Show off your latest purchases

That reminds me.  My keyboard came today too.  Not as fancy as those above and absolutely filthy...but it works

PXL_20230712_153242597.thumb.jpg.c1fe9b3596bbf1d0699c2d4503d92527.jpg

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

image.png.f4d1c1e7cca7dd98e30ac96081ac3101.png

Well with the sale on, now my partner gets a short circuit hoodie, kiddo will have one, I have a Wan one already, but now we all get bottles too,

Be silly not to.

4 hours ago, ChonkerFox said:

That reminds me.  My keyboard came today too.  Not as fancy as those above and absolutely filthy...but it works

PXL_20230712_153242597.thumb.jpg.c1fe9b3596bbf1d0699c2d4503d92527.jpg

I remember those one..had dim was it connector with spiral cable.

Back then Chicony made good keyboards.

And this keyboard you can drop it from 3rd floor will survive.

I believe IBM made a lot simillar to it.

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

21 minutes ago, frozensun said:

I remember those one..had dim was it connector with spiral cable.

Back then Chicony made good keyboards.

And this keyboard you can drop it from 3rd floor will survive.

I believe IBM made a lot simillar to it.

yeah it came with an 5 pin din to PS/2 adapter too but the PC I'm using it on doesn't have PS/2 ports only a PS/2 mouse port header on the board (and f*ck knows where i'll get a bracket for that these days)  Funnily enough after some finagling with windows drivers and installing the same driver over and over again (I'm guessing for the N-Key rollover) I can actually use my Ducky One2 mini RGB and my G305 in windows on it.  DOS doesn't like the keyboard though.  I think, again, cause it installs about 4-5 different keyboards it takes at least two presses of each key to register a stroke.  So I'll be using the AT Keyboard and the Microsoft Serial Mouse (when that comes) on the K6-2 and the ducky and the G305 on my XP era machine

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

prime day buy also

R.jpg

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

KMFDM - Hyëna

IMG_5735.thumb.jpeg.2243946ca8f4ec300ac19d4a98807360.jpeg

Haven’t heard any of it or even snippets of it, so it’ll be a fun experience in the blind.

Its hard to keep track of KMFDM albums, they have released 22 albums since 1984 and if you include the compilation/remix albums it’s over 50 I’m pretty sure. 
They’re one of my primary choices for putting together a list and trying to collect the entire discography, it would be super fun. There are sadly a few digipack CDs in there which, digipack CDs are the worst invention ever.

8 minutes ago, Bitter said:

I'm jealous, I want some solar panels.

Here's a solar panel for you:

|___|___|___|___|___|

Just replaced my Tab S 10.5 with a S8+ 256 GB, $1100 CAD with tax from Best Buy, very good deal. 2014-2023, the tablet had a good run. 

Netflix started playing pixelated like Amazon Prime for God knows why. Crave required Android 7. Casual browsing took an irksome amount of time. 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

Hooded Monk Robe

10 commander decks mtgs

sleeves also to go with it.

dice set

1 funko

(all amazon prime day stuff)

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

Since prime day came around some purchase were made.

We got a Delonghi Magnifica EVO bean to cup machine since the cheap espresso machine we had before had flow problems and wasn't really convenient and I've got to say, the convenience is amazing. Espresso at the touch of button is amazing, it makes good coffee, it's been perfect so far. Only minor drawback is we didn't get the model with the attachment for automatic milk drinks but that doesn't really bother me. I was an occasional coffee drinker before but this definitely changed that. Alognside it I got some Vanila Bulk Zero Calorie Barista Sryup which tasted great and is pretty cheap at 5.50£ for a liter and some Lavazza Rosa coffee beans. The Evo was 350£ which is quite a bit for a coffee machine but in the grand scale of coffee machine this is a cheap one.

IMG_3033_result.thumb.jpg.e9ef7469fda8c20544bc56559943ac6f.jpg

As for the other thing. That's a LG Ultragear 27GQ50F, a 27 inch, 1080, 165hz VA panel monitor with FreeSync Premium, for 110£ it was a bargain and so far it's been great, definitely an upgrade over the 24 inch 60hz tn panel I had before. I can kinda see that 1440p might have been a better resolution for this size when I get close but it's not something that bothers me. Overall it seems like a great monitor, the OSD is great, it has one of those joysticks at the bottom instead of some other stupid alignment of buttons and you have control over various options, plus the crosshair option is neat for hitting some no scopes in CSGO. I picked this one over a 24 inch monitor with similar specs because the cost was the same and it got me a larger monitor. And the bezzels are decently thing, not overly chunky but amazingly thin either. I've been really enjoying this monitor this past few days and it finally makes the RX5700XT I got so long ago worth it.

