Tech You're Not Into?

MPX309

The 4k Hype is overrated. Anything I don't have a use for I don't care for the time being, though I'll still check the latest updates on them to know when it'll peek my interest. Also I'm not into builds that are overkill for what they do for example gaming at 1080p with a 6 core i7 on socket 2011 32 - 64 gig ram with dual 780 Ti's is just moronic.

Edit: also, I'm not really into printers, I mean, what? inkjet or laser, it depends on what you want really the rest are minor differences not enough to make me care.

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @ 4.2 GHz; GPU: Asus STRIX & Gigabyte g1 GTX 1070 SLI; RAM: 16 GB Corsair vengeance 3200 MHz ; Mobo: Asrock Taichi x470; SSD: 512 gb Samsung 950 Pro Storage: 5x Seagate 2TB drives; 1x 2TB WD PurplePSU: 700 Watt Huntkey; Peripherals: Acer S277HK 4K Monitor; Logitech G502 gaming mouse; Corsair K95 Mechanical keyboard; 5.1 Logitech x530 sound system

01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01100100 01101111 01100101 01110011 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01101101 01100001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01101111 00101110

Apple, not to fond of closed off things.

4K Part of my dislikes the hype, the other part is unhealthily attracted to it.

Do not  as I  do, and  not  as I say. Instead do as you may..

HSS Revenir: CPU=i7 5960x @4.5GHz Heatsink=Corsair H100i MOBO=ROG Rampage 5 RAM=Kingston HyperX Predator 16GB @3000MHz SSD=Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB GPU=R9 295x2 PSU=Corsair AX1500i OS=Windows 7 Ultimate

giffety do dah, giffety ey, my oh my what a wonderful GIF (thats how the song goes right?)

lol that GIF.

But seriously. Judge, don't judge, I don't care, you will notice I own some apple devices but not a mac. I like Ferraris but would not buy one, its not a car that would suit my life. I can appreciate things that are not right for me. And there are some things I love about Apple, just the macs are not right for me, I do like my iPhone and iPad though

But this is off topic

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Yeah, I'm not too into the super flashy shit or replacing a phone every year for a slightly improved model (or any other piece of tech).

I like simple electronics and gadgets that do their job, do it good and are durable. I don't need a pacman keyboard, a green glowing gaming mouse, a rapper's headphones, an iPhone x or DLC. 

Not to sound like a grumpy pre-old man, but I just like impressive, value for money tech e.g. good speakers, nice monitors, good gadgets like things you pay 2-50$ and really improve your productivity. 

Loads of community interaction and CS:GO gameplay
www.twitch.tv/terosterone

Streaming, plus all the things Windows 8 was supposed to be for. Just give me a game PC (hell even a console), and I will be happy for a few years.

Laptop: Intel Core i5-4200H, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce 840M

Desktop: Intel Core i3-6100, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce GTX 750 Ti

TV tech. Dunno if it's because I'm older or that shows genuinely are shit these days, but I can't get hyped over fancy new TVs whenever they hit the market. The tech is impressive, but it's meaningless to me if the programming isn't. Aside from Top Gear, MLP (I watch with the girlfriend, you shut your face), random food stuff or stuff on discovery/educational entertaining type stuff (mythbusters and the like) and a very small handful of shows, there really isn't much on TV as a whole for me to care. I'm actually glad I don't live in England and have to deal with that idiotic TV tax just for owning a set.

All that is worth watching is online anyway.

TV tech. Dunno if it's because I'm older or that shows genuinely are shit these days, but I can't get hyped over fancy new TVs whenever they hit the market. The tech is impressive, but it's meaningless to me if the programming isn't. Aside from Top Gear, MLP (I watch with the girlfriend, you shut your face), random food stuff or stuff on discovery/educational entertaining type stuff (mythbusters and the like) and a very small handful of shows, there really isn't much on TV as a whole for me to care. I'm actually glad I don't live in England and have to deal with that idiotic TV tax just for owning a set.

All that is worth watching is online anyway.

Exactly my thoughts, the tv license thing is so stupid

Audiophile stuff. As long as I can change he volume on it and it sits comfortably on my head or looks nice on my desk I'm good.

"We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights"

Photography, Tablets and laptops. 

I'm not interested in photography. I take my picture with my phone, which is small, quick and simple. Whenever someone gets talk into camera and lens, i simply cannot comprehend them.

Tablets, i find, is just a larger phone. If i wanted to do something with a tablet, i could get it done, with a smaller, more compact phone. It's large, and you just place it on your bedside table as a bigger, more beautiful phone. 

Surprisingly, i am not into laptops at all. I find laptops to be all work related. I have a tiny little red laptop, which the government provides for students, and that's all work things. I find gaming, or just browsing using a laptop is too bothersome. I use my laptop at the library to get work done (Less distractions), or as a portable phone charger (Most common use for it).

