firefox is better, it defends your freedom and your privacy, and it isn't trying to lock you in to an ecosystem.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

I'm sorry, but the article isn't news, as it is fear-mongering/marketing.

And before anyone says anything, I'm currently running Opera and Pale Moon as my main browsers.

As if he gets money for it...

The browser is free, dummy.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

As if he gets money for it...

The browser is free, dummy.

I'm sure the majority of members on this forum don't work for AMD, Intel or Nvidia, but that doesn't stop them from being fanboys in terms of promoting a product without compensation. Fanboy bias exists for browsers as well. The fact there is decent support for Chrome in spite of its glaring flaws is obvious. I use Chrome and am not afraid to speak out on what's wrong with it.

Showing my bias? Do you see how many people in this thread are defending Chrome? Firefox is better, it defends your freedom and your privacy, and it isn't trying to lock you in to an ecosystem.

Lol at that ambiguous "freedom" part. Lol even more about the ecosystem part when you're an Apple fan. And I don't care if there are Chrome/Google fanboys in this tread too, because that has no effect on my point whatsoever.

"Better" is subjective. The fact that you're pushing other people so hard to come over to your opinion when it doesn't affect you either way makes you even more suspect. If you didn't have something driving with this, you would have stopped by now.