Audiophile Grade Headphones Under $250

King_Gamma

May i suggest these as a option Beyerdynamic MMX300 quite possibly the best headset you can buy and will last the test of time.

May i suggest these as a option Beyerdynamic MMX300 quite possibly the best headset you can buy and will last the test of time.

No you may not.

Ok guys thanks for all the suggestions! Looks like I am going to make everyone happy. I am going to get the ATH-M50. Gotta love the price on them.

I think by doing this you will make about one person happy and the rest mad, but okay? I also agree with @Tek_Addict that the MMX-300 is a fantastic headset. It is on Massdrop for about $280.

I think by doing this you will make about one person happy and the rest mad, but okay? I also agree with @Tek_Addict that the MMX-300 is a fantastic headset. It is on Massdrop for about $280.

Thanks for the suggestion but I am going to the the M50s. They have great reviews and they are pretty cheap.

Thanks though!

If by reviews you mean Amazon or Newegg reviews, those mean almost nothing. The people there in general are morons and when they say 'Best headphones I've ever owned', they've probably owned like 2 headphones their entire life anyways. If I go by reviews, then almost every single headphone that exists is "good" to "excellent" and 99% of expensive headphones are perfect with no flaws, lol. It's the same with CPU reviews. You've gotta stick with specialized forums or at least specialized sections of a forum, not random reviews on vendor websites or Youtube reviews from all-around technology reviewers. There are some circumstances where these sources are useful but you've always gotta take what they say with a grain of salt.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

BTW, I'm not trying to ding your purchase, I'm sure you'll enjoy your new cans. Just something to consider the next time you buy these kinds of things.  :)

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

BTW, I'm not trying to ding your purchase, I'm sure you'll enjoy your new cans. Just something to consider the next time you buy these kinds of things. :)

Lol

I look at actual reviews done by people that know what to look for. MKBHD has a great review covering the M50s.

While this thread is still revelant. What would you suggest for a DAC for the ATH M50s?

While this thread is still revelant. What would you suggest for a DAC for the ATH M50s?

You don't need a DAC:

"Unless your integrated audio is broken!!!"

Plus, a DAC is pretty useless on it's own anyway.

You don't need a DAC:

"Unless your integrated audio is broken!!!"

Plus, a DAC is pretty useless on it's own anyway.

OK thanks! That's what I was wondering.

shure 840, or custom one pro has a slide in mic. edit: totally forgot about the mmx300, even better than pc350 se!

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.

Lol

I look at actual reviews done by people that know what to look for. MKBHD has a great review covering the M50s.

Him and every other hype-train YouTuber.

Just a DT770 with an overpriced Mic slapped on....

He's knows nothing about audio.

I'd say he knows more than most people. Most people think beats are amazing.

Just my opinion.

Just my opinion.

He tries to be but he's really not. Getting over beats isn't that hard. 

Just my opinion.

That bar is lower than a snake's belly in a wagon rut