Prince Oberyn depression? [Game of Thrones spoilers]

Tacitus

Well I've only read the first book, so no spoilers please. My mother has read the books and she was depressed all day after seeing the Mountain kill him. She informs me he was much better in the program than the book, and everyone I know who has read them was depressed afterward.

For me it was disappointing because The Mountain was down, flat on his back and truly bested by a skillful warrior.

Typical Thrones!

So who else is depressed about it/misses Oberyn?

Denial version:

I still haven't watched Game of Thrones.  Something I planned to do but nope.  I was so caught up in Criminal Minds I had no time for this.  As for what I have watched lately it has been movies and a mix of different things but no Game of Thrones.  I thought after the episode two weeks ago Under the Dome was getting really good but then they had a horrible episode this past week.  I am worried about where this show is going.  Acting once again went back to being poor and now they introduced a ridiculous tunnel through a school locker which made me want to do a face palm.  Eh hoping for better in the future but hey if they fail maybe I will find time for Game of Thrones.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

You ask for no spoilers, but you yourself are dropping spoilers.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Yes think about it all the time ;,,,(

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

You ask for no spoilers, but you yourself are dropping spoilers.

Can I edit the post to warn of spoilers?

EDIT: the topic title

I still haven't watched Game of Thrones.  Something I planned to do but nope.  I was so caught up in Criminal Minds I had no time for this.

I'd highly advise you watch Thrones, it makes everything else seem not so good. In other words, I've been spoiled by the greatness of thrones.

Can I edit the post to warn of spoilers?

EDIT: the topic title

Yeah, just click "Edit" on the original post you made on the thread, click "Full Editor" and then you can change and apply a new title.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Fuck no! This is exactly why I love show. I want to be shocked.....

I don't watch TV or movies so I feel good....I watch them so I feel emotion! Good or bad.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

I'd highly advise you watch Thrones, it makes everything else seem not so good. In other words, I've been spoiled by the greatness of thrones.

have you watched hannibal? The greatest show that nobody watches

Its pure art.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Yeah, just click "Edit" on the original post you made on the thread, click "Full Editor" and then you can change and apply a new title.

Edited the post - I want people who have seen it to know what I'm on about but not give too much away to those not caught up. Any better suggestions?

Fuck no! This is exactly why I love show. I want to be shocked.....

I don't watch TV or movies so I feel good....I watch them so I feel emotion! Good or bad.

The beauty of Thrones is that it is never predictable. If the unpredictable always happened then the viewer would know to never predict the obvious but that isn't always the case. Tyrion's first trial by combat is an obvious affair where he got off the hook straight and easy.

It's not that Thrones is always unpredictable, it's that it isn't always predictable. Best Program Ever.

I love GoT and this scene made me stand up and yell "YO WHAT THE FUCK THAT GUY'S MUG GOT BUSTED" at my television.

I've never referred to someone's head as their "mug" before that point. this show has corrupted me

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

You have to realize one rule in this series.  SPOILERS

Martin delights in the suffering of good people, and grants quick passage to those with the blackest hearts.  

Ned Stark went quickly, but not before a public betrayal by Joffrey where he orders his head severed, in front of his daughters.  Cruel, just for the sake of.  

Rob Stark and Wife and mother murdered in cold blood at a wedding feast, the pregnant wife repeatedly stabbed in the gut to the horror of family around them.  The scene is bloody and gory and cruel.  Just for the sake of.

But joffrey dies you say ?!?  Sure, by poison, and goes quickly.  He deserved WORSE !!!!!!!!!!

But the mountain is defeated right?  Not really, oberyn defeats him through speed and cunning, only to have his head crushed by a poisoned and dying and crippled mountain.  The mountain is then taken in by qyburn and salvaged in some form.  More than just about ANY other he deserves a gruesome death, but no, he is spared that fate.

Martin is a sadist, he delights in the suffering of good creatures, and gives a pass to the most evil and vile people to ever have existed.  I fear for Daenerys life.  Oh and btw, Cersei still lives, that evil bitch of a woman, wicked to the core, serpent among demons, she lives to cause more harm I am sure.  

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

Edited the post - I want people who have seen it to know what I'm on about but not give too much away to those not caught up. Any better suggestions?

I think you have done a good enough job.

Thanks for that. I presume you've read the books?

Thanks for that. I presume you've read the books?

Nope, not at all, though all of this seems interesting enough that I may start.

Nope, not at all, though all of this seems interesting enough that I may start.

I read the first one lately - it made for easy reading given I know what is going on at this time, but gave certain insights otherwise unknown to the TV viewer.

For instance, Jon and Arya are really close, and the Journey to the Vale of Arryn is very detailed. Tyrion is really cool, except he shags fewer prostitutes...

