Are you for/against the US strikes against IS in Iraq?

Sammael

World of Warcraft did that with its forums, they used to have an off topic section but scuttled it.  I think they were concerned about topics showing up there outside the scope of what some wanted their "fragile" youngsters to have access to.  Some of the mods were clearly uncomfortable with many of the topics that popped up, but it WAS an OT forum so shutting them down willy nilly was kind of seen by many as personal taste issues about what they disliked seeing (or what others complained about seeing that THEY did not like seeing there).  Even as a child I never had patients for such arguments.  If someone finds writing or a show distasteful, then they should avoid it.  I never understood the logic that NO ONE ELSE ought to be allowed to see or read that content because THEY have issues with it.  Same goes for spirited disagreement.  Of course, my definition and tolerance of "spirited" disagreement is more broad than some others.  One of my favorite shows growing up as kid was politically incorrect.  It was not a sterile discussion of issues and disagreements, people would often disagree and argue quite forcefully, and I thought it was GREAT!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFisw16di3w#t=1m35s

As much as I actually don't disagree, the idiots banging on about either "all muslims are terrorists" or "america is the worst country in the world" clutter up a forum which exists to talk about tech.

http://linustechtips.com/main/statuses/user/15975-slick/?status_id=31874

This is what Slick said about the matter (and the basis of my comment as well).

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Oh of course but the first step is understanding~

Human Psychology my friend :D

I know what I know but I don't know everything!

The ignorant human is one nut that can't be cracked through talking.

MAN ISIS IS RUNNING AROUND BEHEADING KIDS.

Oh my god they're not the first! Let's help them first.

You know, posts like this one are the reason that Slick considers closing OT. Sure, it's off topic, but you're asking a biased crowd about things they may not fully understand or may take so fucking seriously that they start an internet shouting match. Topics like this one are pointless, as all they do is start trouble.

If possible I would like this comment five times.

If possible I would like this comment five times.

Not all of us are biased. A moderator can watch the thread to remove comments that are completely off base from providing any relevant thoughts to the thread.

Israel poking at everyone saying "you're mean to me, you're trying to kill me!" when nobody was doing anything isn't a good way to make friends.

Ummm.....   Excuse me?  Are you aware that every day for the past (x) amount of years HAMAS has been firing rockets into Israel?  I know people that live there, and they are under constant fire.  It is true however that due to the iron dome, there are very few casualties.  But Israel has been being attacked since it's creation, and most of the time they don't strike back. 

The ignorant human is one nut that can't be cracked through talking.

Oh my god they're not the first! Let's help them first.

I don't get it. Please explain.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Not all of us are biased. A moderator can watch the thread to remove comments that are completely off base from providing any relevant thoughts to the thread.

Actually, everyone is biased to some extent, including me.  However on the internet that is exploded to a huge extent.

Do you know Japan killed more people in China than Hitler did to Jewish people?

Did you know Russia was trying to get rid of the Mujaheddin, which we helped and turned in to al qaeda whom we're now trying to fight and they led to Hamas.

Israel poking at everyone saying "you're mean to me, you're trying to kill me!" when nobody was doing anything isn't a good way to make friends.

Did you know this has been happening for hundreds of years, name doesn't mean jack. You know how to solve this? Carpet bomb the entire place. There, problem solved. No more terrorists running around blowing themselves up or forcing children to do so. Does that make you happy?

Way to limit Hitler's atrocities to just Jewish people. Every single death in Europe, Africa and Russia are the direct and sole fault of Hitler. Japan and Hitler were both guilty of horrible war crimes, but that just further reinforces the point I made about the US's refusal to get involved actually made things worse.

Did you know that Russia actively arms groups like Hamas, ISIS and terror groups in Syria?

Israel hasn't don't shit to anyone. Everyone from Iran to Turkey has been calling for the death of every Jew and to erase Israel from the map from the very second the Jewish people took their homeland back after suffering thousands of years of slaughter at the hands of both Christians and Jews.

And yes, carpet bomb them into oblivion. These groups constantly call for the deaths of every single non-radical Muslim. That kind of radicalism can't be dealt with at a peace conference. Time and time again they have refused to stand down. Every time Israel agrees to a cease fire, Hamas violates it with in hours. The kind of evil that groups like Hamas and ISIS represent can never be reasoned with because they are totally devoted to the death of every when who does not openly accept their radical views. There is no rationalizing with people who behead children or strap bombs to their chest.

No, none of it makes me happy. But I have the guts to speak my mind and tell other people that they are wrong. Either we wipe out the radicals, or they will wipe us out. That is the only way this can end. They will never give in. They will never live peacefully. 

