Boycott the gtx 780

jecho

This card is overpriced as hell and Nvidia needs to be taught a lesson. Why would you pay $150 dollars for next gen. Will you pay $800 for the gtx 880. Where does it stop. Everyone should boycott these cards until they become reasonable purchases.

<p> AMD Ryzen 7 5800x l ASUS TUF X570-PLUS l G.Skill Trident Z Neo Series RGB 32GB l Sapphire Pulse RX 7900 XTX

For that performance, the price is more than fair to be honest. Well at least I feel that way. I'll be getting a 780 myself.

Fancy buying two and letting me, erm... "Borrow" one?

I missed all the G.Freeman action :(

I can't say i miss him :D but what happen to him. I think his account is deleted or something.

Sorry if my English is not perfect, but it isn't my native language :)

I'm not boycotting it necessarily, but it looks like it's going to be $850 here. Given that I game at 2560x1600 I'm tempted to just order a titan off amazon for ~1k.

Desktop - Custom watercooled R4E/i7 3930k/GTX 780 SLI/32gb 2400mhz DDR3/Xonar STX/OCZ V4 256gb RAID 0/24tb RAID 5

Laptop - Clevo P370EM - i7 3630QM/GTX 680M SLI/8gb 1866mhz DDR3/840 pro 256gb RAID 0/750gb mechanical

let me guess you have an amd card?

No I have a gtx 670. I just think the consumer, us, is letting the increase the price for no reason. Nobody should have ever bought a Titan. Thant thing is a ripoff. Yeah its cool, but $1000 USD, No. Now this will guarantee that Maxwell will be crazy expensive. Nvidia will price cards so high that the typical PC gamer will be forced to only afford midranged cards. You people that buy the most recent tech for a drastic increase in price are the reason that $1000 Titans ever happened. Should the next Samsung galaxy cost 50% more because the cpu is 50% better.

<p> AMD Ryzen 7 5800x l ASUS TUF X570-PLUS l G.Skill Trident Z Neo Series RGB 32GB l Sapphire Pulse RX 7900 XTX

No I have a gtx 670. I just think the consumer, us, is letting the increase the price for no reason. Nobody should have ever bought a Titan. Thant thing is a ripoff. Yeah its cool, but $1000 USD, No. Now this will guarantee that Maxwell will be crazy expensive. Nvidia will price cards so high that the typical PC gamer will be forced to only afford midranged cards. You people that buy the most recent tech for a drastic increase in price are the reason that $1000 Titans ever happened. Should the next Samsung galaxy cost 50% more because the cpu is 50% better.

The price isn't increased for no reason you fool! You get what you pay for.

hello

The only cards anyone should be getting are the 7950/7970's that is where the best price/performance is.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

The price isn't increased for no reason you fool! You get what you pay for.

do you really think that any piece of hardware is worth someone's one month salary?

Some of you people need to take your 650 and take a class in economics.

It's about $50 overpriced. It could have been much much worse. And KFA2 already has a sub-$600 version out. I'm probably still not getting a 780, undecided. I'll wait for 770 performance tests.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

This is how the economy works.

If people are willing to pay more, than the card will cost more. That's the end of the matter.

Just get the freaking 7970 Ghz 6GB for 550$ ....

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

What do you mean raise the prices? Does no one remember the 280? 650$ at launch. It basically destroys anything ATI has to offer. Your comparison between the 780 and Samsung is absolute trash. The S4 competes with other phones in the same league with similar performance. Right now the 780 and Titan are untouchable.

3x Dell U2412M |Silverstone FT03 | Maximus V Gene | 3770K @ 4.5Ghz 1.2V | SLI GTX780 | Mushkin Ridgeback 8GB 1600 CL7 | Corsair AX760

Titan is not more expensive than other top tier cards have been and still are (7990), as mentioned.

780 is actually cheap from a certain perspective, given how close it is to titan.

Whether something is "worth it" is entirely subjective, I'm on student income this year or I'd likely already have a couple, but if and when I get back to working and earning an easy $1000 a week then it would make more sense for me. $1000 a month is far less than anyone I know makes, and also far more than many people in the world make. You can't say it isn't worth $1000 just because you can't afford $1000.

Desktop - Custom watercooled R4E/i7 3930k/GTX 780 SLI/32gb 2400mhz DDR3/Xonar STX/OCZ V4 256gb RAID 0/24tb RAID 5

Laptop - Clevo P370EM - i7 3630QM/GTX 680M SLI/8gb 1866mhz DDR3/840 pro 256gb RAID 0/750gb mechanical