DESTINY ON PC

KrutoyEegrok

But that's part of the reason why Bungie doesn't want to work with PC's. They actually give a shit about releasing a quality game, so they don't want consoles to suffer by focusing on PC and they wouldn't want a PC version to suffer because of their focus on consoles.

Let's agree on the fact that companies should take a longer time in development phase and do it right for all consoles. That way it's even all around

CPU: Intel i5-4690K  COOLER: XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 w/ Ice Dragon White Nanofluid MOBO: MSI Z97 GAMING 5   RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8gb 2X4gb 2133   PSU: Corsair GS800  GPU: SLI MSI TWIN FROZR GTX 760 4GB CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe    STORAGE: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 128GB, WD BLACK 1TB, WD GREEN 1TB, SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB, WD BLUE 320GB KEYBOARD: Ducky Zero DK2108S MOUSE: Logitech G600 

Let's agree on the fact that companies should take a longer time in development phase and do it right for all consoles. That way it's even all around

Which is exactly what Bungie is doing with Destiny. Like I mentioned before, they started working on the game 5 years ago, while they still had ODST and Reach to worry about for the Halo series. 

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

Honestly, no. It would be a crappy PC port with no effort put into it.

still better than the ps4/one version though...

I personally don't enjoy 9-string guitars, but that doesn't change the fact that they look awesome as hell!

Which is exactly what Bungie is doing with Destiny. Like I mentioned before, they started working on the game 5 years ago, while they still had ODST and Reach to worry about for the Halo series.

I had no idea it's been that long wow

CPU: Intel i5-4690K  COOLER: XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 w/ Ice Dragon White Nanofluid MOBO: MSI Z97 GAMING 5   RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8gb 2X4gb 2133   PSU: Corsair GS800  GPU: SLI MSI TWIN FROZR GTX 760 4GB CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe    STORAGE: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 128GB, WD BLACK 1TB, WD GREEN 1TB, SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB, WD BLUE 320GB KEYBOARD: Ducky Zero DK2108S MOUSE: Logitech G600 

I had no idea it's been that long wow

Yeah, read my post from earlier in the thread. There is a Destiny easter egg hidden in ODST. That's how long they have been working on it.

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Destiny_(Easter_Egg)

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

Mate, it's WAAAAAY too late for Bungie to start working on a PC port.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

I think the best we can hope for at this point is "Destiny 2," or whatever the plan is, for the PC. They're gonna stay focused on the console version. It's too late into the development to split and add a PC port. Once Destiny is out the door is when they'll start considering working on a PC port. At that point, it'll take enough time, they may as well just focus on the next game for PC. Or, at the very least, interest in Destiny will drop off to the extent that a PC version is a bit irrelevant.

But, who knows. Maybe they'll surprise us. *coughnotlikelycough*

Mate, it's WAAAAAY too late for Bungie to start working on a PC port.

hey ill take it late as long as there is a set date thats withing a reasonable time. Just look at Halo and

Halo 2 PC

Activision fronted the 500 million. Activision said it is a natural fit on PC. Piracy has nothing to do with an always online title like this and Activision sold 3 million copies of Diablo 3 expansion in a week on PC which makes "next gen" software sales look laughable. This is not a powerpc architecture to x86 port like last gen. The game might come to PC by early Holiday shopping season.

It is coming to PC. It would take an absolute TON of money for MS/Sony to keep this off PC. This is not Halo. This is not a "competitive fps shooter" that got laughed at by much of the PC community like Halo did. This is a PC type game that will sell well on PC.

This game is basically borderlands with some bigger raids thrown in. Not my kind of game and I didn't like Borderlands, but A LOT of PC gamers do. Don't bother with the petition. It is coming to PC. 

Halo? Only if the Xbox One really tanks. It just isn't a game that would be big on PC, when PC already has an over abundance of competitive shooters. Halo 4 wasn't even played highly on Xbox 360 compared to it's predecessors. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

As Deathjester said there's a lot of things pointing to a PC release just further down the track (once they debug it on consoles ;)). Personally I think the game looks super generic and un-interesting but that's just me, I loved Borderlands but that was all about the great humour and visual styling of which destiny doesn't seem to have any.

Probably won't happen.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

I've been playing this game over the weekend on PS4 and trust me its all HYPE! Idk what the point is?

It feels like mass effect but looks like halo-ish with a crappy borderlands looting system... SMH

The multiplayer aspects include playing missions with friends you invited to your party only yet the other randoms around you can kill and see the same enemies?????

