The GTX 780 Isn't as Good of a Deal as Most People Think !

They both used FXAA on the same game though. And you criticized Anandtech for doing it, but now you're okay with it because Hardware Canuck did it. <_<

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

They both used FXAA on the same game though. And you criticized Anandtech for doing it, but now you're okay with it because Hardware Canuck did it. <_<

I don't like FXAA no matter who or what is using it. Back on topic please as this thread is not about FXAA.

Antec 100, Msi 870 G45, Asus Xonar DGX, Creative Inspire T10 2.0, Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D, 4gb Corsair ram, Gigabyte HD 7850, AMD Phenom II x4 B55 @ 3.6Ghz, Cooler Master Hyper 212+, 500GB WD Caviar Black, Cooler Master RX 460, Samsung SyncMaster 226bw

Merged

Sure the prices are even wackier than they've ever been now (due to AMD's complete absence from the new video card scene) but that does not change the fact that if you want the best you have to pay a premium for it and that has always been true. 

You completely ignore the fact that nvidia in all their wisdom moved the buy in price up $100 and if that does not alarm you then you need a wake up call. gtx 480/580 $500 GTx 680 $550 gtx 780 $650 ...

Antec 100, Msi 870 G45, Asus Xonar DGX, Creative Inspire T10 2.0, Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D, 4gb Corsair ram, Gigabyte HD 7850, AMD Phenom II x4 B55 @ 3.6Ghz, Cooler Master Hyper 212+, 500GB WD Caviar Black, Cooler Master RX 460, Samsung SyncMaster 226bw

Wasn't the 8800GTX price similar to the GTX780? A lot of people still bought that card.

You completely ignore the fact that nvidia in all their wisdom moved the buy in price up $100 and if that does not alarm you then you need a wake up call. gtx 480/580 $500 GTx 680 $550 gtx 780 $650 ...

Bro, i see the days off made you come back even stronger! 

Now stop su**ing the AMD**k and think this way, you dont like what nvidia is doing, thats fine, no one forces you to buy them. And the way you talk up AMD is admirable/fanboylike you must believe that their next 9xxx gen cards will perform better than Nvidias counterparts and cost less. And if their cards are priced in the same way that the 7xxx series is priced then buy them. And more people will buy them since they are much cheaper than Nvidias 7xx series and everyone is happy!

I dont understand why you fuss so much about what Nvidia is doing, whether it be the price of their cards/performance/physx or the sticker that they put on the card no one forces you to buy them, thats why a monopoly is a bad thing. Just be happy that AMD is giving performance for less money.

PS: 1GB Vram is not enough for 1080p+ gaming

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

Top tier card prices have "always" fluctuated. yes, the 780 is more expensive than the 680, but if you go further back you'll find even more expensive cards than the 780 again. Nvidia will price their card according to the market, and at the time, the price they set seems spot on for the performance they deliver (and no, that doesn't mean there has to be a fixed ratio between price and fps that nvidia should adhere to)

Top tier card prices have "always" fluctuated. yes,

The buy in price is higher is all I am saying.

I think the point hes making is that the price is too high for the performance overall which comes from the fact that amd has nothing to match it up. when amd releases new series the price will drop instantly they cannot take as much premium when there is proper competetion.

• 1 month later...

Damn I'm glad I bought a 7970. I want AMD to release a competitor to shield though I like the technology, I would like to see it get cheaper though I don't want to pay for it. 

a lot of the games tested are optimized for AMD also

I'd like to know more about the test bed used to produce the results

edit: went to the source of the table and it showed a lot more games being used retract what i said.