*Unofficial* Top Gear UK Fan Club!

terrytek

BUT WHOS THE STIG?

We'll never know... 

I really hope that the boys wil be picked up by Netflix. They'll have a lot more freedom than on normal TV, I imagine. It also would make it a lot easier to watch it if you're not in the UK.

Molex to SATA, lose all your data

Chrome

Yeah, i was using Firefox.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

We'll never know...

I really hope that the boys wil be picked up by Netflix. They'll have a lot more freedom than on normal TV, I imagine. It also would make it a lot easier to watch it if you're not in the UK.

I really am not sure, the BBC is incredibly lenient if you are a successful show, far more than any other network as they don't need to appease advertisers. Netflix however may be as lenient due to the setup there.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

I really am not sure, the BBC is incredibly lenient if you are a successful show, far more than any other network as they don't need to appease advertisers. Netflix however may be as lenient due to the setup there.

You're right, what I meant was that normal TV is mostly financed by ads (apart from the BBC of course), while Netflix has paying customers. If the three were picked by ITV, then the show would have a main sponsor like Peugeot. This would make it difficult for the three to call Peugeot out on their crappy cars. Netflix on the other hand doesn't have ads, so this issue is less likely to appear

Watched the final episode. Depressing is all I can really say. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I laughed and then cried at the top gear reference in Linus' BMW video on vessel lol

I laughed and then cried at the top gear reference in Linus' BMW video on vessel lol

I spilled my drink, because I was laughing so much. That reference was perfect

Everybody knows about Top Gear nowadays...

System: Thinkpad T460

I keep watching that last episode. I can't wait for The Boy's new show. 

See I'm a 21st century digital boy,
I don't know how to live but I've got a lot of toys. 

The new top gear with CHris evans or who ever will crash and burn

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

• 3 weeks later...

Top Gear will be back! The three signed a deal with Amazon, to produce a car show for Amazon instant video. http://www.topgearbox.com/2015/news/jeremy-richard-and-james-sign-with-amazon-prime/

Finally a reason to keep my Prime membership. The first season is said to air in 2016. HYPE

Top Gear will be back! The three signed a deal with Amazon, to produce a car show for Amazon instant video. http://www.topgearbox.com/2015/news/jeremy-richard-and-james-sign-with-amazon-prime/

Finally a reason to keep my Prime membership. The first season is said to air in 2016. HYPE

I saw this, I'm so happy! Even better since in October I'll be a university student and get Amazon Prime discounted :D

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

I saw this, I'm so happy! Even better since in October I'll be a university student and get Amazon Prime discounted :D

Amen to student discounts :D can't wait to get that £39 Amazon prime after the 6 month free trial

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

So any one know the scoop of what's going on with the show since Clarkson got fired? Is Hammond and May staying? Or are they getting a whole new cast? I think they could do the show with May and Hammond still and NOT bring any one new in.. It would lose the feel of top gear if they had a new cast..

So any one know the scoop of what's going on with the show since Clarkson got fired? Is Hammond and May staying? Or are they getting a whole new cast? I think they could do the show with May and Hammond still and NOT bring any one new in.. It would lose the feel of top gear if they had a new cast..

Clarkson, Hammond and May have just signed with amazon prime to make a new series which will air next year. Meanwhile on the BBC Chris Evans will be producing and presenting a new look top gear with new hosts and possibly a new set, which should also air next year.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Clarkson, Hammond and May have just signed with amazon prime to make a new series which will air next year. Meanwhile on the BBC Chris Evans will be producing and presenting a new look top gear with new hosts and possibly a new set, which should also air next year.

Andy Wilman (Former producer of Top Gear) signed with Amazon too, so the core team is now with Amazon. I hope, they'll be able to get as talented authors as they had on BBC as well as an good crew. 

Andy Wilman (Former producer of Top Gear) signed with Amazon too, so the core team is now with Amazon. I hope, they'll be able to get as talented authors as they had on BBC as well as an good crew. 

Considering on original top gear, it was largely the presenters, especially Clarkson, who did a vast amount of the writing and main ideas, so they've already got the main talent for writers with them.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Anyone else notice how during the 'investigation' and when the BBC were a part of Clarkson they were calling it a fracas, yet in the recent news spot about them going to Amazon they bluntly said 'punched the producer'? 

I think someone is but hurt ;)  

I saw that lol ty tho, good to hear they are sticking together and understand everyone fucks up and they can move on to better things

Anyone else notice how during the 'investigation' and when the BBC were a part of Clarkson they were calling it a fracas, yet in the recent news spot about them going to Amazon they bluntly said 'punched the producer'?

No I didn't everything I read said hit, physical altercation, or punched

Without a doubt they are not happy especially that Hammonda and May left. I expect it to be even worse if the new Top Gear is a flop.

System: Thinkpad T460

Without a doubt they are not happy especially that Hammonda and May left. I expect it to be even worse if the new Top Gear is a flop.

Well what did they expect.. They are besties and all car fanatics.. Of course they are gonna stick together..