Tech You're Not Into?

MPX309

Mechanical keyboards and gaming mice with 1 gigazilion DPI.

We had mechanical keyboards in the 90s and nobody went "oh no, these new keyboards are too silent" when they disappeared for years. And what's the point of a DPI value so high that moving the mouse 1cm gets your pointer across the screen or makes your character turn 3 times.

Overrated because it's "for gamers" and I think gamers fall for the marketing just like Apple fanboys fall for Apples marketing. 

Potato

Mechanical keyboards and gaming mice with 1 gigazilion DPI.

We had mechanical keyboards in the 90s and nobody went "oh no, these new keyboards are too silent" when they disappeared for years. And what's the point of a DPI value so high that moving the mouse 1cm gets your pointer across the screen or makes your character turn 3 times.

Overrated because it's "for gamers" and I think gamers fall for the marketing just like Apple fanboys fall for Apples marketing. 

Mechanical keyboards are just much more comfortable as far as I'm concerned. I like it for typing, it's useless for gaming. 

As for the mice, I'm with you. I own a gaming mouse partly because I'm a sucker but also because I've found them to be more reliable than $10 mice. That said I only use 1000 DPI and it's capable of 5700 or whatever it is, and they've been selling 12800 DPI mice... So yeah we've all bought in some snake oil BS... 

Smartphones :P

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

-snip-

^THIS^

Especially for peripherals...

30USD POS

I feel offended somehow...

Earphones that went through me:

Philips SHE1350 (their cheapest earbuds) (6USD)

Philips SHL1602 (Air Wear over the ear headphones) (25USD)

Philips SHL3100 ('DJ' headphones) (20USD after rebate)

Philips SHL---- (forgot this one but it was an active noise cancelling headphone) (15USD)

Pioneer ----- (a pair of good in-ears) (20USD as sold by Astroplus and only confirmed by sight)

Sony ----- (the one that comes with the B-series mp3 player) (not sold separately)

I also tired:

ATH-M50 (~250USD locally)

Marshall Monitors (250USD)

Beats Studio (didn't look at the price, but I'm not in their market)

a pair of Urbanears (70USD locally)

Superlux HD330 (USD40)

Superlux HD662 (USD45)

As for those that went through me, they're good for their prices... I've heard of worse in the upper pricing... From my experience, all the Philips headphones and earphones sound really similar after a burn-in period... If you've got a nice and clean source, they sound good enough... What's curious about the Philips stuff is that they sound close enough to each other (including the earphones after adding some foam)....

As for the higher end ones, only the Superlux HD330s made sense for the money that I'm willing to spend (went through my test procedure and they sounded good)... I couldn't test the Marshalls and ATH-M50s properly since the shopkeep won't let me concentrate on going through my headphone test procedure (several genres of music, with eq both on and off, and with bass boost on and off using my walkman B-series mp3 player)...

I'm one of the minority of audiophiles who doesn't even believe in burn-in. I think that a vast majority of burn-in in audio products is the subjectivity of the listener. There has never been a relevant scientifically measured difference in sound signature of headphones due to burn-in. Maybe there's a slight difference but mostly I think it's just people not being used to the new sound and they feel like it changes as time goes on, when really it's just them getting used to it.

The people who insist that there's burn-in are generally the same people who buy $600 audio cables and insist that it makes their sound better. (Because they wouldn't have to have wasted $600). People don't like to hear about their bias and their propensity to confirmation bias. =(

I'm one of the minority of audiophiles who doesn't even believe in burn-in. I think that a vast majority of burn-in in audio products is the subjectivity of the listener. There has never been a relevant scientifically measured difference in sound signature of headphones due to burn-in. Maybe there's a slight difference but mostly I think it's just people not being used to the new sound and they feel like it changes as time goes on, when really it's just them getting used to it.

It happens for me... Or at least in some of my headphones... It varied from model to model in my case... Some changed within a minute, others took a full hour...

But it's just me... I'm not one who does an 8-hour burn-in for my cans...

But that's just me, and I'm no authority to prove or disprove this...

It happens for me... Or at least in some of my headphones... It varied from model to model in my case... Some changed within a minute, others took a full hour...

But it's just me... I'm not one who does an 8-hour burn-in for my cans...

But that's just me, and I'm no authority to prove or disprove this...

Happens to everyone. Different sound, human adaptation, etc.

I could be wrong of course... but this seems to be what's going on if I'm to believe data collected in fairly scientific environments :P

Consoles.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

I would say: Apple stuff, since its just overrated ("Meeergh you stoopid fuul its made for professionals Meergh")

and

(In?)earphones thos small stupid things are retared. But a nice pair of Headsets with proper base(bass?) and mid, im alllll down for!

• My System: MSI Z87-GD65 - CPU: I7 4770K OC 4.0 GHZ I7 4770 (3.9 GHz), Antec 620 watercooler - GTX 760 2GB/OC (MSI TwinFrozr IV) - 16 GB Kingston 2133 - 750w Energon - Zalman Z11+ HF1 - Storeage: 2x120 GB EVO 840, 3 TB Seagate Display: Asus 27" VE276Q | Planned upgrades: Gamdias Hermes ultimate, HyperX Cloud, MSI AMD R9 290x, 2x120 HyperX (Linux boot drives)

• Pedro19reddit: "A good console exclusive is like a Ferrari that can only be driven on a swamp." SlickPc "i couldn't even under-clock my 5 year old GFX card to be as slow as a "Next-gen" console #PcMasterRaceProblems

Washing machines

MY RIG | AMD FX-8320 | COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 EVO | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT 8GB DDR3-1600MHz | WD CAVIAR BLUE 1TB | ASUS RADEON R9 280 3GB DIRECTCU II | CORSAIR 300R | CORSAIR CX 600W 80+ BRONZE | 1x COOLER MASTER SICKLEFLOW 120mm | WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64-BIT | DELL S2240M 21.5' 1080p <p> | G602 | G710+ MOBILE| ONEPLUS ONE 64GB RUNNING OXYGENOS  | NEXUS 4 16GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP | NEXUS 7 2013 32GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP

General computer hardware and peripherals

I do the research necessary for my purchase, then don't do any research until I have to make another purchase.

COMIC SANS

I am not interested in the following:

Apple

Mobile phones

Car audio

Streaming media

RAID

Fibit type devices

Smart watches

Servers

Networking

photography and audio over $20

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Tablets and laptops and consoles all useless,im not into at all.

I just ordered my 1st cheapo smartphone arives today so i cant say im not into that anymore lol.

Just now:
Ink refill for a Canon P200 all in one printer...

It won't detect the levels properly (unless you get a new cartrige)...

EDIT:
Disregard above lines... misposterd...

but still inkjet printers run out of ink too quickly...

I really can't get into 'mobile' gaming machines, so most modern Nintendo products, mobile phones (for gaming!), PSP and the likes. Don't know why just can't stand them.

I have no real interest in the whole VR stuff like Oculus Rift its just not for me.

Cry Havoc!

"Green" Technology, not the idea, but the marketing, namely for this reason

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Coding "I know some of this words :/" I'm able to crack photoshop and such but looking any further would cause brainmelt.

Bye LTT. That was an interesting journey on this board. At least here you see how not to do it. I'll go shaking my head about this place.