VisionTek Releases a Single-Slot (!) Radeon 295X2

Gachr

An AMD's partner, VisionTek has released their own, non-stock version of the Radeon 295X2. The card is the standard 295X2 with a nickel/acrylic water block from EKWB. The most interesting thing about it is that it is single slot, so it is possible to do interesting things with it ;) I/O will include one DVI and four mini display port ports on the back. The card will also come in water-cooling kits with EKWB parts.

CryoVenom-Radeon-R9-295X2-635x635.jpg

88a.jpg

Source & Pricing: http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/visiontek-cryovenom-radeon-r9-295x2-liquid-cooled-graphics-card.html

What do you think? I would love to see one in an Arc case mounted in the single, additional PCI-E slot.

Looks neat I like the transparency although now you really need a case that supports mobo upside downness. Thankfully there are some or at least one that I saw. Or obviously horizontal would work too.

Oh look! Yate Loons in Camo  B)

FX8120 @ 5.0GHz | Sabertooth 990FX | Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB @ 2133MHz | Powercolor HD7950 @ 1300/1800 | Bitfenix Shinobi XL Modded | Corsair AX850 | Mushkin 120GB & Seagate 2TB | Bitfenix Recon | 5X SP120 PE | 6X Yate Loon 120mm HS

Koolance 200 Res | 2X Koolance 360 Rads | Danger Den CPX Pro | EK 7950 Block | Koolance CPU Block | Bitspower & XSPC Fittings

Green Machine

Thank god someone besides ASUS is doing this. I imagine there's a huge market for single-slot high-end cards.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

Oh look, another product I can't afford. Yay!

That's really nice though.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

i wish it had 6 dp outputs

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Uhm. Aren't all cards that come with a water block by default made to be single slot or am I missing something?

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

Uhm. Aren't all cards that come with a water block by default made to be single slot or am I missing something?

Not all of them, and most people buy aftermarket waterblocks, leaving you with a single slot card with a dual-slot PCI-E bracket.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

Physical sixe is singe slot, but they still usually have that dual slot IO bracket at the back, making it so that you still can't use the slot directly below.

E: I should've guessed I'd be ninja'd

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

At this point couldn't we just buy two single slot watercooled r9 290xs and save money? The whole point of the 295x2 was to have better cooling and uncompromised single card performance at the cost of a price premium. In this case however the price is just too high to have it make sense. I can't think of many cases where this would be preferable to two single slot cards or the reference version, the only thing I can think of is a mini-itx board in a super compact case, but who would want such a high end card in an ultra small case?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

At this point couldn't we just buy two single slot watercooled r9 290xs and save money? The whole point of the 295x2 was to have better cooling and uncompromised single card performance at the cost of a price premium. In this case however the price is just too high to have it make sense. I can't think of many cases where this would be preferable to two single slot cards or the reference version, the only thing I can think of is a mini-itx board in a super compact case, but who would want such a high end card in an ultra small case?

No the point was also that having 1 physical card it's better than having 2 even if the number of chips is the same. Having them on a single slot solution means it's even easier and cleaner to fit this into a small mitx rig or it's main intended purpose: enthusiast custom water loop build people who actually can afford an expensive card like this yet this takes some of the work out of it and looks better

-------

Current Rig

-------

No the point was also that having 1 physical card it's better than having 2 even if the number of chips is the same. Having them on a single slot solution means it's even easier and cleaner to fit this into a small mitx rig or it's main intended purpose: enthusiast custom water loop build people who actually can afford an expensive card like this yet this takes some of the work out of it and looks better

hm I guess you're right.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

>EK already sold the waterblock and a single slot bracket

>this is probably more expensive in a kit than ek would be

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Not all of them, and most people buy aftermarket waterblocks, leaving you with a single slot card with a dual-slot PCI-E bracket.

And, it looks fucking terribly ugly.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

yeah, only $2000

CPU AMD FX 8350 @5GHz. Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula Z. RAM 8GB G.Skill Sniper. GPU Reference Sapphire Radeon R9 290X. Case Fractal Design Define XL R2. Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD and 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K. PSU XFX 850BEFX Pro 850W 80+ Gold. Cooler XSPC RayStorm

So I guess no one's heard of a single slot PCIe bracket? Also... eww bay res/pump...

Dat kit...  :o awesome!

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p