*Unofficial* Top Gear UK Fan Club!

terrytek

The the fans of the monkeys found each other.

Creator Of That Awkward Silence

I assume you don't like top gear then? Or just clarkson?

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Got to love those monkeys, throwing poop at one another one a daily basis.

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

In an interview on Radio 2 today, Clarkson was saying they want to do a flow arranging show haha its like top gear, but they go around buying flowers, and Richard Hammond would probably drop and break his vase

Suffice to say, I was pissing myself 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I assume you don't like top gear then? Or just clarkson?

What made you think I didn't like the show. It's a common joke in the show to call clarkson a monkey.

What made you think I didn't like the show. It's a common joke in the show to call clarkson a monkey.

kinda the way attitude of the comment came across. If you do like them, you're more than welcome to hang around here and the car club. Also, I assume you're a fan of tengen toppa gurren lagann?

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

kinda the way attitude of the comment came across. If you do like them, you're more than welcome to hang around here and the car club. Also, I assume you're a fan of tengen toppa gurren lagann?

Yep: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/11946-explain-your-username/?p=5014734

I thought I would start off with a joke. I'm not a crazy car guy more tech than anything but I enjoy the silliness of the show and whatever I can learn from it.

• 4 weeks later...

Chris Evans the new face of Top Gear

_83674700_83668852.jpg

The BBC have today announced that radio and TV presenter Chris Evans, known mostly for his TV show TFI Friday and the BBC breakfast show more recently, has taken over as the main host of a rebooted Top Gear in the wake of Clarkson being dismissed from his post for assaulting a producer.

Evans, who had originally ruled himself out of the running, recently on an anniversary episode of TFI Friday, when speaking with CLarkson, said "never say never" in relation to him becoming the new host.

The current BBC radio 2 breakfast show host said in an interview he was "Thrilled" with the opportunity and "Would do everything I possibly can to respect what has gone on before and to take the show forwards."

The BBC have also said they are looking for co-presenters to go with Evans, as Richard Hammond and James May have said they will not present a show without Jeremy. Evans is known to be a huge car fan himself, notorious for his large and expensive collection of Ferraris, even paying record setting fees to buy some of them. However, as not many people know, Clarkson was one of the main writers for the TV show, and without his influence, it may be more difficult for creative, inspiring films to be created for the new show, although Clarkson and Evans are known to be good friends, so there may be some influence over what happens, even from the proverbial grave that Jeremy finds himself in. This is of course if the original dynamic trio don't land themselves in a deal to present a rival car show on the on demand service Netflix.

Link to the original article here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33158464

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

-snip

The BBC have today announced that radio and TV presenter Chris Evans, known mostly for his TV show TFI Friday and the BBC breakfast show more recently, has taken over as the main host of a rebooted Top Gear in the wake of Clarkson being dismissed from his post for assaulting a producer.

Evans, who had originally ruled himself out of the running, recently on an anniversary episode of TFI Friday, when speaking with CLarkson, said "never say never" in relation to him becoming the new host.

The current BBC radio 2 breakfast show host said in an interview he was "Thrilled" with the opportunity and "Would do everything I possibly can to respect what has gone on before and to take the show forwards."

The BBC have also said they are looking for co-presenters to go with Evans, as Richard Hammond and James May have said they will not present a show without Jeremy. Evans is known to be a huge car fan himself, notorious for his large and expensive collection of Ferraris, even paying record setting fees to buy some of them. However, as not many people know, Clarkson was one of the main writers for the TV show, and without his influence, it may be more difficult for creative, inspiring films to be created for the new show, although Clarkson and Evans are known to be good friends, so there may be some influence over what happens, even from the proverbial grave that Jeremy finds himself in. This is of course if the original dynamic trio don't land themselves in a deal to present a rival car show on the on demand service Netflix.

"Proverbial grave"......what are they on about? Whatever show the boys do, will make more money than anything that the BBC does with Top-"so-called"-Gear,

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

"Proverbial grave"......what are they on about? Whatever show the boys do, will make more money than anything that the BBC does with Top-"so-called"-Gear,

The fact that Clarkson won't be a Top Gear presenter anymore (he's been black marked effectively), but can still have influence potentially is the reason for my use of "proverbial grave."

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

_83674700_83668852.jpg

Link to the original article here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33158464

I'll watch the train wreck...

I know it's going to pale in comparison but I can't help but watch lol

System: Thinkpad T460

Can't be any worse than Top Gear USA(father forgive me, for I have sinned), can it?

Well it could be worse. Could be someone who has no car knowledge whatsoever. At least Chris Evans knows his stuff.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Evans is probably the best man for the job to replace Clarkson, but they're going to have to change the format for it to work out. Chris Evans in his TFI Friday days was barking mad, and still is to a degree, so there will be lots of charisma and passion, but it will be very difficult to sort out the other 2 spots.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Can't be any worse than Top Gear USA(father forgive me, for I have sinned), can it?

Unfortunately, it seems like TGUSA might be better now. But come on, USA wasn't that bad, is it?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

It certainly can't. At least the BBC have a good idea of how to pick people with a passion for the topic.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

The fact that Clarkson won't be a Top Gear presenter anymore (he's been black marked effectively), but can still have influence potentially is the reason for my use of "proverbial grave."

Oh, I thought you had re-typed what the article said (not typed your own bit about it). Still, I'm going to laugh like a madman when the new top gear gets canceled over ratings.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

TGUSA gets too much hate. They just stopped caring what other people think and I think it got better. 

System: Thinkpad T460

I am looking forward to Mr Evans putting his slant on Top Gear he has a very creative mind what with the big breakfast don't forget your toothbrush and TGF his radio shows and The one show

I'm not too sure how I feel about this. It could be good or bad but I know for sure it will never be the same...

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

Never knew there was a fan club here. Should've expected this

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Before Chris takes over Jeremy is returning for a special feature length episode to wrap up the last few episodes from the last season which were not shown.

Not sure if he is presenting but he's in the recorded videos.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Before Chris takes over Jeremy is returning for a special feature length episode to wrap up the last few episodes from the last season which were not shown.

Not sure if he is presenting but he's in the recorded videos.

I think it's just Richard and James presenting without an audience, but in all the recorded clips Jeremy will still be in them.

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

_83674700_83668852.jpg

I hate that ginger tit. :(

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I hate that ginger tit. :(

How could you hate such a lovable eccentric man like him?  :P

Chris%20Evans_466x466.jpg?1420820788

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler