If Corsair started making motherboards & graphics cards...

I like Corsair's PSUs, simply because their designs are elegant and minimalistic.  So many PSUs have the gaudiest looking stickers and color accents...  And for the most part Corsair's are reliable, with awesome warranties.

But other than that, I'm not really a big Corsair fan.  Other companies offer better liquid coolers, RAM that's just as good, more stylish cases, better SSDs, better fans, and better peripherals for the same prices.

I doubt mobos and GPUs from Corsair would be all that stellar.  Corsair is no ASUS.  ASUS just destroys in every market segment it enters.   :lol:

(Honestly the only Corsair case I've ever liked is the 600T.)

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

Well it all depends on how they make it. They don't really have much experience in terms on motherboard making . Sure they have some of the most premium parts on the market, which probably will translate into a motherboard that's really well made but I'll wait and see what actual reviewers think of them when they release it.

Why you gotta be so negative half of the time? :(

lol at second quote

My Best 2013 Bitfenix Prodigy Build  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy White | Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX | CPU: Intel i7 3770k | CPU Cooler: H100i | GPU: GTX 690

Fan Controller: Bitfenix Recon | Ram: Patriot IEM 16GB @ 1600mhz | Primary Storage: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Backup Drives: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: Seasonic X850

I would kill myself from excitement then get revived then get on that right away. MMMMMMMMMMMM

You can't review a product that doesn't exist yet, they're motherboards could be baller. It's hard to say before they actual make them, which in turn I think is never gonna happen.

Would I buy them? Probably, depends on reviews and looks. So far ASUS, Evga and Gigabyte has worked out fine for me.

Knowing Corsair they aren't stupid. So we can all agree that they might not be the best, buuuuut, they are sure to not be the worst if they ever to come out with mobos.

Knowing Corsair they aren't stupid. So we can all agree that they might not be the best, buuuuut, they are sure to not be the worst if they ever to come out with mobos.

Corsair wouldn't be the first company with a great reputation to release something so horrible their reputation would be permanently marked forever. An example would be the IBM Deskstar GXP line, later nicknamed the "IBM Deathstars" for good reason.

If its all Corsair its the same as pre built, no point. Im not really a fan of Corsair since there are always good/better alternatives.

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

Let's get this straight: If Corsair would ''make'' a mobo/GPU they wouldn't actually MAKE it. It would most likely be a rebrand of something else.

Other then that, it would probably be overpriced, gimmicky and fanboys would orgasm over it, which is why I would steer away.

I think Corsair is a very ''safe'' option and therefore very boring. A lot of their stuff isn't even good, like the fans. The SSD's are mediocre (there are better ones in the same price range). The only thing I would consider by Corsair are their cases, and even then I like Silverstone and Lian Li better. There are very good alternatives to Corsair stuff.

I don't get what the deal is with people liking Corsair so much. Maybe it's just because they cover a lot of stuff, the aesthetics are clean and every unboxer ever seems to be sponsored by them

Corsair wouldn't be the first company with a great reputation to release something so horrible their reputation would be permanently marked forever. An example would be the IBM Deskstar GXP line, later nicknamed the "IBM Deathstars" for good reason.

Cool man well you still can't be sure until they do. You could be totally wrong.

I usually search for what offers the best bang for the buck and read up quite a bit on parts I intend to buy, especially motherboards and GPUs. So if they make good motherboards which get good reviews and people trust them, then I will consider them if they don't, then I'll go to other brands, I like Corsair for the products they already make, but brand name doesn't matter if that particular product isn't that good. 

Even better, they are not even a board partner, they make their own chipsets. 

What I think that Corsair is good at is listening to the enthusiasts.

If they were to make or relabel motherboards, the first round of boards will probably fall short in different ways, but you can bet your ass that they will fix those issues.

My expectation is that they will make sure the motherboard will look nice, have nice placement on all of the connectors, and have the best expansion slot layout.  

Key examples? USB 3.0 Right Angle Header.  All-Black motherboard PCB, etc.  

Also, I bet Corsair would even bother to put the Front Audio header with the rest of the front panel headers, and not like every other motherboard manufacturer who just put it randomly somewhere in the middle.

And you can bet your ass Corsair will make it so that their CLC solutions will fit on even smaller cases, where some motherboards VRM heatsinks are too tall on the top of the motherboard.

This is what Corsair excels at.  They are quick to understand what the consumer wants when the consumer asks for something that is obvious.

Another thing that I think Corsair would be great at would be the UEFI.

Where I think Corsair will fall short?   Where things aren't so black and white.  The actual performance of the motherboard besides the aesthetics.  They won't have the experience of Gigabyte or Asus to make a board that is able to overclock as well or be as reliable.

They will cost more than their equally performing counterparts, because of they attention they pay to physical design.

the reason that corsair cant make those is because then they would have a monopoly on the market and that sirs is illegal ;)

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

I don't see why everyone loves Corsair so much. They make nice cases, and is one of the rare companies that doesn't have any fire hazard level PSUs, though a couple of theirs aren't great. None of their other products seem like anything special; their keyboards are pretty bad, with their red keyswitches, and their mice are too heavy and have ADSN 9500/9800 sensors.

If they were to make or relabel motherboards, the first round of boards will probably fall short in different ways, but you can bet your ass that they will fix those issues.

My expectation is that they will make sure the motherboard will look nice, have nice placement on all of the connectors, and have the best expansion slot layout.  

Key examples? USB 3.0 Right Angle Header.  All-Black motherboard PCB, etc.  

Also, I bet Corsair would even bother to put the Front Audio header with the rest of the front panel headers, and not like every other motherboard manufacturer who just put it randomly somewhere in the middle.

And you can bet your ass Corsair will make it so that their CLC solutions will fit on even smaller cases, where some motherboards VRM heatsinks are too tall on the top of the motherboard.

This is what Corsair excels at.  They are quick to understand what the consumer wants when the consumer asks for something that is obvious.

Another thing that I think Corsair would be great at would be the UEFI.

Where I think Corsair will fall short?   Where things aren't so black and white.  The actual performance of the motherboard besides the aesthetics.  They won't have the experience of Gigabyte or Asus to make a board that is able to overclock as well or be as reliable.

They will cost more than their equally performing counterparts, because of they attention they pay to physical design.

Just a note, the reason the audio headers are always in the bottom left is because that's where the audio componentry is, same reason why the audio jacks are always at the bottom of the I/O panel, to be close to the audio components.  Putting the audio header near the front of the case would be on the complete opposite side of the board as the audio, and the traces for that would have to pass through just about everything on the board.  Audio is the one thing that is subject to horrible interference from all the electrical components which is why all the audio stuff needs to be in its own corner.

If they were all decent components I probably would with what you expect from Corsair.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

They put rubber domes in their mechanical keyboards.

They had a rep that went into some thread and threw a wobbly, saying (near enough) "people asked for red switches, brown switches, black switches, blue switches, clears, greens, greys, whites...They asked for tenkeyless, full-size, LEDs and no LEDs, Macro keys and no macro keys...We can't please everybody!"

No one ever asked for rubber domes in a mechanical keyboard.

Oh yeah, and they have a sniper button on a laser mouse.

Corsair understand two things. Firstly, that people like things to work (this goes for most companies). Secondly, that people like to choose from lots of pretty colours.

their keyboards are pretty bad, with their red keyswitches

Red switches aren't bad.

Guys corsair and Asus are actually all under one leadership so to speak.

Notice how the two companies dont have over lapping products?

Corsair = Asus :))

Srsly.

CPU: i5 -2400 Cooler: Noctua NH-L12 Mobo: Fatal1ty Z68 Pro Gen3 Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz SSD: Samsung 840 120gb HDD: WD 3TB Green, Seagate Barracuda 1TB GPU: Asus GTX 760 Direct CU II (future SLI) Sound card: Xonar Phoebus PSU: Corsair RM series 750 watts Case: Aerocool Mechatron Fans: Bit Fenix Spectre Pros
Monitor:Samsung SyncMaster SA950, Philips Blade 234CLSpeakers: Logitech z506 Headset: Razer Tiamat 7.1 KB: Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth edition Mouse: Ouroburos Mouse pad: Golaithus Extended Speed edition Gamepad: Orbweaver Controllers: Wireless Xbox 360 Controller, Razer Hydra 
System: Razer Edge Mouse: Razer Orochi Mouse pad: Razer Vespula Controlers: Razer Sabertooth (2 pcs.) Headset: Razer Blackshark Speakers: Razer Ferox What can I say, I'm a huge fan of Razer.  :D

Cool man well you still can't be sure until they do. You could be totally wrong.

I wasn't saying they would fail, I was just saying they wouldn't necessarily succeed.

I would buy anything made buy corsair. Hay i'd buy a Corsair Condom if they did em. :D

They have my trust.

Retried Battlefield Moderator EA Star Wars Battlefront Senior Moderator  Battlefield Moderator and EA Champion

I was honestly thinking about this on monday, I thought that it would be pretty cool to have a fully corsair build, as it would look amazing.

Guys corsair and Asus are actually all under one leadership so to speak.

Notice how the two companies dont have over lapping products?

Corsair = Asus :))

Srsly.

Peripherals/Headsets.

Peripherals/Headsets.

Still. :) Search it up. ALSO Try to look at box shots or sample shots Corsair always use Asus Products. :) 

CPU: i5 -2400 Cooler: Noctua NH-L12 Mobo: Fatal1ty Z68 Pro Gen3 Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz SSD: Samsung 840 120gb HDD: WD 3TB Green, Seagate Barracuda 1TB GPU: Asus GTX 760 Direct CU II (future SLI) Sound card: Xonar Phoebus PSU: Corsair RM series 750 watts Case: Aerocool Mechatron Fans: Bit Fenix Spectre Pros
Monitor:Samsung SyncMaster SA950, Philips Blade 234CLSpeakers: Logitech z506 Headset: Razer Tiamat 7.1 KB: Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth edition Mouse: Ouroburos Mouse pad: Golaithus Extended Speed edition Gamepad: Orbweaver Controllers: Wireless Xbox 360 Controller, Razer Hydra 
System: Razer Edge Mouse: Razer Orochi Mouse pad: Razer Vespula Controlers: Razer Sabertooth (2 pcs.) Headset: Razer Blackshark Speakers: Razer Ferox What can I say, I'm a huge fan of Razer.  :D

This thread reminds me of:

hehe

i got a heart attack after those 2 videos.

those exact arguments are always thrown at me by my hipster friends

I honestly do not care. I'd probably stick with MSI/Gigabyte/Asus. Corsair is one of those brands that everyone seems to worship, just like Razer, but I don't really see how they're better.

CPU: i5 2500K (@ stock for now) GPU: Gigabyte GTX650Ti OC MOBO: Intel P67 RAM: 2x4GB Kingston (@1333MHz) PSU: 550w Xilence CASE: Generic :D MONITOR: Dell U2412M (24', 1200p 16:10) MOUSE: Acme something KB: Logitech K260