The multiplayer gametypes are weak, and i know its a beta and all but i disagree with using your co-op or campaign weapons in multiplayer. It not fair and never has been!

Glad i'm not picking this shit up, not worth it now  or on PC.

Petitions are just a number.

CPU: AMD 5950X    MB: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero    RAM: HyperX Predator 64GB    GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti FE    SSD: Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB    
PSU: EVGA 1200w P2    COOLING: EK AIO Elite 360    CASE: Fractal Design Torrent 
   DISPLAY: LG CX48 4k OLED    AUDIO: HIFIMAN Arya SE

hey ill take it late as long as there is a set date thats withing a reasonable time. Just look at Halo and

Halo 2 PC

Bungie had nothing to do with any of the Halo PC ports.

Activision fronted the 500 million. Activision said it is a natural fit on PC. Piracy has nothing to do with an always online title like this and Activision sold 3 million copies of Diablo 3 expansion in a week on PC which makes "next gen" software sales look laughable. This is not a powerpc architecture to x86 port like last gen. The game might come to PC by early Holiday shopping season.

It is coming to PC. It would take an absolute TON of money for MS/Sony to keep this off PC. This is not Halo. This is not a "competitive fps shooter" that got laughed at by much of the PC community like Halo did. This is a PC type game that will sell well on PC.

This game is basically borderlands with some bigger raids thrown in. Not my kind of game and I didn't like Borderlands, but A LOT of PC gamers do. Don't bother with the petition. It is coming to PC. 

Halo? Only if the Xbox One really tanks. It just isn't a game that would be big on PC, when PC already has an over abundance of competitive shooters. Halo 4 wasn't even played highly on Xbox 360 compared to it's predecessors. 

The $500 million number is pure bullshit and has been proven to be bullshit by both Activision and Bungie. No publisher would ever hand over a half a billion dollars to a developer. As far as it being guaranteed to come to PC or that it has to come to PC, is also bullshit. Bungie has been saying ever since the day Destiny was announced that they do not want to spend any time developing the game for PC.

Yes they have softened their public stance on the matter, but internally they want nothing to do with PC. If a PC port happens it will require the use of a 3rd party developer, just like every single Halo PC port did. Bungie may actually collaborate with that developer, something they never did for Halo, but they will not be doing any of the actual work.

Bungie had nothing to do with any of the Halo PC ports.

-snip-

except you know making the original game...

I was just saying that I would be fine with a delayed port like we used to get. I dont know if that would even work now day however because of how the gaming community works, hopping on the next big thing right away.

except you know making the original game...

I was just saying that I would be fine with a delayed port like we used to get. I dont know if that would even work now day however because of how the gaming community works, hopping on the next big thing right away.

The problem with a delayed port is Destiny is supposed to combine FPS and MMO elements and those MMO elements will require constant and ongoing support. It's not like Halo where they can take a completed game, have a different studio do a direct port, and be done with it. It's also going to require additional dedicated servers to handle the PC platform. So who pays for those servers? Does Bungie take it out of their budget (the $500 million budget was proven to be bullshit) or does Activision cough up the money for it? Who takes the time to monitor and maintain those servers? Bungie or Activision?

The issue is a lot more complex than the Halo PC ports ever were. It's similar to what EA had to do with Bluepoint for Titanfall. Respawn wanted nothing to do with supporting the 360, so EA had to find a developer who could offer ongoing support for the 360 version of the game. Every update, bug fix and new content has to be first completed for the Xbox One and PC by Respawn, and then ported to the 360 by Bluepoint. They at least had the benefit of Microsoft footing the bill to provide and maintain the game servers for all three platforms.

The problem with a delayed port is Destiny is supposed to combine FPS and MMO elements and those MMO elements will require constant and ongoing support. It's not like Halo where they can take a completed game, have a different studio do a direct port, and be done with it. It's also going to require additional dedicated servers to handle the PC platform. So who pays for those servers? Does Bungie take it out of their budget (the $500 million budget was proven to be bullshit) or does Activision cough up the money for it? Who takes the time to monitor and maintain those servers? Bungie or Activision?

The issue is a lot more complex than the Halo PC ports ever were. It's similar to what EA had to do with Bluepoint for Titanfall. Respawn wanted nothing to do with supporting the 360, so EA had to find a developer who could offer ongoing support for the 360 version of the game. Every update, bug fix and new content has to be first completed for the Xbox One and PC by Respawn, and then ported to the 360 by Bluepoint. They at least had the benefit of Microsoft footing the bill to provide and maintain the game servers for all three platforms.

