BioShock Comes to iOS!

RelentlessAF

So yeah get ready for a terribly downgraded and poorly running port like Borderlands 2 for the PS Vita!

I doubt it will be like that, a slight graphics downgrade maybe, a bit like HL2 and Portal 2 on shield

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-04-bioshock-1-announced-for-iphone-and-ipad

"During an hour's hands-on we found BioShock iOS to be a remarkably faithful version of the game, albeit shrunken down for smaller screens. The original game is all there, although with some compromises on how it looks.

This is especially evident during the game's fiery opening, when water and flame effects are of noticeably lower quality. Once within Rapture, however, the location's enclosed nature and general gloom soon look largely familiar, and you're able to rediscover the city in much of its original glory.

Doors leaking fountains of water, dying fish flapping on the ground - Rapture's details have survived into the port, although some textures will still catch the eye as looking tuned down."

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

How can you play a FPS with a touchscreen that isn't clunky as hell?

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

I doubt it will be like that

Probably will, It's a really nice looking game and iDevices are as far as I know not as powerful as a Vita.

They said the same about Borderlands and the Vita ^_^ you shouldn't believe everything they tell you. Like how Watch_Dogs just "happened" to run just as well on PS4 as PC.

You can't really, it'll either be an "Appified" watered down version or a terrible experience. Or both.

inb4 it's a sidescroller.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Probably will, It's a really nice looking game and iDevices are as far as I know not as powerful as a Vita.

Actually the PS Vita has the same chip than the iPad 4 and slower than the iPad air

Vita GPU Quad-core PowerVR SGX543MP4, which is slower than the 554 in the iPad 4. The AIR is even more powerful!!

Series 5XT (SGXMP)[edit]
PowerVR Series5XT SGXMP chips are multi-core variants of the SGX series with some updates. It is included in the PlayStation Vita portable gaming device with the MP4+ Model of the PowerVR SGX543, the only intended difference, aside from the + indicating features customized for Sony, is the cores, where MP4 denotes 4 cores (quad-core) whereas the MP8 denotes 8 cores (octo-core). The Allwinner A31 (quad-core mobile application processor) features the dual-core SGX544 MP2. The Apple iPad 2 and iPhone 4S with the A5 SoC also feature a dual-core SGX543MP2. The iPad (3rd generation) A5X SoC features the quad-core SGX543MP4.[6] The iPhone 5 A6 SoC features the tri-core SGX543MP3. The iPad (4th generation) A6X SoC features the quad-core SGX554MP4. The Exynos variant of the Samsung Galaxy S4 sports the tri-core SGX544MP3 clocked at 533  MHz

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Actually the PS Vita has the same chip than the iPad 4 and slower than the iPad air

Vita GPU Quad-core PowerVR SGX543MP4, which is slower than the 554 in the iPad 4. The AIR is even more powerful!!

Series 5XT (SGXMP)[edit]
PowerVR Series5XT SGXMP chips are multi-core variants of the SGX series with some updates. It is included in the PlayStation Vita portable gaming device with the MP4+ Model of the PowerVR SGX543, the only intended difference, aside from the + indicating features customized for Sony, is the cores, where MP4 denotes 4 cores (quad-core) whereas the MP8 denotes 8 cores (octo-core). The Allwinner A31 (quad-core mobile application processor) features the dual-core SGX544 MP2. The Apple iPad 2 and iPhone 4S with the A5 SoC also feature a dual-core SGX543MP2. The iPad (3rd generation) A5X SoC features the quad-core SGX543MP4.[6] The iPhone 5 A6 SoC features the tri-core SGX543MP3. The iPad (4th generation) A6X SoC features the quad-core SGX554MP4. The Exynos variant of the Samsung Galaxy S4 sports the tri-core SGX544MP3 clocked at 533  MHz

Interesting but have you played the Vita version? It made me feel sick :o

I would do comparison shots but it would have to be from a phone on the screen so they would look pretty bad.

post-56178-0-80703900-1407163690.gif

Oh that's baws, only have android right now but I do want to get another phone for a back up

Project Restomod (In progress)

Retoast? Wut? Double post...

When I clicked post the forum crashed and after refreshing it said I posted twice.

Waiting for Android version where the app size limitations won't absolutely destroy the experience. This iOS version is ugly as hell.

bioshockios_96pxfullbleed.jpg

By the way, @ZetZet, it is the full original Bioshock.

I would do comparison shots but it would have to be from a phone on the screen so they would look pretty bad.

attachicon.gifBorderlands-2-PS-VITA-VS-PC.gif

damn, that is a really shitty downgrade, looks more like borderlands 1 

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

yeah the vita version is shit!!!! its frame rate is the main issue for me

GTA was fine on my iPad. But this... No. Glad I don't have one anymore.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Whoever thought shoving a game that runs smoothly only on PCs and mildly on consoles onto the only thing that is worse than the iMac/Macbook must've been swallowing a strange concoction of things in order to come up with an idea such as this.

youre_fucking_retarded-s600x600-49582.jp

DAZZA THE DRAGON, MEMER AND KING OF DORITOS AND MOUNTAIN DEW.

Waiting for Android version where the app size limitations won't absolutely destroy the experience. This iOS version is ugly as hell.

bioshockios_96pxfullbleed.jpg

By the way, @ZetZet, it is the full original Bioshock.

So retina-ey  :lol:

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

The only way this will work properly is with a controller. On screen touch controls are terrible.

Mobo: MSI X99A Gaming 7 | CPU: 5820K | CPU Cooler: H100i with NF-F12s in push | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 | GPU: MSI GTX 780 Gaming Edition | SSDs: Samsung 840 EVO & 250GB Sandisk Extreme 120GB | HDD: Various

So retina-ey  :lol:

I know right, I can barely distinguish between all two of the pixels

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

I know right, I can barely distinguish between all two of the pixels

Uh sir, there are clearly 4 pixels.  Get your facts straight.

iOS has app size limitations? 

Better tell that to KotOR which takes up a whopping 2GBs...

They should release it on the shield tablet so it would actually look good.

RTX2070OC 

iOS has app size limitations? 

Better tell that to KotOR which takes up a whopping 2GBs...

2gb is max.

Spoiler

As far as I know Android also has an app size limit. APKs are something really low like 50 megabytes but an app can download 2 expansion files that are 2 gigabytes each. So the limit is 4 gigabytes.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.