IMG_3004_result.thumb.jpg.4f4dfccdf39fa6a8bff415e4a7aad807.jpgIMG_3034_result.thumb.jpg.baa7adc50fcb6e70a0609bc32b1bae2d.jpgIMG_3035_result.thumb.jpg.e0f0ec4826cd84ff7d81969f1c665043.jpgIMG_3036_result.thumb.jpg.a09be5c70f1a5087fe6439f14063e4c6.jpg

55 minutes ago, 8tg said:

Hyëna

Being a Chicago native and growing up listening to house late night on Q101 I feel a connection with KMFDM. I've always liked their music but I'm a pretty casual listener comparatively.

On 7/12/2023 at 7:40 PM, Bitter said:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BWDBJFCF/

A spot welder so I can rebuild my own battery packs for power tools and mod them with extra cells or higher capacity/higher draw cells.

I did a few test spot welds on the included strip, easily does it 2 and 3 times folded over at less than maximum power. I need to make a mount to hold it to the work area. Next up are some 18650 cells and thicker nickel strip.

7 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Being a Chicago native and growing up listening to house late night on Q101 I feel a connection with KMFDM. I've always liked their music but I'm a pretty casual listener comparatively.

same, northwest indiana, thats where i originally got into it as a kid was 101.1 in the early 2000's

probably not the music of choice for... i think i was 8 or 9 years old when i first heard tohuvabohu

but my parents let me listen to whatever, music was unrestricted, so the following few years i had a bunch of early industrial and underground in general

1 hour ago, 8tg said:

same, northwest indiana, thats where i originally got into it as a kid was 101.1 in the early 2000's

probably not the music of choice for... i think i was 8 or 9 years old when i first heard tohuvabohu

but my parents let me listen to whatever, music was unrestricted, so the following few years i had a bunch of early industrial and underground in general

Yeah hahaha listening to Love Line at 10pm each night taught me WAAAAY more than I should have known at that age but did me a world of good 👍 Not only did I ace health classes I didn't pickup any VD or knock anyone up. 95.5 has some good music if you're still in the region.

42 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Shouldn't it be Fiat???

It’s all Stellantis now.

If you suffer from erectile dysfunction, talk to your doctor about Stellantis.

A hellcat won’t make your dick work but it’ll make you think your dick works.

2 hours ago, Bitter said:

IMG_20230717_141855.thumb.jpg.66da91c450ee197b92a6a39b7d5229ba.jpgNew parts tray that has a camera breaking color. I love it. Shame they don't come in hi-vis pink.

God that thing is such an offensive color. I want one for my service truck.

Main Rig:

Ryzen 5800x, ASUS Crosshair Hero VII Wi-Fi, 32gb of Corsair Vengence Pro SL 3600 CL18, MSI Ventus 2 OC RTX 3060 12gb, Corsair H115i Pro AIO cooler, Soundblaster AE-7, Beyerdynamic DT 990 Edition 600 Ohm headphones, Creative Giga Speakers, 1tb ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD, 1tb Intel 665P NVME SSD, 500gb Samsung 850 EVO SATA SSD, 8tb WB Black SATA HDD, LG SATA Blue Ray Drive, Corsair CX850M PSU, Coolermaster Stryker case, ROG ARGB strips, China ARGB fans, China ARGB SSD heat sink. 🤣

HTPC:

Erying 11800 ES CPU/Mobo combo, 32GB of Corsair LPX 3200 CL16, Gigabyte 4060 8gb LP, Thermalright AXP90 full copper cooler, WD Black SN770 500gb NVME SSD, WD Black SN770 1tb NVME SSD, Crucial MX500 2tb SATA SSD, WD Blue 2tb SATA HDD, Pioneer Blu-Ray burner, Intel AX200 WiFi/Bluetooth, Seasonic 300w TFX PSU, Silverstone ML11 case. STILL NO RGB! 😭

Retro Gamer PC:

VIA C3 1000Mhz, VIA Epia PD-10000 LVDS, 1gb of Kingston DDR, PNY Geforce FX5500 128mb PCI, WD 80GB HDD, Random CD-ROM, Random 250w mini psu, Mini ITX case 🤣

1 hour ago, OU812 said:

God that thing is such an offensive color. I want one for my service truck.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0785XP8ZP

They make a lot of good stuff, these trays are pretty impervious to everything. I've seen 2 fail from chemical exposure to carb cleaner....after like 15 years. Everything they make, as far as I know, is available in the hi-vis color too. It stands out so bad.

Waiting on things to arrive, CDs:

IMG_5864.thumb.jpeg.940a2418b23ba8d6452ef1ce9321c9ce.jpeg

And a n100 build:

IMG_5863.thumb.jpeg.2e9accf3ddc8415f13ab65490261d7b8.jpeg

IMG_5858.png.d394e23093742dd6b33c12559d6fe68e.png

The board I got from grooves so it might take a bit to get here, might not, who knows. 

Gonna put it together with the Corsair rm1000x for the lulz and whatever gpu seems suitable

potentially just igpu if it functions well enough