With current consoles being x86 im really surprised that studios are just doing ti where porting isnt really required hell even between the two consoles all they would have to do would be to optimize graphics then build in console specific things.

The could make the customers pay for the server fairly easily. I know that its a plan not many use anymore but it does work. I could go into why its hasnt recently with certain games but thats not right on topic.

For titanfall they could have you know just not had the 360 game since it was supposed to be X1 exclusive but i think somes like crap we havnt sold enough of these and without putting it on the X360 were not going to make enough money. That game was also released on PC.

Bungie has already said that it's not going to happen until the console version are fully done and released and then if there is enough demand they would put it on PC. They said making a PC version at the same time as all of the different console versions would stretch them too thin and quality would suffer. I actually agree with this plan as Bungie doesn't have the greatest track record with PC games and I think that they would need to be able to put all their focus towards making a proper PC version. These petitions are annoying and pretty much never get any results but in this case it will show Bungie that we want Destiny on PC. I do think however that the wording that was chosen for this petition is insulting and is the wrong way to go about letting Bungie know that we want the game so I wont be signing it because I don't partake in that way of thinking when it comes to games.

@KrutoyEegrok

If you are actually the one who started this petition then I would suggest rewording it so that it doesn't sound like it's coming from a PC Master Race prick with a hilariously large sense of entitlement and no concept of the reason consoles exist.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

With current consoles being x86 im really surprised that studios are just doing ti where porting isnt really required hell even between the two consoles all they would have to do would be to optimize graphics then build in console specific things.

The could make the customers pay for the server fairly easily. I know that its a plan not many use anymore but it does work. I could go into why its hasnt recently with certain games but thats not right on topic.

For titanfall they could have you know just not had the 360 game since it was supposed to be X1 exclusive but i think somes like crap we havnt sold enough of these and without putting it on the X360 were not going to make enough money. That game was also released on PC.

The new consoles being X86 does not mean you can take the same game from the Xbox One or PS4 and run it on a PC. The way both consoles use RAM and VRAM are both different from each other and different from PC. The Xbox One being the more "different" of the two with it's eSRAM. There are other technical differences that require some not unsubstantial work to convert any one of the console games over to PC. It's actually easier to go in reverse, from PC to console, then the other way around. That's why we get fancy Watch Dogs trailers in 2012 and a shitty Watch Dogs release in 2014. They did all the initial work on PC before they actually had access to console dev kits and found out later when they had the Dev kits that the "next gen" consoles couldn't come close to handling the game they had made. They made the bad move of trying to appease console players by dumbing down the PC version to console standards, but the reason why it looked so good in 2012 is because it's easier to make the PC version of the game first.

But the issue of porting the game over isn't the issue that is preventing Bungie from releasing it on PC. It's the on going support for the game, just like I said in my last post. Every single bug fix, tweak and content update will require that much more work if they release the game on PC. They already have 4 consoles they have to support. Also, they can't exactly make PC players pay for the servers when they don't make the console players pay for their servers. 

@jmaster299 I did not say you can do that just because they are x86. I said you could or should be able to. I understand thats not how its currently setup but in my eyes is the way it should be. There are similarities espesecially with the PS4 with the most recent apu's and Intel's highest end iGPU's.

I understand its easier to go PC to console. I remember when that was the case I also remember when PC got exclusives and the consoles cut down versions of the PC games. Thing is these companies have been doing console to PC ports most of the time for the past 7-8+ years so there not likely to change their tune. A good example is dynasty warriors 8 for PC is a ps3 port not a ps4 one. This is likely due to the fact that companies have porting last gen games down pat now.

I don't understand dumbing down the PC game to console levels, what the point? I only see the company hurting itself there.

Make everyone pay? I still think they should have went PC instead of last gen but I understand money first. I'm kinda surprised that Microsoft and Sony are allowing it because wouldn't you want people to buy a new console for a next gen game? I remember when nintento cut off new canes for one of there consoles, might have been portable.

@jmaster299 I did not say you can do that just because they are x86. I said you could or should be able to. I understand thats not how its currently setup but in my eyes is the way it should be. There are similarities espesecially with the PS4 with the most recent apu's and Intel's highest end iGPU's.

I understand its easier to go PC to console. I remember when that was the case I also remember when PC got exclusives and the consoles cut down versions of the PC games. Thing is these companies have been doing console to PC ports most of the time for the past 7-8+ years so there not likely to change their tune. A good example is dynasty warriors 8 for PC is a ps3 port not a ps4 one. This is likely due to the fact that companies have porting last gen games down pat now.

I don't understand dumbing down the PC game to console levels, what the point? I only see the company hurting itself there.

