Battlefield Hardline delayed until 2015

ETRJ

Today we are announcing that Battlefield Hardline will launch in early 2015. Obviously, this is big news, so I’d like to address why we’re making this change.

Back at E3, we launched a beta for Hardline — we wanted to not only show you the game, but to let you play it for yourselves. Millions of you jumped in and had a great time. As a result, the Visceral Games team learned a lot from players about what they wanted in the game. We’ve been pouring over the data and feedback, and have already been putting a lot of it right into the game and sharing it directly with you.

This feedback also spurred us to start thinking about other possibilities and ways we could push Hardline innovation further and make the game even better. The more we thought about these ideas, the more we knew we had to get them into the game you will all be playing. However, there was only one problem. We would need more time. Time that we didn’t have if we decided to move forward with launching in just a couple of months.

We decided that the right thing to do was to take more time to ensure Hardline is the best, most innovative Battlefield experience we can give to you, our fans.

Here are a few of the things the new timing will allow us to accomplish:

1. Multiplayer Innovation: Coming out of our E3 beta, internal focus tests, and work with our community, we have received a lot of great Multiplayer thinking. We’re going to be adding some new feature ideas direct from the community that will evolve the cops and criminals fantasy into a truly unique Battlefield Multiplayer experience.

2. Single Player Story Depth: In order to ensure our Single Player experience delivers on player expectations, we’re spending more time polishing our core features, as well as adding a few new ones that will support a deeper “crime revenge” story experience.

3. Stability: This has been a focus for our team since day one and we’re going to be using the extra time to continue to optimize the game for a stable launch. We have learned a lot from Battlefield 4, are continuing to learn from our Community Test Environment and will learn more from another Hardline beta. More time allows us to surface issues that the team can attempt to fix prior to launch.

We are doing all of this for one reason. Because we want Battlefield Hardline to be the best game it can be, and so that we can create the best environment for a smooth launch for our players. We will give you updates on our progress and we’ll regularly share updates along the way via Battlefield.com/Hardline as well as the Battlefield social channels.

In addition to the ongoing development of Hardline, it’s important to note that the DICE teams continue to drive Battlefield 4. We continue to explore new opportunities for improvements and we are still releasing new content, including “Dragon’s Teeth,” the fourth expansion pack that launches worldwide on July 29, and “Final Stand” coming later this year. We remain committed to giving you the best BF4 experience possible.

Karl Magnus Troedsson

DICE VP & Group GM

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2014/07/bfh-will-launch-2015/

Yeah, it's great that they're willing to delay if necessary, like they promised.

"M. Aronnax." replied the Canadian, "your arguments are rotten at the foundation. You speak in the future, 'We shall be there! we shall be here!' I speak in the present, 'We are here, and we must profit by it.'"

Woah.

That's kind of surprising. I am glad they are doing this, and it wouldn't make sense for EA to release another Battlefield game before or very close to Battlefield 4's final DLC.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

EA pushing a date back for Battlefield?

I never thought I'd see the day.

Maybe Half-Life 3 is coming too!

wow, i thought the beta was great, what else could they do?

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

wow, i thought the beta was great, what else could they do?

you played 1 map and 2 game modes, no single player and a hand full of weapons

i think its obvious what they could do 

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

Damn first time they listen this hard.

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Well... I guess EA realized that if there's ever a time to take a dump on Ubi... it's RIGHT NOW.

Doesn't matter to me which bad company starts making good choices, somebody just please do it.

EDIT: That said, I don't really care at all about Battlefield or any other military shooter series...

Git Gud.

why didnt they launch it as planned and did a patch later, the beta was already very entertaining

I am happy to hear this. I think EA finally learned their lesson after the brutal verbal beating they took for Battlefield 4's launch.

I'm also happy about this because I think the Battlefield games truly are great games and DICE is a great developer but they have always hindered themselves but simply not having enough time.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

Yeah, it's great that they're willing to delay if necessary, like they promised.

what if its a lie and they are just nerfing the graphics like watch dogs?

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

While I want to be happy about it, it's fucking EA we're talking about I'm sure the extra development time will be locked behind DLC, microtransaction or some other form of paywall.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I think Visceral actually cares about graphics since DICE helped them with models and textures. By that I mean they have DICE's ability to make good-looking games.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

you played 1 map and 2 game modes, no single player and a hand full of weapons

i think its obvious what they could do 

lol i was talking about like the physical game physics, not like that maps and game modes, you could infinetly make those relitivly

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

While I want to be happy about it, it's fucking EA we're talking about I'm sure the extra development time will be locked behind DLC, microtransaction or some other form of paywall.

Do you play Battlefield? The only microtransaction they have are different types of Battlepacks. After that it's DLCs. EA and DICE have learned about the community in the past few months and they know we fucking despise microtransactions. This isn't The MIghty Quest For Epic Loot, this here is Battlefield!

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Tomorrow news: EA buys Ubisoft, so  they can use Ubisoft experience with nerfing graphics for games on the pc.

EA PLZ DON'T RUINED THE BATTLEFIELD SERIES

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

Do you play Battlefield? The only microtransaction they have are different types of Battlepacks. After that it's DLCs. EA and DICE have learned about the community in the past few months and they know we fucking despise microtransactions. This isn't The MIghty Quest For Epic Loot, this here is Battlefield!

It's not what they have right now, but more what will they add? 

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

It's not what they have right now, but more what will they add? 

We shall see.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

This is Battlefield we are talking about. You know...the series in which the developers focus more on graphics than they should. 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Yet EA is responsible for crap like Dungeor Keeper for the mobiles. Look I'm not trying to shit on Battlefield games, I'm glad you like em and I do recognize DICE made a pretty good engine, but it's EA we're talking about: they have been fucking up excellent franchises and entire development studios for years. I don't think it hurts to at least be cautious about anything they release: just because they're fixing a previous issue with the rushed release doesn't means they won't introduce others. 

-------

Current Rig

-------

ea delaying a games release? *Gasp*

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

I think EA have realised the games is shit and they need to make it better. Good job EA. Now keep good and don't use a shitty DLC policy to cover the extra development costs, actually use this opportunity to make a better game.

EA doesnt make games, they publish them, Dice does good games you.....