how can my hdd be so full?

Wiff
Go to solution Solved by Wiff,

i found out what it, we had a windows crash  dump last year and there was still the copy on it, thanks

hey guys, I have to uninstall some games for my SSD, but I need(ed) to uninstall some games, but most games on this drive are on steam and there are a few GB for some other games, but my steam folder is 70GB and the other games 10GB, but how can there be 215GB on my HDD, what takes so muc hspace? Is there any way how to find out what programs that are?

hey guys, I have to uninstall some games for my SSD, but I need(ed) to uninstall some games, but most games on this drive are on steam and there are a few GB for some other games, but my steam folder is 70GB and the other games 10GB, but how can there be 215GB on my HDD, what takes so muc hspace? Is there any way how to find out what programs that are?

Go to ninite.com and only select WinDirStat bottom right. Run the program and select the HDD. It will give you an overview of what is taking up your space and where it is.

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Go to ninite.com and only select WinDirStat bottom right. Run the program and select the HDD. It will give you an overview of what is taking up your space and where it is.

i try that

Use treesize, it's better. I use it at work all the time...

Case:NZXT H440   CPU:3570k @ 4.4ghz   Cooler:Prolimatech Megahalems w/ ap121 p/p  GPU:Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770  RAM:Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16gb 1600mhz  Mobo:Sabertooth Z77     PSU:Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700w   Wheel: Logitech G27 + joystick as handbrake Asus DGX 5.1        Mouse: Corsair M65     Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger Cherry MX black  Headphones: ATH-M50s    Phone: Nexus 5 32GB  Earphones: Sennheiser CX 400ii    SSD: 120gb 840 evo  HDD: WD Enterprise 2TB    AMP&DAC: Schiit Stack. 

i found out what it, we had a windows crash  dump last year and there was still the copy on it, thanks

I use Jdisk report, it is pretty detailed and will tell you what files are taking up so much space.

CPU: Intel I7-4790k | MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Ram: Corsair Vengance 32GB 1600hz | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Reference

PSU: Corsair EVGA G2 850W  | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB, Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Case: Corsair 760T (White) | Peripherals: (2)Asus VS247H-P, Corsair M65, Corsair K70 RGB w/ Brown Switches