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

Ummm.....   Excuse me?  Are you aware that every day for the past (x) amount of years HAMAS has been firing rockets into Israel?  I know people that live there, and they are under constant fire.  It is true however that due to the iron dome, there are very few casualties.  But Israel has been being attacked since it's creation, and most of the time they don't strike back. 

Israel did nothing to help the situation the past 70 years and the people that complained to create Israel only created more problems. 

Way to limit Hitler's atrocities to just Jewish people. Every single death in Europe, Africa and Russia are the direct and sole fault of Hitler. Japan and Hitler were both guilty of horrible war crimes, but that just further reinforces the point I made about the US's refusal to get involved actually made things worse.

Did you know that Russia actively arms groups like Hamas, ISIS and terror groups in Syria?

Israel hasn't don't shit to anyone. Everyone from Iran to Turkey has been calling for the death of every Jew and to erase Israel from the map from the very second the Jewish people took their homeland back after suffering thousands of years of slaughter at the hands of both Christians and Jews.

And yes, carpet bomb them into oblivion. These groups constantly call for the deaths of every single non-radical Muslim. That kind of radicalism can't be dealt with at a peace conference. Time and time again they have refused to stand down. Every time Israel agrees to a cease fire, Hamas violates it with in hours. The kind of evil that groups like Hamas and ISIS represent can never be reasoned with because they are totally devoted to the death of every when who does not openly accept their radical views. There is no rationalizing with people who behead children or strap bombs to their chest.

Well spoken.  However I still don't think carpet bombing them is the answer considering a small number of people are actually in charge and are radical.  The masses just need real education.

Israel did nothing to help the situation the past 70 years and the people that complained to create Israel only created more problems. 

Ahhhh.  I would disagree.  In my opinion the people who created Israel were actually looking for a way to get rid of Jews.  Before WW2 and the holocaust, antisemitism was everywhere including the UK and France and creating Israel was the "humane" way of solving the "Jew problem" 

-Edit

Also, the land Israel sits on was straight up bought.  They own the land, irregardless of who owned it "first" and it would be like a random guy coming and saying to you "Hey, your house was mine 50 years ago, and it holds nostalgic value,  I am kicking you out and killing you and your whole family."

I don't get it. Please explain.

Which part?

Most people when talking about the atrocities of Hitler are mainly mentioning those of the Jewish people. Plus, you can't blame Hitler alone. You're missing everyone that voted him in, the government that gave him power, the people that didn't kill him when they had the chance in WW1, and the doctor that told his mother not to abort him.

Money is a good way to get things done. Especially if those people aren't the ones trying to kill you.

Point to me on a map where the first Jewish person laid claim to land before Palestinians did first. I promise you won't find it.

Israel is more than willing to cause death and destruction as much as any radical group because they're acting like self-entitled little children arguing over land. They weren't the first to murder of sand but they certainly won't disagree to do so.

Again, you can't solve a problem like this by intervening and asking people to talk. So if you want a solution to end the war quickly, just remove people from the equation. Tadaa, no more war. It's pointless to intervene because you're adding deaths to a war that you're not part of. Either stay out or remove the problem in one fell swoop.

Well spoken.  However I still don't think carpet bombing them is the answer considering a small number of people are actually in charge and are radical.  The masses just need real education.

Carpet bombing is never the answer.

Ahhhh.  I would disagree.  In my opinion the people who created Israel were actually looking for a way to get rid of Jews.  Before WW2 and the holocaust, antisemitism was everywhere including the UK and France and creating Israel was the "humane" way of solving the "Jew problem" 

-Edit

Also, the land Israel sits on was straight up bought.  They own the land, irregardless of who owned it "first" and it would be like a random guy coming and saying to you "Hey, your house was mine 50 years ago, and it holds nostalgic value,  I am kicking you out and killing you and your whole family."

Yes, but the reason that land was given to the Jewish people is because a majority of them whined that it was their land. So people just caved in and gave it to them. It was originally land that, as far as I'm aware reading through history text books, belonged to Palestine.

Which part?

Most people when talking about the atrocities of Hitler are mainly mentioning those of the Jewish people. Plus, you can't blame Hitler alone. You're missing everyone that voted him in, the government that gave him power, the people that didn't kill him when they had the chance in WW1, and the doctor that told his mother not to abort him.

Money is a good way to get things done. Especially if those people aren't the ones trying to kill you.

Point to me on a map where the first Jewish person laid claim to land before Palestinians did first. I promise you won't find it.

Israel is more than willing to cause death and destruction as much as any radical group because they're acting like self-entitled little children arguing over land. They weren't the first to murder of sand but they certainly won't disagree to do so.