I really don't get exited about 1500W platinum power supplies, if it doesn't set my computer on fire I'm fine with my supply. I also don't care about smart tv's and boxes like roku and appleTV (I am interested in 4K tvs though)

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1240 v3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 RAM: 16 GB GeIL Dragon 1600mhz GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 770OC 2GB Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D Storage: 1TB WD, Blue, 120GB, munch ssd PSU: 600w Corsair 

Display: aoc tn something, Dell ips U24..  Keyboard: CM storm quickfire xt Brown switches Mouse: Logitech G502, Pricing: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/8CBWjX

Exactly my thoughts, the tv license thing is so stupid

It is not. all you have to pay for is the licence (which is pretty cheap) and a set top box for freeview / freesat and you are good with a massive number of channels, that you would have to pay a cable tv subscription. also the licence allows the bbc to put up all the shows afterwards for free with no ads.

Mobile stuff, tablets and laptops. They have their place but I find that I have pretty limited use for them.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Audiophile stuff. As long as I can change he volume on it and it sits comfortably on my head or looks nice on my desk I'm good.

You're missing out :). You don't even need to spend thousands to completely change the way you think of music. Couple hundreds and it's another experience, especially if you're using a $30 POS.

Anything in the kitchen.

Anyone want to buy a Kitchen? Anyone?

You're missing out :). You don't even need to spend thousands to completely change the way you think of music. Couple hundreds and it's another experience, especially if you're using a $30 POS.

30USD POS

I feel offended somehow...

Earphones that went through me:

Philips SHE1350 (their cheapest earbuds) (6USD)

Philips SHL1602 (Air Wear over the ear headphones) (25USD)

Philips SHL3100 ('DJ' headphones) (20USD after rebate)

Philips SHL---- (forgot this one but it was an active noise cancelling headphone) (15USD)

Pioneer ----- (a pair of good in-ears) (20USD as sold by Astroplus and only confirmed by sight)

Sony ----- (the one that comes with the B-series mp3 player) (not sold separately)

I also tired:

ATH-M50 (~250USD locally)

Marshall Monitors (250USD)

Beats Studio (didn't look at the price, but I'm not in their market)

a pair of Urbanears (70USD locally)

Superlux HD330 (USD40)

Superlux HD662 (USD45)

As for those that went through me, they're good for their prices... I've heard of worse in the upper pricing... From my experience, all the Philips headphones and earphones sound really similar after a burn-in period... If you've got a nice and clean source, they sound good enough... What's curious about the Philips stuff is that they sound close enough to each other (including the earphones after adding some foam)....

As for the higher end ones, only the Superlux HD330s made sense for the money that I'm willing to spend (went through my test procedure and they sounded good)... I couldn't test the Marshalls and ATH-M50s properly since the shopkeep won't let me concentrate on going through my headphone test procedure (several genres of music, with eq both on and off, and with bass boost on and off using my walkman B-series mp3 player)...

Peripherals, cameras, monitors, audio and anything that is a closed down system

Gotta be mobiles and tablets for me.

Saying that though, I really want a One Plus One.

I use the Logitech G430 and they are hands down the best headphones I have ever owned (as sad as that probably is). Next time I need headphones I believe I'll be getting the Klipsch Image One though. Also my brother is a major Audio geek, I just can't seem to notice the difference.

Edit: I'm off to buy beats now!

I'm just kidding please don't kill me.

"We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights"

Yeah, I'm not into following consumer tech like phones.

I unsubbed from Austin Evans once he started covering headphones and shit. nobody cares but fuck you i'm saying something anyway

Please, the Comic Sans.... It's too much...

I don't care much for camera tech, streaming boxes, and tablets.

I would like to get a nice tablet soon, but I wouldn't be an enthusiast about it like I am with games...

The other stuff really just doesn't impact me. More Megapixels is great, but at the end of the day that's never a deciding factor for my phone purchases. Family has a streaming box, never gets used. Completely worthless.

Git Gud.

Gaudy car modification and absurd car audio.

-snip

No, your ride isn't "pimping", it's dumb. I don't give a shit about cars that have useless crap added to it that's worth more than the car itself. Give me performance and useful mods pls.

I agree with you on the styling (other than neons and LED's, I like them) but I disagree about the audio, it can be quite useful at times. Mainly for annoying that 1 jackass neighbor that's in every neighborhood that calls the cops on anyone and everyone at the drop of a hat.

I am so sick of hearing about mobile crap. ITS A F**KING PHONE. All it really needs to do is send and receive calls and texts, and be able to look shit up. That's really it.

I hate hearing about laptops, unless you absolutely have to have one, they are utterly stupid, by the time the parts wear our (so 2 years at most in my experience) they are no longer being made, and you have to buy a new one at a higher cost. Granted some people do need them for work, but I can't stand people that buy one just to have a laptop (they do exist)

EVERYTHING involving "social media". It just needs to stop.

Apple products

Anything involving "cloud"

tablets

ebooks

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Wearables, at least in their current form. Phone cameras, for all I care I would buy a cameraless phone if it were cheaper. Ultra-high-end audio, not that I would hate to have it but I won't spend so much money on it. Consoles, save some from nintendo. Ultrabooks, I find them too expensive and not very useful when I could get a decent laptop for much cheaper and still have no problem carrying it around. Touch screen aios and ts desktops in general. Dedicated mp3/mp4 players.

-edit-

EVERYTHING involving "social media". It just needs to stop.

THIS, I absolutely agree.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*