What the hell is wrong with Google Chrome?

terrytek

Recently, I installed Hyper-V on my computer, just so I can use VMs. Come to find out, it doesn't work, so I got rid of it. The strange part? Google Chrome goes haywire. First, it happens with just Google products, like Search and Gmail. I'm always getting "Unable to access network" errors. When I refresh, I notice it says "Waiting for available socket." What the hell? Then the error appears again. Then it spreads to about every other website, including LTT. I just barely had enough time to type this, while my internet allowed. I checked under the hood, a.k.a net internals, and tried flushing the socket cache, but I had to keep doing it after 5 seconds and then it doesn't work anymore. What the fuck caused this problem?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

What the fuck caused this problem?

Obviously installing and uninstalling hyper V...

Does it happen with other browsers?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

use Revo uninstaller, then reinstall it. it will remove any traces of the program so a fucked up config isn't going to mess up things

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

Do firefox and ie work? Or at least ping (open cmd.exe and type "ping www.google.com" without quotes)? If not, your computer is having network issues, if so, try reinstalling chrome, or just join the firefox awesome race ;)

HTTP/2 203

Do firefox and ie work? Or at least ping (open cmd.exe and type "ping www.google.com" without quotes)? If not, your computer is having network issues, if so, try reinstalling chrome, or just join the firefox awesome race ;)

Firefox works fine; I never ever use IE. Ping gets me at least 800ms lowest, worst 1600ms. Chrome's the only one with this issue.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Try uninstalling and re-installing chrome. If that doesn't work install another Chromium based browser, personally I recommend Comodo Dragon. I've been using it about a year or so and it performs much better than the standard chrome.

OK, so @colonel_mortis, I was wrong. The same goes for Firefox. Whenever I load a Google app, like Gmail, on Firefox, it says that the connection is always being refused. And plus, whenever I load another webpage not Google related, for say, here, it's bloody slow. I wait forever and ever just to see an error. But it might not just be my browsers. Spotify supposedly doesn't work either. Plus, editor broke again.

I use Hyper-V, while I don't have Chrome, I can tell you, it's not Hyper-V itself.

Remove the power of your router and modem, restart all systems in your network, and plug the power back on your modem and router.

Well, @GoodBytes, I did restart my router, and i guess it helped, but now my Rich Editor broke.

Great!

I don't know what Rich Editor is. I can't even find the official website. Do you mean: Rich Text Editor? :/

And how is it broken? I mean what error do you get? What is happening with the software? Did you try re-installing it?

@GoodBytes, I meant the text editor for LTT. It broke on me. Again. This is the 4th time. And I don't know how it keeps fixing itself, because after a long while, it works again. And it happens on Firefox more than Chrome.

@GoodBytes, I meant the text editor for LTT. It broke on me. Again. This is the 4th time. And I don't know how it keeps fixing itself, because after a long while, it works again. And it happens on Firefox more than Chrome.

I have Firefox and never had this problem. You probably have an add-on that changes content on web sites which makes LTT brake.

Try this:

-> Go on the Main Menu of Firefox

-> Click on "?" Help button

-> Restart with Add-ons Disabled.

This will start Firefox with all the add-ons disabled. Once you get there. Go in the Firefox option, and clear the cache, and delete all cookies related to LTT (or if you don't mind, clear all cookies you have). Go to LTT and login, and see if your problem is solved.

I have Firefox and never had this problem. You probably have an add-on that changes content on web sites which makes LTT brake.

Try this:

-> Go on the Main Menu of Firefox

-> Click on "?" Help button

-> Restart with Add-ons Disabled.

This will start Firefox with all the add-ons disabled. Once you get there. Go in the Firefox option, and clear the cache, and delete all cookies related to LTT (or if you don't mind, clear all cookies you have). Go to LTT and login, and see if your problem is solved.

Oh it works! Phew, I thought LTT was going crap. But the only extension I have is the FF LTT extension.

Oh it works! Phew, I thought LTT was going crap. But the only extension I have is the FF LTT extension.

Excellent!

Glad you are up and running again!

Yea I don't know what the extention does. I don't have it.