Make everyone pay? I still think they should have went PC instead of last gen but I understand money first. I'm kinda surprised that Microsoft and Sony are allowing it because wouldn't you want people to buy a new console for a next gen game? I remember when nintento cut off new canes for one of there consoles, might have been portable.

I just want to preference that I'm only having a discussion here. Nothing at all wrong with anything you said, but I know I come off as difficult sometimes, so some people assume I'm always arguing. This is a good discussion.

The reason why developers have been doing things backwards, going from console to PC, is because their focus is on making the console version as optimized as possible. It may be easier to make the PC version first, but that takes time away from perfecting the console version. Put simply, developers choose to focus their resources on making the console version the best as possible since that's where the sales are. They will simply never sell as many copies of games like CoD on PC as they will on console. 

I do understand, but don't agree with, the dumbing down the PC version of games. Console gamers already do things like start petitions to prevent games they play from being released on PC, and some developers try to cater to that "PC gamers are evil" mentality. Again, most developers care more about those console gamers, so imagine the QQ if PC gamers got the E3 2012 Watch Dogs and console gamers got the 2014 Watch Dogs. That's what should have happened, and Ubisoft should have told console gamers "Hey, MS and Sony promised you next gen and didn't deliver, not our fault".

You can't make console gamers pay for servers. I don't know this 100%, but I am 99% certain that it's against the rules for developers making console games. After all, MS and Sony already charge console gamers for the privilege of playing ANY of their games online. Yes I know Sony didn't do that until the PS4, but they still did it. That's something PC gamers don't have to deal with. But PC gamers are not going to put up with having to pay for servers unless they are private servers. Something that would completely defeat the design of Destiny. It's 100% designed around the game play element of other players being an active part of the world you are in. That's the MMO element of it, that plus some of the character creation.

It's also not like you could simply run the game locally on PC either like you do with Borderlands. The world is too big and it would again break the entire design of the game. There are also a ton of the in game elements that are built to run on those dedicated servers and not on the local client. As far as going last gen, MS and Sony are smart enough to know that they would be losing out on a ton of money by cutting off development of games for the previous gen consoles. Doing stuff like that hasn't exactly worked out well in Nintendo's favor. When Mario Kart 8 came out Nintendo disabled the ability to play Mario Kart 7 online anymore. MS and Sony will eventually move on to current gen only, but not for a while yet.

On the developer side of that, it becomes easier and cheaper to develop on a console the longer you are within the lifespan of that console. Add to that the fact that developers want to cater to the crowd that will help them get the biggest sales numbers as possible, and you get your reason as to why they would go last gen over PC. Bungie basically walked away from all PC development over a decade ago when Microsoft bought them out. Halo was supposed to be a PC and Mac title originally. Yes they've broken away from MS now, but they've decided that they like consoles better now. The massive sales numbers that they experienced with the Xbox and Xbox 360 have a lot to do with that.

this game is so overhyped and people are probably just starving for anything that resembles the good ol' Bungie combat.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

this game is so overhyped and people are probably just starving for anything that resembles the good ol' Bungie combat.

I don't understand that whole "hate it before there is any proof" mentality that gets applied to every single game being released these days. Almost all games are advertised like crazy, have been for years, and it's not going to change any time soon. But people make false assumptions and make invalid claims about games based on nothing more than how much it's advertised.

FPS games sell more, way more, than any other games on the market. It's impossible to make a FPS game that does not resemble or play like other FPS games. But all people say about every FPS game is that it's over hyped, or plays too much like another game, or the few changes they made in attempt to set it apart from other FPS games some how make the game stupid. Not that they would all be valid anyways, but people should at least wait until the game is released and people can actually experience the finished product. The beta has been so popular that it crashed PSN.

I had little interest in the game when I first heard about it simply because I never liked the Halo series. I did own a 360 for many years, but never enjoyed the franchise. But I didn't dismiss the game entirely since I didn't know much about it at the time. After watching my brother play the Alpha via Twitch, I am actually interested in the game now. Yes it has some gameplay elements similar to Borderlands, but it addresses one of the things I dislike about Borderlands, the lack of other people to play and interact with.

Yes Borderlands offers an online mode, but very few people play online, and finding people of equal level, looking to work on the same content as you is very rare. But the open world, MMO style environment of Destiny fixes that issue. Or I should say it looks like it will address that issue. It also doesn't have the linear storyline, that you have to repeat a half dozen times, like Borderlands does.

Why is this even a topic when they announced the game WOULD be coming out for PC but six months after the consoles.