NVIDIA GeForce GTX 870 and GTX 880

That bus is disappointing...

If it truly is released in October then I'm extremely excited. 

Why is it disappointing. Nvidia GPU's are very efficient at using the BUS lanes. 256bit will probably be fine for this gen and the gen afterwards. Maybe after that they need to go further. It also increases the price of the card and complicates the PCB further. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

The guy who wrote the original article was quite accurate about NVIDIA related news before.

His source is very close to NVIDIA itself.

Both AMD and NVIDIA will try to bring something new and interesting for the Christmas season...

It will make even more sense especially if the rumors about both A and N skipping 20nm come true.

The release time is probably legit but the specs for sure not.

Nvidia has to this date never reduced bandwidth on a flagship card simply because that would be stupid and I don't see them doing it now.

There is no way that they're going to go with 224GB/s when they already have 336GB/s on the GTX780 TI.

And I don't see them making a 9Ghz 256bit bus which they would need to get 780 Ti performance.

Also 8GB ?

Nvidia is the king of bottlenecking cards with low amounts of Vram like they would make 5GB more Vram in the next GPU.

RTX2070OC 

- Performance - better than GTX 780 Ti  Well thats very precise

- Memory bandwidth most likely 256bit  Nvedea Fail...

- Power consumption below GTX 780 Ti with better performance Again mr.precise...

- Memory capacity 8GB for GTX 880 (Ti) Finally mem capacities for our times.

The release time is probably legit but the specs for sure not.

Nvidia has to this date never reduced bandwidth on a flagship card simply because that would be stupid and I don't see them doing it now.

There is no way that they're going to go with 224GB/s when they already have 336GB/s on the GTX780 TI.

And I don't see them making a 9Ghz 256bit bus which they would need to get 780 Ti performance.

Also 8GB ?

Nvidia is the king of bottlenecking cards with low amounts of Vram like they would make 5GB more Vram in the next GPU.

You might be right. Unless these are not specs of their 'flagship'. I mean...they could have both...256bit and 384bit for the higher version.

I would expect the price of the older ones to slide down a bit just before the new ones are released.

And then the new ones will come out around the same price you can get the current models for.

I think it will be an interesting Christmas gift idea.

I hope so, 780 performance for 770 price would make Tacitus a very happy Roman :D

I'd probably SLI that shit :P

- Performance - better than GTX 780 Ti Well thats very precise

- Memory bandwidth most likely 256bit Nvedea Fail...

- Power consumption below GTX 780 Ti with better performance Again mr.precise...

- Memory capacity 8GB for GTX 880 (Ti) Finally mem capacities for our times.

We will get 'precise' once the review cards are out and LinusTechTips guys get their hands on it. :-)

You might be right. Unless these are not specs of their 'flagship'. I mean...they could have both...256bit and 384bit for the higher version.

That's what I'm thinking this would fit more to something like a GTX860ti but not a GTX880.

RTX2070OC 

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 870 and GTX 880

- GM204 revision A1 - 28nm chip

- Size between GK104 and GK110 but smaller than GK110

- CUDA less than fully unlocked GK110

- Performance - better than GTX 780 Ti

- Memory bandwidth most likely 256bit

- Power consumption below GTX 780 Ti with better performance

- Core GM204 no ARM cores

- Memory capacity 8GB for GTX 880 (Ti)

Release date - October 2014

:

Source: http://pctuning.tyden.cz/component/content/article/1-aktualni-zpravy/30340-geforce-gtx-880-uz-v-rijnu-nvidia-vynecha-20nm-vyrobu (original source: secret)

He also mwntions first card for review to be out as early as September 2014.

If this is true: 4 GB  Vram for 880 and 8 GB for 880ti. SO the difference is Vram?

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

I really can't imagine the 880 having 8GB of Vram, we don't even come close to maxing 6GB yet in gaming situations, I can see the Titan 2 having 8GB, if I had to bet I would say the 880 would have 4 or MAYBE 5.

I really can't imagine the 880 having 8GB of Vram, we don't even come close to maxing 6GB yet in gaming situations, I can see the Titan 2 having 8GB, if I had to bet I would say the 880 would have 4 or MAYBE 5.

nvidia has always been gimped on the Vram ram. Logic would dictate that the new high end cards will be 4GB variants.

They can scale it in couple different ways...

Since it is more effective core they can get away with less CUDA cores. Save more CUDA for the real 'flagship' that can be introduced later on.

The memory can start at 4 and go as high as 8GB for 880Ti.

And for memory bandwidth... sure they can open with 256bit and save the 384 for the higher ones.

If they time the models right and AMD doesn't have a proper new chip/card to respond, they will make a ton of money in 2014/4Q.

Since it is more effective core they can get away with less CUDA cores. Save more CUDA for the real 'flagship' that can be introduced later on.

And for memory bandwidth... sure they can open with 256bit and save the 384 for the higher ones.

If they time the models right and AMD doesn't have a proper new chip/card to respond, they will make a ton of money in 2014/4Q.

What "Real flagship" cards? pascal or what? I won't expect that untill Q3/4 2015.

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

I doubt many people will ditch their 780s and 290s for a small performance increase at an exorbitant price increase. Not with games like FC3 and watch dogs that run like shit on any hardware config no matter how boss it might be.

People should take this with a grain of salt. There's no official confirmation from NVIDIA that these specs are true. Just wait.

hehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehheh SWIGGITY SWOOTY I'M COMING FOR THAT BOOTY hehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehheh

huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue LINIXTEKTEPS R DE BES I LUV LINUX huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue

People should take this with a grain of salt. There's no official confirmation from NVIDIA that these specs are true. Just wait.

I have been a computer nerd for along time. This always happens people getting all stupid long before a new card is even announced. Just wait is right.

I doubt many people will ditch their 780s and 290s for a small performance increase at an exorbitant price increase. Not with games like FC3 and watch dogs that run like shit on any hardware config no matter how boss it might be.

Many people will not replace their 780 or 290. But there is a number of people with older cards...

I have been a computer nerd for along time. This always happens people getting all stupid long before a new card is even announced. Just wait is right.

Just wait and see is right. However we are getting close to the actual release and the guy who wrote the article was right about NVIDiA before. I think he has some kind of insider source.

I can see a major thing being the fact that the only way to get Gk110 is by buying it used because nvidia would just drop production of that completely and make maxwell chips to replace it because the die will be like 80-100mm smaller. 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

That bus is disappointing...

If it truly is released in October then I'm extremely excited. 

I hope they will be released as soon as possible also. However, don't forget that the production cost of a chip increases lots when the memory bus is widened and Nvidia's architecture does not benefit from it by much, and particularly not for gaming purposes.

I am just hoping 256 will be enough I hope though, would've liked to see 384bit myself but I don't think they would be able to release them for 680 prices if they were 384bit.

BTW.. i doubt if they will call it the GTX 800 Series though. They need to come out with a smart new series name to match AMD's.

BTW.. i doubt if they will call it the GTX 800 Series though. They need to come out with a smart new series name to match AMD's.

A smart new series name to match AMD's? AMD's naming scheme makes very little sense, whereas nividia is practical and predictable.

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it