The beauty of Thrones is that it is never predictable. If the unpredictable always happened then the viewer would know to never predict the obvious but that isn't always the case. Tyrion's first trial by combat is an obvious affair where he got off the hook straight and easy.

It's not that Thrones is always unpredictable, it's that it isn't always predictable. Best Program Ever.

Agreed!

I haven't read the books since that tends to spoil things for me. But I do listen to a game of thrones podcast after each episode where they talk about the books in relation to that episode...so no spoilers about the future......And there are a few things im a little disappointed in.....a huge majority of everything that happens with either jon snow or Daenerys Targaryen is not in the books but just created because they need to be in almost every episode.

I would like them to spend less time on them and more on the rest of the books. Like the scene where the slave soldier sees that chick naked......Completely made up. Was never in the book.

You have to realize one rule in this series.  SPOILERS

Martin delights in the suffering of good people, and grants quick passage to those with the blackest hearts.  

Ned Stark went quickly, but not before a public betrayal by Joffrey where he orders his head severed, in front of his daughters.  Cruel, just for the sake of.  

Rob Stark and Wife and mother murdered in cold blood at a wedding feast, the pregnant wife repeatedly stabbed in the gut to the horror of family around them.  The scene is bloody and gory and cruel.  Just for the sake of.

But joffrey dies you say ?!?  Sure, by poison, and goes quickly.  He deserved WORSE !!!!!!!!!!

But the mountain is defeated right?  Not really, oberyn defeats him through speed and cunning, only to have his head crushed by a poisoned and dying and crippled mountain.  The mountain is then taken in by qyburn and salvaged in some form.  More than just about ANY other he deserves a gruesome death, but no, he is spared that fate.

Martin is a sadist, he delights in the suffering of good creatures, and gives a pass to the most evil and vile people to ever have existed.  I fear for Daenerys life.  Oh and btw, Cersei still lives, that evil bitch of a woman, wicked to the core, serpent among demons, she lives to cause more harm I am sure.  

I know right...:Isn't it just awesome!?

Fuck daenerys. Im sick of her shit. She is exactly what we were supposed to hate about her brother. Its my throne, its my crown, its my kingdom....Oh STFU! You haven't earned shit.

Why should we root for her at this point? Her dragons are killing everybody and it had to kill a small child before she took action. And she is deluded and selfobsessed at this point.

Agreed!

I haven't read the books since that tends to spoil things for me. But I do listen to a game of thrones podcast after each episode where they talk about the books in relation to that episode...so no spoilers about the future......And there are a few things im a little disappointed in.....a huge majority of everything that happens with either jon snow or Daenerys Targaryen is not in the books but just created because they need to be in almost every episode.

I would like them to spend less time on them and more on the rest of the books. Like the scene where the slave soldier sees that chick naked......Completely made up. Was never in the book.

This I'm aware of, but the problem is caused by one book being split into two volumes. I'm going to start the second book tomorrow I think :)

This I'm aware of, but the problem is caused by one book being split into two volumes. I'm going to start the second book tomorrow I think :)

Im pretty sure its caused by the writers knowing that the audiences like those two characters and that there are large parts of the books where they aren't present.

And american tv always underestimates the audiences intelligence in terms of remembering.

Im pretty sure its caused by the writers knowing that the audiences like those two characters and that there are large parts of the books where they aren't present.

And american tv always underestimates the audiences intelligence in terms of remembering.

I'm not sure it's an underestimation ;)

I'm not sure it's an underestimation ;)

You might be right....but you don't have to show them every single episode. I would have far preferred if they had shown far more about the battle with the wildlings. In the books they fight for days. It just seemed rushed, you know? We see a terrible battle, we know that they have 100,000 men and then suddenly stannis is there, and they surrender in 30 seconds.

You might be right....but you don't have to show them every single episode. I would have far preferred if they had shown far more about the battle with the wildlings. In the books they fight for days. It just seemed rushed, you know? We see a terrible battle, we know that they have 100,000 men and then suddenly stannis is there, and they surrender in 30 seconds.

And in the first book it takes Jon and Tyrion 18 days to reach the Wall. The Journey to the Eyrie is big too. The book is of grandiose proportions and the program does a pretty good job of conveying what matters.

And in the first book it takes Jon and Tyrion 18 days to reach the Wall. The Journey to the Eyrie is big too. The book is of grandiose proportions and the program does a pretty good job of conveying what matters.

Oh, I agree....im just nitpicking. I really enjoy the show. Except for the fact that I have to wait til next year to see it.

Always watch it with my cousin and there will always be a few times each episode where one of us just yells "THERE ARE NO BAD ACTORS IN THIS SHOW"..........Which is what happens when hollywood ignores american actors for european ones :P