Again, you can't solve a problem like this by intervening and asking people to talk. So if you want a solution to end the war quickly, just remove people from the equation. Tadaa, no more war. It's pointless to intervene because you're adding deaths to a war that you're not part of. Either stay out or remove the problem in one fell swoop.

Read my edit above to answer the laying claim to the land thing.  Arguing about land is not being childish.  How could it be?  Land is the most important thing on this earth (pun not intended) 

Carpet bombing is never the answer.

Yes, but the reason that land was given to the Jewish people is because a majority of them whined that it was their land. So people just caved in and gave it to them. It was originally land that, as far as I'm aware reading through history text books, belonged to Palestine.

The land wasn't given to Jews, THEY BOUGHT IT.  THEY OWN IT.  JUST LIKE THE US OWNS THE AREA OF THE WORLD CALLED THE UNITED STATES.  The Native Americans were here first, could they try to kick us out for that?

The time has passed for the civilian masses to do the right thing. They are educated and they openly support these terrorists. Peace between Palestine would happen overnight if the civilians stopped openly supporting Hamas. The legitimate government of Palestine can never negotiate an actual peace with Israel because the civilians support the same views has Hamas to erase Israel off the map. Only an all out war to destroy these groups, and all that support them, will ever fix anything. 

Which part?

Here you go. The United Kingdom of Israel was established in 1020 BC, over three thousand years ago. But the Jewish people first settled the area in 4000 BC. No one but the Jewish people have a claim to that land. It's about time people actually learned the facts instead of just parroting what the terrorist and their supporters say. Israel was not stolen from Muslims after WWII. They stole it from the Jewish people who had lived there for almost 6,000 years. The rest of the world just helped the Jewish people take it back after WWII.

Sadly history books often leave out the truth. No one on the face of this earth has any claim to Israel other than the Jewish people. 

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

The time has passed for the civilian masses to do the right thing. They are educated and they openly support these terrorists. Peace between Palestine would happen overnight if the civilians stopped openly supporting Hamas. The legitimate government of Palestine can never negotiate an actual peace with Israel because the civilians support the same views has Hamas to erase Israel off the map. Only an all out war to destroy these groups, and all that support them, will ever fix anything. 

Here you go. The United Kingdom of Israel was established in 1020 BC, over three thousand years ago. But the Jewish people first settled the area in 4000 BC. No one but the Jewish people have a claim to that land. It's about time people actually learned the facts instead of just parroting what the terrorist and their supporters say. Israel was not stolen from Muslims after WWII. They stole it from the Jewish people who had lived there for almost 6,000 years. The rest of the world just helped the Jewish people take it back after WWII.

Yeah, sorry, your profile picture makes you seen a little biased :P

@AlwaysFSX the

Part after you quoted me.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Yeah, sorry, your profile picture makes you seen a little biased :P

Except I didn't change it until after I started posting. I am not Jewish, but I know the facts and support them. I am Christian, so I am second on the radicals list to be killed. I linked the facts that show Israel belongs to the Jewish people, and no one else.

Except I didn't change it until after I started posting. I am not Jewish, but I know the facts and support them.

Yeah, it's fine :)  But anyway, everyone seems to be omitting this including you in your post above, THE JEWS BOUGHT THE LAND.  That isn't stealing, it is buying.

Read my edit above to answer the laying claim to the land thing.  Arguing about land is not being childish.  How could it be?  Land is the most important thing on this earth (pun not intended) 

It is childish if it's not your land and was given to you by other governments.

The land wasn't given to Jews, THEY BOUGHT IT.  THEY OWN IT.  JUST LIKE THE US OWNS THE AREA OF THE WORLD CALLED THE UNITED STATES.  The Native Americans were here first, could they try to kick us out for that?

Israel didn't exist until a group of governments went and said "We're taking this land and ploping these people here." Just because some people point and a book and say "Look! See! We own this!" doesn't mean they actually do.

@AlwaysFSX the

Part after you quoted me.

People have been beheaded since the inception of the States, we haven't helped them.

Except I didn't change it until after I started posting. I am not Jewish, but I know the facts and support them. I am Christian, so I am second on the radicals list to be killed. I linked the facts that show Israel belongs to the Jewish people, and no one else.

Both the Torah and Qu'ran essentially say everyone outside the religion and beliefs is an infidel and should be killed.

"I support you!" "That's nice to hear, I'll kill you last."

Why is the USA fighting other peoples wars in the first place

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Why is the USA fighting other peoples wars in the first place

'Cause we're the world police dontcha know.